Ch 1

The Professor's Journalist

 

     The weekend was officially over with the sound of an alarm clock blaring. Kyungsoo did not want to go to school all he wanted was to lay in bed with his blanket pulled over his head. He did want to make an effort to get out and show his face in the school. However, he knew he had to go. There was no way he was going to let himself be fired. So as slow as humanly possible Kyungsoo got out of bed and started getting ready. 

    He cursed his stupid self for deciding to hold morning classes. He made a mental note to not have any morning classes next semester. The walk to the University was eerie and quite; no one was out at this hour. The university on the other hand was littered with all sorts of students All ranging from their late 60s to their early 20s and they all seemed so awake. Again Kyungsoo cursed their very existence. Sure, don't get him wrong, Kyungsoo loves his job. He loves teaching. The students, well that was a different story. He hated all the students with a burning passion. Thus, getting him the nickname “Professor Satansoo”. Of course Kyungsoo knew about the nickname but he didn't care. He was a professor and he did not like the fact that students thought University was easy breezy. Kyungsoo made sure the students that walked through his door understood what University really is. As a English professor he criticized every piece of work his students gave in. The highest grade anyone made in his class was a B- and that was Kyungsoo being nice. So when he walked through the auditorium door he couldn't help but smirk at all these new kids. This was one of the last classes that these kids had to take before graduating so he loved tearing down their Egos and making them second guess themselves. He wasn't doing it because its fun but he does it because everyone that walks in thinks they are someone because they are almost done with University. Kyungsoo is just preparing them for the real world. 

    Kyungsoo scanned the audience. Some looked scared, he smirked at those, and others looked pompous. He slammed his books down earning a few gasps and scream from someone. All eyes were on him. He had their undivided attention. He pulled out his attendance sheet but as he was about to call the first name. The auditorium door slammed open. A tall disheveled man ran in while repeatedly saying “sorry, sorry” and the infamous “I slept in”. Kyungsoo just looked at him even after he settled down. 

    “name” He was looking at the roster waiting for a reply. No reply came. So he looked up and repeated, “name”. 

    “Kim Jongin” the kid looked startled and tripped over his words. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and took roll. 

 

 

    Why did Jongin listen to Sehun and Chanyeol. Why did he go out drinking with them. He started classes in the morning yet he still listened to them. He regretted every life choice that morning. Jongin was already late for class so he quickly put some clothes on and grabbed his books before bolting down the street. 

    It took him 10 minutes to find his class but he was already late so he decided to just run in and quickly sit down. He saw everyone’s eyes on him as he quickly muttered “sorry, Sorry” and of course the classic “I slept in” which caused some kids to snicker. Jongin picked a seat near the front and calmed down a little bit. As he was trying to calm his heartbeat he missed the teacher’s question. Until the professor looked at him with a slight glare and asked again.
    “name”

     Kim jongin has never been more flustered because the professor looked amazing. He had a short stature and black rimmed glasses that matched his thick onyx hair. Jongin scanned the teacher up and down and kept wondering how a man could be so beautiful. What snapped him out of his thoughts was the glare that was directed towards him. He quickly said “Kim Jongin” cursing himself for tripping over his words. This was his second time coming to school and he even is one of the best journalists in his company but this is the first time he tripped over his words. Jongin watched the professor roll his eyes, write something down quickly and go back to calling roll. For the rest of the class Jongin could not help but stare at the man in front.