1 and a 1/2 Apple

One Shots Collection (or Rubbish)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Have you ever been in this position before, Jihyo unnie?" I asked her.

"Me? Of course not. You're the only one in this awkward position." She replied to which I just nodded my head slightly.

Of course she wasn't like me. How is it possible to fall in love with two people at the same time? I didn't know either. It all came to a sudden realization that both girls were both someone I cared and loved so much for then I ended up being this person that is stuck between the realms of friendship and love.

"What am I suppose to do?" I stared across the blue horizon.

The night sea was calming, in a sense that it was quiet, quiet enough for me to sort out the thoughts in my mind. Jihyo unnie was seated beside me, she was playing with the sand around her.

"Who do you really like?" She opened her palms to reveal two different stones, one which was white and one which was gray.

".I-I don't know. When I think of Chaeyoung, Sana unnie appears in my mind, vice versa. It's so frustrating." I started kicking the sand in front of me.

Jihyo unnie then took both stone and threw it into the dark blue water.

"I can't tell you who to choose, Dahyun-ah. But one thing I know for sure, whatever choice you have made up in your mind, better not hurt the other." She turned to face me.

"Some people have different opinions. I read it somewhere that some people believe that the first person you loved at first sight is the correct choice for them, well some others, believe that if you didn't genuinely love the first person, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second." She explained.

Her words struck me. Which was the first and which was the second? And which was more important than the other? I couldn't answer the question.

Whenever I spent time with either, the other's image pops up in my mind. It made me felt so guilt-tripped and selfish. Who was I to like two people at once? That's right, I'm just a nobody and I have no rights to love either. It all just made me look a playboy, almost like a casanova. Sometimes organizing thoughts in my head made my brain hurts and I chose to escape from it rather than facing it head on.

Both Sana unnie and Chaeyoung loved me, and I loved both of them.

Oh God, why are you playing with my fickle and fragile heart?

"I trust that you will make the right decision, my dubu." She threw another pebble into the ocean.

"I sure hope so." I layed on the sand and stared at dark blue skies.

...

 

 

I sat on the ledge and started to think back on all the memories.

...

Chaeyoung. We knew each other since we were little. She recently came back from America from her studies and continued pursuing higher education here in Korea. We rarely kept in touch for a few years, and didn't even told me she was coming back to Korea. I could sort of recognise her in school when I heard about the new transfer student, to my surprise, I was shocked seeing Chaeyoung.

She has changed so much, so much more matured than she looked before. She became really pretty. So pretty to the fact that I couldn't almost recognise her until I saw her signature dimples when she smiled. I remembered she was shorter than me before, but now she was the same height. It made questioned my puberty and hormones deeply. It made me reluctant to approach her because of the "invisible wall" around her.

From my memories, I recalled the times when we were little.

Although she's one year younger, she take cares of me really well. I remembered she told me that "You're the one that I want to spend my whole life with". We knew each other so well in the back of our heads, we were like sisters, best friends, or maybe even something more. She's the one that I depend the most back then when I didn't have any friends of the same age. I loved her, until she left bounded for America.

Was she still the same ol' Chaeyoung that I knew? I wondered. It gave me courage to approach her first.

I remembered the conversation.

 

"Hello, Hi." I tapped her on the shoulder.

"Chaeyoung. Do you remember me?" I asked meekly.

"..."

She remained silent and squinted her eyes, scanning me from head to toe. It somehow made me feel really embarrassed about my own body and I started to cover my "inadequate" body with my arms panicky. After the sudden realization that I was her "long-lost" unnie, her eyes lit up and gasped in surprise.

"Dahyun unnie? That's you right?" She exclaimed as she started touching my arms and pinched my cheeks, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Uh huh, it's me. It's been a long time" I said shyly.

"It's really you!! I missed you so much!!" She hugged me tightly.

I could felt my cheeks heating up within her embrace. My heart was beating way too fast.

Wait, why is my heart beating so fast? It's just Chaeyoung.

"You've...changed a lot." I the back of her head as she continu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter