Group Project

There's Always Sunny Days

When I walked into class the next day, I had maybe expected a present from my secret admirer. What I had not expected was Kim Taehyung, sitting on my desk and playing games on his phone. When he saw me approaching, he beamed at me. "Good morning!" he smiled.

I set my bag down by my desk, waiting for him to move. "Good morning, Tae."

"How is my beautiful flower?" Taehyung asked, patting my head. I leaned back slightly, wrinkling my nose.

"How can you be so happy in the mornings?" I responded, sucessfully dodging the rest of his pats. 

"Probably because he has to be as annoying as physically possible at all times of the day," Sooyoung said, putting her bag down at her desk as well. She had just entered the classroom without Taehyung or I even noticing. 

Taehyung stuck his tongue out and then went to his own desk, letting me sit down in my rightful throne. 

"So, when are we going to the noraebang?" I asked Sooyoung the next day. "Were you thinking this weekend specifically?"

Sooyoung shrugged. "I wasn't really thinking any specific time. Why?"

"Oh, Chanyeol asked me to hang out, but I didn't want to commit if I already had plans, you know?" I said, waving my hand. 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Hannah, did Chanyeol ask you out on a date~" A smile danced across her lips. 

I started shaking my head without even realizing I'd started. "No, no, that's not it. He was just going to show me his music, that's all."

"He didn't want to show you something else as well?" Sooyoung asked playfully, giggling slightly. "Like his p-"

"Okay, class!" The professor announced (thankfully) before she could finish that thought. "Today we are going to start our group projects. The material will be-"

As the professor rambled on about the contents of our assignment, I heard a "pst!" behind me. I turned around in an automatic response (even though that is the rudest way to get someone's attention! I should really stop paying mind to these things, but old habits die hard). I saw Taehyung trying to catch my eye. "Partners?" he asked.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes from beside me. I couldn't tell if it was because she wanted to be partners as well, or if she was just tired of Taehyung ignoring her. 

"Mr. Kim, I see what you're trying to do, but I'm afraid that this group project has assigned groups," our professor announced, coaxing a blush to appear on Taehyung's face. I made a sad face at him and turned my attention back to the front of the room. 

The professor then began to name the groups for the project. When she called Taehyung and Sooyoung's names together, I heard her give an audible sigh. I patted her shoulder to comfort her. 

"Hannah and Seokmin!" the teacher called.

Seokmin? 

I wasn't quite sure who this person was. I looked around the classroom, searching for someone who showed any signs of having such a name. Then I saw him: at the very front of the class, beaming back at me with the most enchanting smile I'd ever seen before. Oh boy, this was going to be an interesting project.