The Noraebang Promise

There's Always Sunny Days

Starting my second week of classes, I realized that class was going great. And with Taehyung, Sooyoung, and Chanyeol at my side, I was also making myself a good group of friends! Granted, none of them really talked to each other, and Sooyoung and Taehyung didn't really seem to get along well, but all in all I was having a pretty good time at my new highschool. 

My mother stayed curious about my days, so I told her about my assignments and a little bit of details about Chanyeol, Taehyung, aned Sooyoung. She constantly teased me whenever I said Taehyung or Chanyeol's names, because they were boys, and I, as a teenage girl, had to be attracted to one of them, according to her. My mom spent dinners listening to details about each of them to try to guess which one of them I was interested in. 

But shhonestly couldn't be more wrong, because the person I was truly interested in was my secret admirer.

Coming into school the next Monday, I approached my desk to find a singular rose with a card attached that said "I hoped you had a wonderful first week of school, Hannah! My week was more wonderful having you in it, xoxo". I read the card and turned bright red once my eyes skimmed accross the "xoxo". Hugs and kisses. Sure, I had gotten plenty of hugs from family members and friends back home, even some of whom were male. But I'd never been kissed before. The fact that my secret admirer was imagining kissing me made my heart flutter.

"Wow, I've never seen anyone turn this particular shade before," Sooyoung teased me from her desk as I sat down and put the flower in my bag. When I got home, I would have to put it in a vase in my room. It was a very lovely gift.

I blushed an even darker red than before now that she'd noticed. "The note was cute." I relayed to her what it had said. 

Sooyoung laughed. "Aw, that is very cute. And your reaction to it was just as cute. I hope your secret admirer was around to see it." 

That made me blush even harder, thinking that they could be looking. "Boy, I really want to know who it is!" I exclaimed, covering my hands with my cheeks to attempt to hide hopink they were. "These gifts are nice, but I'm not very patient."

"Patience is a virtue," Sooyoung told me, tsking at my excitement. "Besides, your admirer obviously likes you. Maybe they're nervous."

I nodded. That made sense. "But if he tells me who he is, then I can tell him I like him back."

"Maybe your admirer isn't so sure you'll like them back," Sooyoung suggested. "Maybe that's why they're being so discrete about it."

"Well," I said, tapping my pencil against my desk. "Whatever the case may be, I'm sure I'd be at least willing to give my admirer a chance. I'm a very open-minded person, and it'd be nice to have someone to spend time with and show me around Seoul. So no matter who he is or what he looks like, I wouldn't mind at least one date."

Sooyoung smiled at me. "But, why does the admirer need to show you around Seoul, when your deskmate has been here her whole life? I have lots of places I could take you, and also, a lot of free time."

"Really?" I exclaimed. "You'd be willing to take me around Seoul?"

"Of course!" Sooyoung said, putting her hand on my arm. "Hannah, I don't have very many friends, either. And I like spending time with you. That doesn't just have to be limited to class. Have you been to a noraebang yet?" 

"No," I said, but I knew from my Korean that it translated pretty directly into "song room". 

"It's karaoke," Sooyoung explained. "Can you sing at all?"

I shook my head. "I can't carry a tune for my life, Sooyoung."

Sooyoung chuckled. "Well, I can. And the worse you are at karaoke, the more fun it is anyways. I can laugh at your singing skills and you can laugh at my poor English pronunciation, deal?" 

"Deal," I smiled back. Now, in stead of being slightly intimidated by the hustle and bustle of Seoul, and afraid to go out by myself, I could have my first few test runs with Sooyoung and see if it was as intimidating as I thought it was. And judging by how enthusiastic she was to go with me, I could tell that we were going to have some serious fun. I was so happy to be making a good friend!