Plan Maker Extraordinaire

There's Always Sunny Days

After class had finished and I was packing up, Taehyung came to my desk (he now often did that, and walked me to the front of the school). "So you have flowers today, huh?" he asked, examining the bouquet I had been gifted by my secret admirer.

"Nice of you to notice I exist, Tae," Sooyoung said sarcastically, before gathering her things and walking off. "See you tomorrow, Hannah!"

"See you, Sooyoung!" I called after her. She often left as soon as I came over. I didn't blame her. I'd never been in a relationship before, but I imagine breaking up hurts. 

Taehyung just rolled his eyes. "I know she exists, I was just excited about your flowers. Who gave them to you?"

"I'm not sure," I said, looking at him to see if he gave any indication at all that they were from him. "My secret admirer hasn't revealed himself yet." 

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe he's just shy. You shouldn't worry about him anyhow. You deserve a guy who will admit that he likes you right out in the open."

I blushed. "Some people aren't that confident, Tae. Not everyone is as handsome and outgoing as you are."

Taehyung refused to make eye contact with me. "...Well... thanks for that, I guess." He immediately changed the subject. "So, how are you feeling about our school work here? Is it hard compared to in Canada?" 

I went into the slightly boring topic of schoolwork in Korea versus in Canada with Taehyung as we walked out of the classroom and down the hall. The fact that Taehyung had gotten so uncomfortable when I complimented him... maybe he has a secret shy side that I knew nothing about? Could that mean that he really is the admirer? However, he had JUST dissed my admirer's tactics. I was so confused. 

"HANNAH!" a deep voice resounded as we made our way out of the building. 

"CHANYEOL!" I replied without even looking to see who it was. It coudl really only be one perosn, with that deep of a voice. Park Chanyeol bounded over, slinging his arm around me. "How was your day?"

Chanyeol immediately launched into an account of every part of his day. I admired him for being able to look so positively at what happens to him - it seemed that every afternoon he had some positive account, or something funny that happened that he wanted to share. That's the attitude that I would like to have towards life, I thought. 

Taehyung listened along to Chanyeol's story, too, and waved to us when we got to the front of the school. "See you both tomorrow!"

"Bye, Tae!" I replied, waving back and then heading towards the subway with Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol slung his arm around me casually. "So, since I showed you one of my favorite music artists, today you get to show me one of yours."

"Okay," I said. "What kind of music do you generally like?"

Chanyeol's face automatically lit up. "I love all sorts of music! I love acoustic music, I love rap and hip hop, I LOVE Girl's Generation... I really do like it all! And I love to play instruments myself, and writing my own songs."

"You write your own songs?" I asked. "That's so cool, actually."

Chanyeol turned a little red in the face and scratched behind his ear. "Yeah, music is kind of my passion, I guess."

"Awh, Yeol, that's so cute. You should show me some of your music some time, okay?" I nudged his side with my shoulder, since he was so tall. "Let's hang out some time and you can serenade me." 

"Of course," Chanyeol said, smiling. "I like that idea. Anyways, do you play any instruments?"

"I played clarinet back in Canada, I was in my school band," I told him. "I was kind of a nerd." 

Chanyeol stifled a laugh. "I can't imagine you being a band kid."

"Oh, imagine it," I told him. "I wasn't very cool then. Which shouldn't be a surprise, considering I'm still not cool, now." 

Chanyeol shook his head and lightly tapped his fist to my shoulder. "Don't say things like that Hannah. I think you're super cool. Why else would I hang out with you everyday if I didn't think so?" He cleared his throat. "So, what are you up to this weekend? We could hang out at my place, maybe I could play you my music? And then watch a movie, if you'd like, or something."

"I'm free-ish. I will let you know as soon as I figure out my plans," I told Chanyeol, remembering the conversation I had with Sooyoung. The last thing I would want to do is double book myself, especially when I only had two offers to hang out overall. That would just be poor planning. 

Chanyeol smiled. "Waiting for something better to come along?"

"No, no, of course not. I just kind of told Sooyoung I'd hang out with her some time this morning, but we didn't make any concrete plans." 

"You're a good friend," Chanyeol patted me on the back. "Just tell me when you figure out if you're hanging out with her this weekend. We can make plans around her, since she got there first."

"It's not a race," I admonished him slightly. 

Chanyeol side-eyed me. "Oh, but is it?"