I Like You But You Like Someone Else

One Shots Collection (or Rubbish)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember.

“You.” She pointed at me.

She smirks.

“What is your name?” She asked.

 

“Chaeyoung.” I replied.

Starting a conversation with other people wasn’t my thing. Especially when you’ve already made up your mind to be alone all the time. Being alone means no friends.

No friends mean not getting hurt.

And I don’t like getting hurt.

And I like being alone.

 

[But she just wouldn’t leave me alone.]

 

This pale-skin, blonde just wouldn’t give me any personal space.

“I like you, Chaeyoung. Be my friend.” She said.

“I’m Dahyun.”

“I’m fine but thank you.” I stood up wanting to leave, a nonsensical farce to be honest, and I was getting a little annoyed by her.

She looks flustered, but I don’t really care.

The next thing I knew, she stops me by the wrist and looked into her eyes.

Her eyes.

 

[The look in her eyes was genuine.]

 

It sparkled. I took a step back unknowingly. The look in her eyes were real, as if there isn’t anything holding her back. It gave me the shudders. She’s dangerous, I must have thought back then. Someone like her shouldn’t be in my life because I’m a poor match.

 

“I’m sorry.” I take her hand off my wrist gently. “I gotta go.”

And I ran away from that situation, not knowing how the look on her face was like because I was afraid of making friends.

 

[She’s too bright for me.]

 

 

 

I hate Iced Americano.

I hate the bitter taste of Americano. But then it makes me feel like an adult – which I wanna be. Doesn’t matter if it tasted bitter or not.

It was raining. Lovely, I thought to myself. Rain makes me happy. You snuggle up in warm hoodie and sweatpants and sit in a café until the weather clears up – it’s bliss. You listen to your favourite playlist while doodling nothing. You look outside the windows occasionally and smile because it’s your favourite type of day.

 

“You look pretty when you smile.”

I heard a voice through my earphones. Surprised, I looked up and find the same person standing there again. My mood was temporarily ruined halted. The girl just had to mind someone’s else business.

“Why...”

“Before you run away, I just wanna say this is pure coincidence. I live near here.” She smiled.

 

[Liar]

 

Her slippers were drenched, and her pants were dripping with water. I pretended not to notice.

“The other tables are full. Mind if sit here?” She asked.

As much as I hated company, I also realise that the other tables were indeed full, and I would look much to unkind to shun someone from an empty seat.

Not that I was particularly kind in the first place.

“I promised I won’t bother you!” She bowed.

Funny how someone would bow to something like this.

“Be my guest.” I gestured and plug in back my earphone.

She plunged her cup of hot chocolate on the table and sat down.

Looking out at the rain soothed me and made me felt better. Talking to people was exhausting. What was her name again? Dahyun, was it? Yeah. Dahyun looks uncomfortable, as if she was nervous or something. She kept shuffling in her seat.

I paid no heed and continued what made me happy.

“You draw?”

At this point, I was getting a little irritated because I had to momentarily take my earphones off. I wonder why I cared that much even to respond to her.

I nodded at her question. “A little.” I replied.

“Ahh.”

“Could I see some of your work?” She continued.

Didn’t she promised to leave me alone? Uh.

“Fine. If you leave me alone after this.” I passed my drawing pad over reluctantly. She’s such a handful and tiring.

She giggled to which annoyed me more.

“What?”

“It’s just that this is the first time I heard you spoke more than 3 words in a sentence.” She chuckled.

“Do you want it or not?”

I think she could tell I was angry.

“I’m sorry. Of course!” She received it with both hands.

 

[And you could tell a person is good or not with their actions.]

 

“Wow, you’re…great.” She said in awe.

Not like her compliment meant anything. I hear that from my parents and relatives all the time.

 

[I was happy hearing that.]

 

“Thanks.” I said.

“You’re very welcome.”

She knows how to deal with people like me, huh.

And that was the last time I heard her talk. From the moment I’ve put my earphones back in, she hasn’t uttered a single word even though I know it was killing her from doing so. She must have respected me, especially when I’m sharing a table with her and she knows. And I’m thankful for that because I respected silence, and she should.

 

[She respected me.]

 

 

 

I have no idea how everything started.

The fact that she follows m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter