Ch 13

The Professor's Journalist

Sehun unlocked the door and went back to the table. He decided that working would distract him from the anxiety building up in his chest. He didn’t know why he responded to Luhan. Luhan was the one who walked out on him without so much as an apology but why was Sehun talking to him again. All these thoughts ran through his head as he wrote and edited his articles. He was so engrossed into his article that he missed the knock on the door. It was only when the door opened that Sehun peeled his eyes off the screen to look at the intruder. Luhan was standing there clad in black. 

    “It looks like you still remembered this place” Sehun scoffed at Luhan. He went back to working on his laptop not paying attention to the man standing by the door. 

    “Sehun, I-I wanted to talk to you” 

    “well make it quick I have work I need to finish” Sehun didn't bother to look at Luhan’s face because he already knew that cofusion found its way there. 

    “work? Sehun you never liked working at home” 

    “yeah well people change Luhan” Sehun was not sorry for that one. Luhan deserved it after what he put him through. 

    “Sehun please can you look at me?” At Luhan’s soft tone Sehun had to look up. He didn't want to admit it but Luhan’s voice still affected him. 

    “Sehun, I owe you an explanation for what I did-“ 

    “No you owe me a lot more than an explanation Luhan” Anger was quite visible on Sehun’s face at this moment. He couldn't help it, all the anger that he kept inside just came out. Sehun was still infatuated with Luhan but he didn’t, he couldn't trust him no more.  

    “Sehun please just let me talk and then you can scream and yell at me all you want” 

    “fine but you better have one hell of an explanation” Luhan let out a breath and knew that it was now or never. 

    

*flashback to two years ago* 

    “Luhan I need to talk to you” It was his father. The man that wanted nothing more than to have Sehun and Luhan break up. He disapproved of them from the very beginning. He never like the fact that Luhan was dating some lowly journalist. As far as Luhan was concerned the man had a black cold heart. His father was sitting at his desk watching him as he walked in. 

    “Luhan I need to talk to you about your relationship” 

    “this again if thats what you wanted to talk about then I'm going to leave!” 

    “Luhan.” His father’s tone was strong and angry. 

    “What I was going to say is that I’ll let you be with this boy” Luhan stood up with shock evident in his face. 

    “however there is a condition” There it was. His father always had conditions to his choices. 

    “I want you to move out and live in our house. I also want you to break up with him and focus on the company. If you are able to become the CEO then I’ll freely let you date this kid” 

    “No Im not going to break up with him just to focus on work. I can do both. My relationship has no effect on my work” 

    “Perhaps you are not hearing what I am saying. Perhaps I’ll have to tell you in another way. If you don't break up with him I’ll make sure he wont make it to the end of the day.” Luhan was used this father’s threats but this time, the way he was saying it, seemed like an actual thing he will do. Luhan knew he promised Sehun that his father wouldn't come between them but he also promised he would protect Sehun with his life. Luhan didn't want to leave him but if that was the only way that Sehun would be able to survive than he had to do it. 

    “fine, but if I find out that you so much as breath in his direction I will end you” 

    “Looks like you finally made the right decision son” 

    

Luhan knew Sehun was at work so he picked this time to clear his things out. To make things worse his father decided to join him and make sure he actually cleared his things out. Luhan sat on the end of their bed holding a small black box. He was planning on proposing to Sehun tonight but instead he was leaving him. Luhan felt lost. Without Sehun in his life he would be so empty and lifeless. He closed the box and stuffed it back into his pocket and looked at the room one last time before closing the door. He made a promise to come back to Sehun no matter how long it took. He would return to his soulmate. 

 

*end of flashback* 

Sehun sat back in his chair, tears prickling the corner of his eyes. All these years he thought that Luhan broke his promise and used him but he kept it all these years. 

    “Luhan, I-I di-“ 

    “Sehun understand I never wanted to leave you but leaving you was better than having you killed. I love Sehun, I always have and I always will. Can you accept me back?” Sehun couldn't find the ability to say anything so he nodded. When Luhan looked up to meet his eyes Sehun couldn't keep the tears back, they fell at at alarming rate. He spung from his chair and wrapped his arms around Luhan’s neck. When he felt Luhan’s arms wrap around his waist he started to cry. Sehun felt horrible, he blamed Luhan all these years for leaving him. Never once did he ask why. He mumbled “sorry” over and over in Luhan’s shoulder while Luhan kept repeating “it isn't your fault” , both stayed like that for awhile. When they pulled apart Sehun grabbed Luhan’s face and kissed him passionately on the lips. To Sehun, this was what heaven is and he was bound never to let it go.  

 

Kyungsoo still could not wrap his mind around the fact that Jongin practically barged in his house and made out with him. Both of them sat on Kyungsoo’s couch silent. It looked like both of them were still trying to wrap their minds around what just happened. 

    “you know I meant every word Soo. I’m not leaving you” Kyungsoo looked at the man sitting next to him, he believed what Jongin said but he was still scared. He had a reputation to keep up and Jongin was about to destroy it all. 

    “I know you’re still thinking about your reputation Kyungsoo but it it makes you feel better than I will keep it G rated at school. I’ll make sure no one finds out” 

    “you really are an idiot aren't you” Kyungsoo felt safe and happy in Jongin’s arms. Maybe this whole relationship thing might work out. 

    “oh and don't think you’re getting an A in my class just because you’re my boyfriend” Kyungsoo got up and went to get some drinks from the kitchen. 

    “Come on Kyungsoo. You know I need this A” Kyungsoo just laughed at himself in the kitchen. Dating Jongin sure is going to be one heck of a ride.