Ch 6

The Professor's Journalist

 

     Baekhyun did not expect to see a friend of Chanyeol’s here. From what Chanyeol told him they hate coffee, each for their own reasons. So, seeing one of them sitting here in the cafe was surprising. Baekhyun had to admit Sehun looked gorgeous like a Vogue model. As Baekhyun sat down he noted Sehun’s slivery-grey hair and his pale flawless skin. Of course Chanyeol had to have friends tall friends. The kid was a freaking giant even sitting down. It made Baekhyun annoyed; why are there so many tall people in the world. Baekhyun was actually more annoyed with the fact that the kid didn't say anything, he was wasting his free time. 

    “So is there anything you wanted to talk about or are you just going to stare at me all day” Baekhyun took a sip of his coffee while waiting for a reply. 

    “uh uh yeah um I heard your friends with someone that a friend of mine has a crush on” Sehun said it so fast I hardly caught what he said, but he understood what he was talking about.

    “are you talking about Kyungsoo?” Sehun’s jaw hung open and all he could do was nod. A smile formed on Baekhyun’s porcelain skin as he put his coffee cup down on the table. 

    “well Sehun it looks like we have a lot to discuss then.” 

The kid looked scared and a little happy. He should defiantly introduce this kid to Luhan because the man needed a boyfriend and this guy was perfect for him. He decided to file that for later and worry about Kyungsoo. 

    “Im guessing you are friends with this student then” 

    “Yeah his name is Jongin. He is one of my fellow journalists and he actually is finishing up his masters because he wants to be able to either teach or write books” Baekhyun was stunned this kid that Kyungsoo kept bickering about is actually a smart kid. Someone who I know Kyungsoo can learn to love. 

    “wow the way Kyungsoo was talking about him it made it seem as if he was a dumb boy with no respect” Sehun busted out laughing and kept laughing for a good minute or so. 

    “Yeah Jongin does tend to give off that vibe but he is a good guy. He really is one of the smartest people in the whole company and even graduated as Valedictorian when he got his degree in Journalism” All Baekhyun could do was gape at Sehun. Valedictorian! The smartest in the company! Wow, this guy is amazing. 

    “Hey Sehun do you by any chance have a picture of this guy. You know, so I can get a better sense of the guy.” Sehun smiled and pulled out his phone. The picture was of the two of them They looked to be of the same height and both built. Jongin had tanner skin and had brown hair that parted down the middle. He had this big goofy smile on his face and nice eyes. Baekhyun couldn't help but think of how fun this whole thing is going to be. Just as he was going to say something his phone rang. Luhan’s name was flashing on the screen. He quickly appologized and went to answer the call. 

    “Hey Baek are you at the cafe? Im actually headed there and wanted to see if we could hangout. Maybe try and help your friend with his love life.” 

    “Yeah, actually I am! Also Im here with a friend of Chanyeol’s and I wanted you to meet him. He seems really nice” Baekhyun could hear Luhan’s sigh from the other end of the phone.
    “Look Baekhyun I know that your worried for me but Im just not ready okay?” Now it was Baekhyun’s turn to sigh into the phone. 

    “Fine. fine. Im at the cafe.I’ll see you soon then.” 

With that the both of them said their goodbyes and hung up. Baekhyun came back to the table silently appologizing again for the phone call. 

    “A friend of mine is actually willing to help us with this whole situation and he just wanted to know if I was at the cafe.” Sehun just nodded in understanding. 

    “It’s fine I was just about to go anyways. I have to get to work and I honestly cannot afford to be late.” Baekhyun was about to stop him but he had already gotten his cup and got up to leave. He watched Sehun leave the shop just as Luhan was entering. If only he could have had Sehun stay a little longer.  

 

 

      Luhan swore he recognized the back of the patron that left the cafe but he didn't dwell on it long because he was here for other reasons. He spotted Baekhyun sitting at a table a little crest fallen. Didn't he say that a friend of Chanyeol’s was willing to help, then why was he sitting alone? Lohan quickly waved and muttered a soft “Baek” before heading toward the table. Both of them were extatic to see the other. Baekhyun looked a little shocked at Luhan’s appearance. Luhan had decided to go casual today. He wore black jeans, a grey hoodie, and left his hair down. Luhan liked wearing clothes like this but his job hardly gave him the privilege to do so. Luhan noted the small cafe. It was really cozy and decided that he should definetly come here more often. 

    “hey Luge sorry about Sehun leaving. He said he had to get to work which i didn't blame him. The kid practically bolted out of here thinking his boss was going to fire him.” Luhan stopped breathing and looked at Baekhyun. Sehun. He had not heard that name in awhile. It couldn't have been the same Sehun that he left, could it? 

    “Baekhyun di- did you just say Sehun. As in Oh Sehun?” 

    “Well Im not sure about his last name but yeah his name is Sehun. Do you know him?” 

    “no no I don't think so I just thought the name was fimilar thats all.” Luhan hated lying to Baekhyun but he didn't want him to know about his past and those in his past. 

    “well anyways Sehun is best friends with Jongin, Kyungsoo’s crush, and he wanted to help get them together. I was thinking about the three of us getting together to come up with a plan. What do you think Luge?” Luhan’s mouth went dry at the name of Sehun but he nodded nonetheless. 

    “Great I’ll keep you updated. I still need to get his number. I think I’ll just ask Chanyeol for his number just in case I don’t run into him again.”  

    Sehun. Luhan was going to see this Sehun and he prayed to anyone that it wasn't Oh Sehun because he was not ready to face him.