-XII-

Illusions

Mina woke with a splitting headache. She could feel that she was lying on the cold hard ground and the back of her head hurt. Raising a hand to rub her temples, she groaned as she tried to sit up. She forced her eyes open despite the intense throbbing in her head and saw that her hands were red. Her eye’s widened as she flipped her hand back and forth to find it covered in red paint.

Quickly pushing herself up, she looked down and saw that her entire body was covered in red paint and she scrambled to her feet in panic and shock. She leaned back against the wall, dazed and confused as she looked back at the spot where she was lying. There was a pool of red paint on the floor and she turned to see an even more horrifying sight. On the white wall were the words ‘ 일이나 신경써! (Mind your own business!)’.

She spotted her camera on the floor and quickly ran over. She inspected it and found that it only had a scratched screen but the SD card was missing. Mina quickly called Jihyo for help.

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

Jihyo placed the developed photos on the table as Jeongyeon and Sana looked at them.

‘What happened?’ Jeongyeon asked.

‘She was ambushed while following Dahyun. There has to be some shady business going on.’ Jihyo said and Sana frowned.

‘Following Dahyun again? I thought I told her to stop.’ Sana said as she looked at the pictures.

‘The problem here isn’t about that. It means Mina could be in danger. Someone was watching her and whoever it is; they might try to harm her again.’ Jeongyeon said and looked at Sana.

‘If she would stop, nothing would happen to her.’ Sana said and Jeongyeon frowned.

‘That was a little harsh. She’s our friend. Aren’t you concerned at all?’ Jeongyeon asked and Sana felt like she was punched in the stomach. Jeongyeon was right. Why was she being so cold towards the girl? She couldn’t understand herself. She knew she shouldn’t be treating Mina like this but yet she couldn’t seem to control her words.

‘How is she?’ Sana asked.

‘She’s fine. Just a little dizzy from the chemicals and some skin sensitivity from the paint. No other internal or external injuries.’ Jihyo said and Sana nodded.

‘Has she made a police report?’

‘No. She says that since she has been exposed, she should act fast.’ Jihyo said.

‘Is she in the hospital?’

‘She’s resting at home.’

‘Give me her address.’

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

‘Sana unnie?’ Chaeyoung smiled as she opened the door for the girl to enter.

‘Hello Chaeyoung. Is Mina home?’ Sana asked and the girl shook her head.

‘She just left about… Ten minutes ago. Do you know what happened to her? She came back covered in red paint.’

‘No but we assume she was ambushed while following a target.’ Sana said.

‘It’s Dahyun unnie. Isn’t it?’ Tzuyu said as she came out from her room. Sana looked at the girl and nodded.

‘Dahyun unnie? But why?’ Chaeyoung asked.

‘She believes that Dahyun is up to some suspicious business. I don’t know why she is so insistent on digging all these up.’ Sana shook her head. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung exchanged glances and the latter shook her head.

‘Do you trust her? That Dahyun is up to something?’ Tzuyu asked.

‘Of course not. Dahyun and I go way back. I’m sure there’s nothing that Dahyun is keeping from me that Mina knows of. Whatever it may be, it must be some sort of misunderstanding.’ Sana said confidently and Chaeyoung nodded.

‘I’m just saying this but… We’ve only known Mina for a few years now but every time she has her suspicions, it’s almost always dead accurate.’ Chaeyoung said. ‘It’s up to you to believe her or not and there’s no way we can force you to.’

‘I understand.’ Sana nodded as she let Chaeyoung’s words sink in. Was she wrong about Mina?

 


 

Mina had received a message from Yerin that she had been moved to a mental institution. Making her way over, she met up with Yerin by the pond.

‘Hey. How are you?’ Mina smiled as she sat down beside Yerin on the bench. The girl was expressionless and her eyes were dull.

‘As good as a bird whose wings have been clipped can be.’ Yerin laughed dryly and Mina pursed her lips.

‘Why did you want to meet me?’ Mina asked.

‘Was anyone following you?’ Yerin asked and Mina shook her head. ‘There is someone following you. In fact, they’re watching us right now. Don’t look around, you’ll never find them. After I entered this hellhole, we’re all being watched. You, me, Sana, Eunbi.’

‘How do you know?’ Mina asked and leaned closer.

‘I was once a private investigator. My senses are as accurate as you.’ Yerin said. ‘I want to talk to you about the accident.’

‘You remembered something?’ Mina widened her eyes. Yerin handed the girl a few sheets of newspaper articles of the crash. There were words highlighted on the articles.

‘This is what I know.’ Yerin said and Mina nodded. The latter knew the look in the girl’s eyes. They couldn’t talk anymore.

‘Thank you.’ Mina smiled and patted Yerin’s shoulder as she stood up.

‘Be careful.’

‘I will.’

Mina ignored the feeling of someone watching her and drove back to the firm as per normal. The moment the door shut, she ran to her desk and sat down, taking out every backup copy of research she had and began going through them; starting with Yerin’s articles.

The highlighted words had formed a message: Don’t trust them. Believe yourself. Do not openly conduct research. The surface is a façade.

Mina wrote it down and looked at her other documents. Compiling the information into a mind map, she realized that it wasn’t just a gang they were dealing with. It was much more than that.

‘Oh no…’ Mina shook her head. Sana was in deep trouble.

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

Sana and Dahyun was having lunch together when Sana’s phone rang. The girl didn’t seem to notice as she poked at her food. Dahyun looked at the girl for a few seconds before calling out to her.

‘Sana?’

‘Hmm?’

‘Your phone.’

‘Oh. Sorry.’ Sana smiled and picked it up.

‘Hello?’

‘Sana. There’s something I need to tell you about Yerin.’ Mina said urgently over the phone.

‘What is it?’ Sana asked.

‘I can’t tell you over the line. Meet me at the second block on the bridge looking over the pond at the institution in an hour.’

‘The institution?’

‘Don’t be late.’ Mina said and hung up.

‘Hello? Hello?’ Sana said but the line was dead.

‘Is everything alright? What’s wrong with the institution?’ Dahyun asked but Sana smiled.

‘No nothing. Yerin just misses me. I’ll go pay her a visit later.’ Sana said and Dahyun nodded. After lunch, Dahyun had told Sana she had to hurry back to settle some urgent matters and rushed off. The girl made her way herself to the institution and went up to the spot where Mina had told her to wait at.

Dahyun walked briskly towards the pond where Yerin would always be sitting. She found the girl looking listless as she stared off into space and quickly ran up to the girl.

‘Yerin!’ Dahyun called as she ran up in front of Yerin. ‘What did you tell Mina?’ the girl simply shook her face with a look of confusion but Dahyun wasn’t buying it. She grabbed Yerin’s shoulders and shook her, demanding the girl to tell the truth. Yerin gripped her head that was starting to hurt from the vigorous movement as Dahyun leaned closer to Yerin.

Mina lowered her camera and looked at the scene unfolding in front of her eyes. She was hidden away from their sight behind a pillar. She was right after all.

Sana checked her watched and let out a deep breath filled with annoyance. Mina was almost fifteen minutes late and yet she told her to be punctual. She was about to leave when her phone buzzed in her pocket. She took it out and saw that Mina had sent her a couple of images. Opening them, her eyes widened in disbelief.

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

Dahyun was at Sana’s house for dinner. As Dahyun was joking with Sana’s parents, the girl had been distracted by her thoughts.

‘Sana? Are you tired? You’ve been spacing out a lot recently.’ Mrs Minatozaki said as her daughter turned to look at her.

‘Do you want to rest early?’ Dahyun asked and heled Sana’s hand but the girl pulled away.

‘I’d like to postpone our wedding.’ Sana said.

‘What? But the invitations have been sent!’ Mr Minatozaki exclaimed in shock.

‘I just need to settle some problems before going on with the marriage.’ Sana stated firmly.

‘What exactly is it that’s so important?’

‘I don’t know clearly either but stop asking. It’s final.’ Sana said.

‘Then what about Dahyun? Do you expect her to wait?’ Mrs Minatozaki said and Dahyun smiled.

‘It’s okay. I’m willing to wait. Sana should be prepared and ready so she can be happy. I won’t force her.’ Dahyun smiled.

 

Sana walked Dahyun out to her car.

‘Do you want to go for a drink?’ Dahyun asked and Sana shook her head.

‘I’m tired. Maybe next time. Good night.’ Sana said and walked back into the house. Dahyun thought for a little before running towards Sana.

‘Wait.’ Sana turned around. ‘Maybe you should visit Yerin more often. I visited her earlier and her mental condition didn’t seem too stable. She was easily swayed by her emotions. I think she has been stressing herself too much for not being able to remember the past.’ Dahyun said and Sana’s thoughts drifted back to the pictures that Mina had sent her.

‘It’s my fault. I’ve been too busy to visit her recently.’ Sana sighed and Dahyun shook her head.

‘It’s okay. Just try to spend more time with her. I’m sure she will get better then. Hopefully one day I can take care of her with you. As a family.’ Dahyun patted Sana’s shoulders with a smile.

 


 

A pair of eyes watched Dahyun’s movements closely through a pair of binoculars. Dahyun got into her car and drove off with a silver Honda following at a distance. The car pulled up at a bus stop and Dahyun got out of the car. She walked towards a lady in a black dress standing by the kerb and gave her a hug.

Sana pulled her shades off and watched as they walked towards Dahyun’s car. She quickly gave Dahyun a call and watched as the pair stopped walking.

‘Hello?’

‘Hey. Are you up for dinner tonight?’

‘No, I’ll be swamped with meetings later on. Sorry. How about tomorrow? What would you like to eat? I can make some reservations.’

‘We’ll discuss it later then.’ Sana said and Dahyun hummed.

‘I have to go now. Talk to you later.’ Dahyun said before hanging up. Sana watched as the smile reappeared on Dahyun’s face as she opened the door for the lady. They drove to a hotel and got out, leaving the car to the valet.

They walked to the reception and got the key cards.

‘I’m looking forward to it.’ Dahyun smiled and the lady nodded. They were about to take the lift up when Dahyun saw Sana standing there with a solemn expression.

‘Hey, how are you? You must be Sana.’ The lady greeted.

‘She’s Sze Kai.’ Dahyun looked at the lady.

‘I met Dahyun in Hong Kong.’ Sze Kai smiled.

‘I need to talk to you.’ Sana said and started to walk away but Dahyun stopped her.

‘I need to talk to you too.’

The trio went up to the room and Sze Kai pushed the doors open. Sana was the first to walk in, taking in the rose petals scattered over the floors and flowers that decorated the room. Sana walked through the room, taking in the decorations.

‘Dahyun wanted to give you a surprise.’ Sze Kai smiled as Sana looked around.

‘You always said you wanted a wedding like a princess. Is this up to your standards?’ Dahyun asked and Sana could only look at her.

‘Dahyun spent a really long time preparing this concept and getting all this arranged. If you want to add or change anything, I can still amend it.’ She smiled and Dahyun shook her head.

‘Our wedding will be postponed. Sorry, I didn’t get to inform you in time. I just wanted to see what my plan would look like when realized.’ Dahyun said.

‘Oh sure, just take a look around.’ Sze Kai smiled before leaving the two to their privacy. Sana walked by the bed which had flower petals arranged in a heart shape. She stood by the window which had a view of the entire city area.

‘So what did you want to tell me?’ Dahyun asked and Sana turned around.

‘I was going to say that the wedding can go on as planned.’ Sana said and Dahyun smiled.

‘Really?’ Dahyun asked, ecstatic.

‘Yes.’ Sana grinned and Dahyun pulled Sana into a tight hug.

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

Mina was back at the cemetery. She paced around the gravestones in silence as she waited for her contact to arrive. Yerin was right, she could feel someone watching her and she could tell there was a presence nearby.

‘Mina.’ An elderly man said and walked towards the girl with a manila envelope.

‘Sir. Thank you so much.’ Mina smiled and shook his hand.

‘Any time.’ He nodded before walking off. He was a caretaker of the cemetery and Mina had asked him for some information about the burial date of the lady. Mina went back to the firm to get the rest of her research information before getting into her car again.

She slipped her shades on and drove off to a café to meet with the other witnesses of the gas explosion. Mina could see a car following her; the same car that she has caught glimpses of all morning. Feigning innocence, she met up with the other men and sat down for some coffee. Another older man came by to join and Mina handed the envelope to him, listening attentively as he told her what he knew.

It was evening by the time she was done for the day and she decided to go to the bar to unwind.

She stumbled out of the bar after a few hours as she waited for Jihyo to come pick her up.

 


 

‘Why does everyone invite me to their weddings?’ Mina mused to herself as she opened Sana’s wedding invitation. It was the 20th, same date as Ken’s wedding. ‘And on the same date as another of my friend’s wedding as well.’

‘Well, you can go to your friend’s one instead.’ Sana said and Mina shook her head.

‘You’re my boss. You have a higher importance than him. Why? Don’t want me to crash your wedding? I promise I’ll behave.’ Mina laughed and Sana felt slightly guilty.

‘It’s not that. Look, I’m sorry.’ Sana said and Mina looked at her with curious eyes.

‘Whatever for?’

‘For being so ty towards you. All you ever tried to do was to help and protect me but I have been shooting you down each time.’ Sana lowered her head.

‘It’s fine. I just want to share one last story with you. I owe you this.’ Mina said and Sana frowned.

‘If it’s about Da-’

‘No. It’s my story that you asked for.’ Mina cut her off and Sana leaned back in her seat.

‘Sorry. I thought…’

‘It’s fine.’ Mina took a deep breath. ‘Recently I found out who was the person who broke my leg. It was my trusted student. I taught him everything and yet it wasn’t enough. He didn’t desire the knowledge. It was the awards and recognition that he wanted and with me in the business, he couldn’t rise into the spotlight. Momo’s husband was his friend and together, they decided to put me down. He hired a gang member to take care of me. He was the one who did exactly what I did. He took pictures of me and Momo on the sly and submitted them to the agencies as if they were new. Pictures can be misleading and that’s how I was maligned. Slandered. Ruined.’

Sana didn’t know what to say. Mina had gone through so much and rather than helping the girl, she had only hurt Mina more.

‘He’s no longer my student and I know who the thug is.’

‘What do you plan to do?’ Sana asked carefully.

‘Nothing. He was hired. He did it for the money so there’s nothing that I can do. If I get back at him, I have a whole gang to deal with which is worst. I’ll live my life like this and suffer alone. Like I always have. You said that if I went after Dahyun one more time you would fire me. I assume I’m jobless now but that’s alright.’ Mina smiled and shook her head.

‘Mina, I didn’t mean it. I was angry an-’

‘It was nice working with you Sana. It was really nice. You were a great boss and I’m sorry for always stepping on your tail. Just remember this; keep your friends close and your enemies’ closer.’ Mina stood up from her seat as Sana looked at her with sad eyes. ‘Thank you for the coffee. I’ll see you around.’ The photographer smiled and left the café.

 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

Mina was going around the area where the explosion had happened. She met up with a few more men and slipped them some cash for their information. Taking the files from them, she kept them in her bag before listening to their conversation.

It was almost time to go and she nodded before leaving. Walking down the alley, she could feel the presence of multiple people watching her every move. Mina took her Bluetooth headset out of her pocket and slipped it on. She walked straight down the alley, past the only left turn and went straight down into the dead-end.

She saw several gangsters appear from the end of the streets and stopped. She could hear the footsteps of more behind her. Mina backed up into a wall with a smile on her face and accepted her fate.

 


 

‘Auntie. Uncle.’ Jeongyeon smiled as she shook hands with Sana’s parents.

‘Jeongyeon! So glad you could come.’ Mr Minatozaki beamed.

‘Of course of course! I’ll always be here to support Sana.’

‘Why aren’t Jihyo and Mina here with you?’ Mr Minatozaki asked and Jeongyeon checked her watch.

‘I’ll give them a call. Maybe they’re stuck in a jam. Excuse me.’ Jeongyeon smiled and dialled Jihyo’s number. She listened as the phone rang but no one was picking up.

‘No one is picking up.’ Jeongyeon said.

‘Perhaps they’re stuck in a jam. The wedding is about to start, we should head in first.’ Mrs Minatozaki said and gestured for Jeongyeon to proceed.

 

The music began to play and Sana appeared in the doorway, arms linked with her father’s as they walked down the red carpet. Sana looked around and the friends and family that were clapping happily for her.

Her eyes met with Dahyun’s and she smiled. Dahyun was looking as stunning as ever. Mr Minatozaki and Sana reached the podium and he smiled at his daughter before taking a seat beside his wife. The guests sat down and waited for the pastor to start the ceremony.

‘Kim Dahyun, will you take Minatozaki Sana as your wife? Do you promise to love and respect her/him and share all life has to offer...your hopes and dreams...your achievements and disappointments with her/him from this day forward?’

‘Yes, I do.’ Dahyun smiled at Sana.

‘Minatozaki Sana, will you take Kim Dahyun as your wife? Do you promise to love and respect her/him and share all life has to offer...your hopes and dreams...your achievements and disappointments with her/him from this day forward?’

Sana was silent for a few seconds and Dahyun looked expectantly at her.

‘I…’ Sana said but was cut off by Jihyo’s shout which echoed throughout the chapel.

‘Boss! Wait!’ Jihyo panted at the doorway with two other people behind her. They ran in and stopped at the bench that Dahyun and Sana’s parents were seated at and Jihyo pointed at Jin-an, looking at the two plain clothes officers.

‘He’s the one behind it. He killed Mina!’ Jihyo yelled and everyone gasped.

‘He what?’ Sana asked but Jin-an stood up and drew a .44 magnum revolver from his inner coat pocket and pointed it at Jihyo. The two officers instantly jumped into action and tackled him to the floor, knocking the gun out of his hands and pinned him to the ground, cuffing his hands and immediately brought him away.

 

Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Sana and her parents stood outside the chapel as Jihyo took out her laptop. She inserted the SD card from her camera and opened a video. There were about four gangsters; two girls and two boys, all wielding metal bats. The girl was the first to strike, whacking Mina’s left knee, sending a crippling jolt of pain up her leg and she fell to the ground with an agonizing yell. They jumped her with no mercy and Sana winced.

‘Why didn’t you stop them?’ Sana asked and Jihyo ran a hand though her hair.

‘Mina wanted me to film this whole thing. She told me to stop only when she gave me the signal but she never did.’ Jihyo said as she held her tears in.

‘What was he investigating?’ Mr Minatozaki asked.

‘The explosion from two years ago.’ Jihyo said.

‘She still hasn’t given up?’ Jeongyeon gasped in amazement at how long the girl has been pushing on that.

‘She just wanted to scare Dahyun after she saw that she had visited someone at the cemetery but she was warned and it aroused her suspicions.

 

‘If I was attacked while following him, it only means one thing. The predator has become the prey and there is an even bigger predator out there watching me.’ Mina said as she paced around the house.

‘How do you plan to fight the predator when you’re a prey?’ Chaeyoung asked.

‘I will have to lure him out either way.’ Mina said.

‘But it’s not just one person you have to deal with. There could be a whole organization.’ Tzuyu said, voice laced with worry.

‘I know. But I have to try. This is the only way that Sana will finally understand and for light to be shed on the entire situation. I need to turn the predator into a prey and the ultimate predator… is you.’ Mina said and turned towards Jihyo, pointing at her.

‘Me?’ Jihyo’s eyes widened.

‘You.’ Mina nodded firmly. ‘You will film the entire process when the predator strikes as evidence.’

‘Isn’t it too risky?’ Tzuyu asked.

‘I have nothing to lose anymore. I’m already in this state and I don’t think my life can get any better. My reputation is ruined. Tainted forever and I can never go back to the spot I fell from. Since things are like this, I have no fear.’ Mina said and Jihyo’s eyebrows knitted together.

‘How do you plan to lure him out then?’ Chaeyoung asked and Mina looked at her.

‘I know Dahyun’s dad is watching me. I can feel it. Yerin has pre-empted me about it and she is right. He is afraid that we may have found something that he is trying to hide. Although I don’t exactly know what it is, I think that the more he doesn’t want us to find out, we have to pretend that we already know. That’s how he will strike because he will want the evidence to be destroyed.’

 

 

Jihyo met up with the caretaker at the cemetery, holding an envelope in hand.

‘It’s easy to spark a guilty person’s conscience. It’s like a room full of highly flammable gas. One small spark will set the whole place on fire. One small movement from us will send them scrambling. I will meet with the caretaker to pretend to get information. Then, I’ll return to the firm to retrieve more of such “information”.’

Jihyo next went to the café and met up with the men who were the “witnesses”. She briefed them on what to do and gave them some cash each before dispersing.

‘Next, I will meet the people that have been bribed to create the image that I am beginning to uncover more and more of the truth that he wishes to keep under wraps.’

Jihyo’s voice came though the Bluetooth headset soon after Mina slipped them on.

‘There’s an exit on your left. Don’t go ahead, there’s a dead end there.’ Jihyo said though the headset and Mina ignored her, walking straight into the dead end.

‘What are you doing?’ Jihyo screamed into the headset and Mina smiled.

‘Ready your gun, hunter. It’s show time. Remember; film till the signal is given.’ Mina said as she was cornered by the gangsters.

 

Tears rolled down Sana’s cheek and Mr Minatozaki pulled her into his arms, rubbing circles onto her back.

‘I should have just called the police. Why did I listen to her?’ Jihyo cried as her knees buckled and Jeongyeon placed her arm around the girl’s shoulders.

‘Mina said that if she doesn’t make it back, she wants you to check the side pocket in her car.’ Jihyo said and Sana looked at the girl. Sana quickly ran towards Mina’s car that Jihyo had driven over in and the first thing that caught her eye was the side door. She had fixed the dent that Sana had always been complaining about.

Swinging the door open, she looked through the side pocket on the door and pulled out a plastic case. It was an SD card.

 


 

Sana inserted the SD card into her computer and played the only video that was stored in it.

Mina’s upper half appeared on her screen and Sana hugged her legs.

‘Miss me already?’ Mina chuckled and Sana scoffed lightly. ‘When you see this, Jihyo should have successfully got my message across. I didn’t lie to you. I never would have lied to you. If you persevere, you will always find the answer. Someone once told me that patience is a virtue. It really is. Do you finally believe me?

Sana nodded at the screen even if Mina couldn’t see her.

‘Tell Yerin and Eunbi that I have migrated back to Japan. Don’t worry, I will live just fine.’ Mina smiled as tears brimmed in her eyes. Sana covered with her hands as tears clouded her own vision.

‘I know you have been keeping something from me. I can sense it. See? My senses are almost always right. If you regret telling me now, it’s okay. You can still leave me a voice message.’ Mina smiled and the tears that she had been holding back rolled down her cheeks and she quickly lowered her head, rubbing her eyes. Sana let out a sob as more tears welled up in her eyes.

Mina took a deep but shaky breath and looked up at the camera with red rimmed eyes.

‘Always remember the three tactics I taught you.’ Mina smiled and Sana nodded vigorously. ‘Uh… What else… Ah yes, always smile more. You’re the prettiest when you smile. And one last thing you should remember.’

Mina looked around at her room and Sana waited expectant of what she would say. The photographer stared into the camera for a long time as she tried to get the words out. She seemed to finally steel her nerves and looked at the camera with a straight face.

‘Forget me.’

Sana lost all her control. She sobbed, clenching her bedsheets in her fists as she looked down at her lap. Tears seemed to pour endlessly from her pretty eyes as she let it all out. She looked back at the screen and saw that Mina’s eyes were bloodshot as she tried to hold back her tears. She looked down before standing up and reached over the camera to stop the recording and the screen turned dark.

Mina cried harder than she ever had in all her years of living. She had never cried like this. Not when she was knocked down. Not when Momo left her. Not when her knee was ruined. Yet now, she’s sobbing like a baby. She thumbed herself on her chest as she hunched over, clenching her shirt in her fists.

‘I love you… I love you so much.’ Mina choked out as she tightened her grip.

 

Sana tried to stop crying but she just couldn’t. She couldn’t help herself. She buried her face into her pillow and screamed.

 

Goodbyes are always the hardest.