Ch 11

The Professor's Journalist

      Jongin practically ran to class this morning. He couldn't wait to see Kyungsoo. He went by his apartment this morning but it seemed as if he already left. Yesterday was great, to Jongin at least. They spent the day joking around and getting to know each other. He found out that Kyungsoo was only a year older than him and that he has a nervous cooking habit (judging by the amount of sweets in the home). Jongin was glad that they were on first name basis. They hung out most of the day until Kyungsoo kicked him out so he could get some grading done for the start of the week.
He found his seat in the front and placed his things down. There were few students in the class since he still had 20 minutes left till the start of class. Jongin's leg started to fidget, he had no idea why he was so nervous. This was not the first time seeing Kyungsoo. He kept pondering the doubts that filled his mind until the door opened to reveal Kyungsoo walking in with his usual, a cup of coffee and his books. Jongin looked up from his phone thag he was playing with absentmindedly to wave but Kyungsoo acted like he didnt see him. Weird.
Kyungsoo put his books down and opened them up to reveal the outline for the days lecture. He was clad in all black and his thick hair was slicked back to reveal his flawless tan skin. His glasses rested gracefully on the bridge of his nose. Jongin was mesmerized by Kyungsoo he couldnt peal his eyes off. However, he was still annoyed at the fact that Kyungsoo didnt even acknowledge his presence. Since he saw there was enough time before class he decided to go up and talk with him and ask if he wanted to catch lunch with him and sehun. Jongin swiftly got up out of his chair and made his way to Kyungsoo's podium but Kyungsoo still wasnt paying him attention.
        "Kyungsoo?" Still nothing
         "Kyungsoo. Hey anyone in there?!" Kyungsoo glared up at him and his wavkng hands.
         "Kim Jongin can I help you with anything?" Jongin didnt know why he sounded so pissed off but he didn't care he just wanted the guy to notice him.
          "I wanted to ask if you wanted to have lunch with me and Sehun today?"
          "No" Jongin was dumbfounded,no, Kyungsoo said he didn't want lunch?!
         "Come on Kyungsoo whats up didnt you have fun yesterday" Kyungsoo gared hard at him and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.
          "Listen here Kim Jongin you are a student in my class and I dont mingle with my students so please leave me alone unless uou have a question about the lecture." Jongin gapped at him how could he just throw him a curve ball like that. He seriously thought they had become friends and started to be nice to eachother. He quickly muttered a whispered sorry and headed back to the seat. The rest of the class was hell. He couldnt help but look at Kyungsoo and hate the fact that he didn't meet Jongin's eyes. When the class ended Jongin quickly grabbed his stuff and bolted out of the door bumping into Baekhyun on the way out.
       "Hey woah Jongin whats the rush for? Dont you want to wait for Kyungsoo with me and then we could get some lunch together.
      "Sorry I cant. Kyungsoo doesn't want me around. Ill see you later though. Bye for now" Jongin ran off towards some other part of the campus before Kyungsoo could walk out . 

      Luhan stayed in bed all Sunday and called in sick today. He was still broken after seeing Sehun again and he fell in love with him all over again. Not many people who got punched in the face by their ex would say that. Luhan kept wanting to text and call Sehun but he never pressed the button. He was wallowing in misery because he knew Sehun didnt want to talk to him but he desperately wanted to talk to him. All night he relived his decision two years ago and it crushed him hard. He never forgot Sehun and he didnt want to. Luhan knew he was breaking his promise to Sehun but he had to do it for their love. He was going to write a letter but he ran out of time. His father was waiting outside their apartment with a stern look on his face. All he had time was to gather his things and leave. Luhan was utterly depressed for the first year after he left. He didnt dare respond to the millions of texts and calls Sehun left. As time went by he just simply watched the messages slowly disappear until there was no hint of existence from Sehun. Luhan cried all Sunday and refusing to even remove his blankets. It was already mid day and the sun bathed his bed in light, he groaned and sat up still heartbroken as ever. The swelling on his face went down from when Sehun punched him but it still hurt terribly. Luhan stared at the wall in front him. There were hundreds of photos of him and Sehun. From Polaroids and formal photos, from photo booth to crazy photos. All of his life was documented on that wall and he broke down every time he saw it. There were pictures from when they first met in college to when he walked away. Luhan played with the chain around his neck as he remembered Sehun's smile. He the pendant as he recalled Sehun's laugh. Luhan had this necklace on since the day he walked out. It held his most prized possession, a ring. More specifically, the ring he was going to give Sehun.