Ch 3

The Professor's Journalist

        Jongin walked into class on time today. Only because he couldn't sleep last night because all he could do was think about his professor. It was wrong to fancy your teacher but Jongin couldn't seem to understand that. Of course Sehun had figured out that he had a little crush on his professor and the entire day at work had been spent having Sehun laugh at him. Oh Sehun was a hotshot journalist just like himself. Both of them wrote about big stories and were the envy of everyone there. Shun decided to stop with school and just work his job as a journalist. Jongin on the other hand wanted to get his masters so he could teach or write books. Their other friend, Chanyeol, owned a music shop across the street and was dating this music professor. Both Jongin and Sehun didn't know much about Chanyeol’s boyfriend but he guessed it was better that way. Sehun didn't like talking much about his love life, not after his fiancee left him without so much as a “sorry”. Since then Sehun hasn't smiled or laughed much. All he did was work. Jongin didn't blame him in fact he felt a little sorry for the guy. If he ever saw Luhan again he promised himself he would punch him in the face.  

 

    The professor strolled in quietly with a cup of coffee in his hand. Jongin hated coffee, the smell made him gag. Jongin followed the professor’s movements with attentive eyes. He watched as the professor put his coffee down on the left of the podium and his books on the right. He saw how the professor took out each book one by one and opened them up to the marked pages. He also saw how Professor Do would bite his lip when he his deep in thought. Jongin quickly shook his head and took out his materials. From what he heard this class is one of the hardest classes in the whole school. Jongin, however, didn't care he just thought that the students were just over exaggerating and that they really hated English. 

    The class droned on and on slowly. Jongin already knew most of this stuff, with him being a journalist. However, it seemed as if the professor was ignoring him which irked Jongin. Did he offend him? When the lecture ended finally he stayed behind a bit. He wanted to personally introduce himself to the teacher because he believes that its good manners to do so. He approached the podium a little bit timidly. Why was he so scared of the man? Professor Do kept putting his books away and didn't even bother to look up at him. Jongin cleared his throat and stuck out his hand. 

    “Hi Im Kim Jongin, its a pleasure to meet you”  The professor just looked at his hand and then looked up at him. 

    “what do you think you are doing?” Jongin was a little thrown back because of the hostility but nonetheless tried again. 

    “Im introducing myself. Im Kim Jongin and I’m getting my Masters in writing.” 

    “Being all nice and acting like a pretty boy is not going to help you at all. So I suggest you stop with this before its too late”  

    “All I did was introduce myself there is no need to be hostile toward me” 

    “Im not being hostile. Im being real” 

With that Kyungsoo picked up his stuff and left. Leaving Jongin with his outstretched hand. 

 

    Kyungsoo met up with Baekhyun as he was walking out of the building. Kyungsoo could not believe the nerve of that boy. To think that he could up to the teacher. However, there was something that caught Kyungsoo off guard. The boy, Kim Jongin, was getting his masters. Which meant that this is his second time at school. The kid looked young for someone getting their masters. Maybe messing with him will be more fun than he thought. As this was all running through his head he failed to realize that there were steps and tripped down them. If Baekhyun hadn't caught him in time he would have face planted. 

    “hey woah there Soo. You almost fell; what is on your mind?” 

    “Thanks Baek and its just this new kid I have in my class” Baekhyun looked at him like he was crazy for a second before the slowest smile started to appear on his face. 

    “aww does my Soo have a crush on this kid” Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide like saucers. 

    “what no no NO! I don't have a crush on him. You're talking nonsense right now” To much of Kyungsoo’s dismay Baekhyun started smiling wider. Kyungsoo decided the safest bet would be to start towards the coffee shop. Baekhyun was behind him laughing and smiling at him like a mad man. It was only until they sat down did Baekhyun start to pry answers from him. 

    “what does this kid look like? Is he cute? Is he tall? Does he like the same things as you do?” Kyungsoo effectively slapped a hand over Baekhyun’s mouth to shut him up. He knew that if he didn't answer the question’s he would just getting the same annoying questions for the rest of his life. 

    “ I’ll answer your questions if you just shut up.” Baekhyun closed his mouth and nodded really fast, Kyungsoo was sure his head would fall off. So with a huge sigh he started.
    “He’s a freakin tan giant. He has brown hair thats parted down the middle. He always is smiling. Apparently he is actually working on his Master’s now. So the kid is not that much of kid, but he is still annoying” By the end of Kyungsoo’s rant Baekhyun was pulling a chesher cat grin and was bouncing in his chair. 

    “Soo he is so your type. You should really date him. I bet the two of you would look so cute together. I mean seriously it has been awhile since your last boyfriend” Kyungsoo really wanted to smack this guy. 

    “Baekhyun he’s YOUR type. He is not mine. Aren't you into tall annoying people?” That shut Baekhyun up. 

    “Look he is just another student in my class nothing more nothing less” With that he got up and left. 

    

    Baekhyun just sighed and took out his phone and texted a good friend of his. 

    

    To Lu: 

    Hey man I know your busy with your company and all but do you think we can meet up. I need help on how to get my friend to date this dude he totally likes 

 

Just as he shut off his phone a reply came 

 

    To Baek: 

    yes I’m free. lets meet at the park near the Ice Cream Parlor. 

 

Baekhyun smiled and returned his phone to his pocket and headed out. If there was one person who could help Kyungsoo with his love life it was Luhan.