Catch Up

미치는 꼴 볼래 ~Crazily In Love~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You have to put all of it in there, Hoa!" BamBam whined as he tried to put all of the spam inside the pot of kimchi fried rice. "No, Bam we have to save the rest for the spam musubi." Katherine reminded him as she grabbed the rest of the sliced spam out of BamBam's hand. "Remember." "Oh yeah, sorry." The younger male giggled as he continued to stir the pot while looking over at Jasmine. "How's the pork belly coming along, Chau?" 'Great, BamBam!" Jasmine grinned as she continued to dipped the sliced pork belly into eight bowls filled with different marinating sauces. "I just hope they taste as good as the ones back in L.A." "Oh, you mean the one at 8 Korean BBQ?" Katherine asked distinctly remembered as Jasmine nodded her head. "Yup. That one. Ugh, the wine and the garlic one was sooo good. Especially when they have a slightly crispy and burnt taste to it." "Mmhmm. I agree."

BamBam glared at them. "You guys went to L.A. without me? When?" "Uh, I think back in April. Yeah, it was in April when Kat, Mel, Rena, and I flew over there for a vacation getaway." Jasmine answered while dipping a pork belly into red pepper paste. "And you didn't bother to invite me?" BamBam asked offended with a pout. "Rude." "You'll live." "Hmph." "We can go there during Christmas." Katherine offered as BamBam brightened up. "Cool. Just don't forget to actually remind me." "Uh-huh." "Seriously don't. I might forget." "What else is new?" Jasmine and Katherine burst into laughter as BamBam mockingly laughed along with them. "Oh, ha, ha." He frowned. "Not." He turned off the stove and moved the large pot over to cool down. "What else do we need to cook?"

"Help me with the musubi for now." Katherine ordered the younger male as BamBam helped Katherine cooked the spam while the female went to check on the rice. "All done." Jasmine announced once she had marinated all of the pork belly and placed them inside the fridge before cutting up the lettuce and perilla leaves to accompanied the meat. "Oh, we have to make kimchi jjigae!" BamBam announced happily once he was done cooking the spam. "My mom would be so proud of me." "I'm pretty sure she is since you opened your own restaurant in Seoul." Jasmine complimented the male. "It was doing pretty well, until you know who you let take over and what not." "Yes, I know, Chau. You don't have to remind me." BamBam let out a bit annoyed as he gathered all the ingredients for the kimchi stew. "When everything gets sorted out, he'll be gone as soon as possible."

"He better be!" Katherine retorted while shooting BamBam a sharp look. "We didn't do all this sorting out and closing for nothing." She let out a sigh. "That would have just been a waste of time." "Yeah, yeah, I know, Hoa, I know. Please, don't remind me." "Kay." "Anyways, so it's just us, Khun, Rena, and Mel, yeah?" Jasmine asked in confirmation while putting the veggies away. "Uh, yeah." BamBam answered a bit awkwardly. "Who else would I invite?" "No one asked if you did." The male froze as the twin sisters turned to face their friend. "Who did you invite?" Katherine asked as BamBam began laughing nervously. "Hahaha, whaaaa? What makes you think that?" "Because it wouldn't be the first time, Bam." "I was drunk those two times. I swear. It won't happened a third time." "Well, I just hope it's just us five because I only prepped enough for that many, basically myself." Jasmine chuckled.

~~~~~~~

Melanie thought it was going to be super awkward translating the document with Mark and her in the conference room with just the two of them, but she breezed right through it as she didn't really pay much attention to her boss and got her work done. On the other hand, Mark was distracted by the presence of Melanie being so close by that he barely translated the first few pages and kept on writing the characters incorrectly. So he was surprised to see his subordinate slide the papers within his view about two hours later. "There you go, Mr. Tuan." Melanie smiled at him while standing up. "The wordings may be a bit different from language to language, but the main message and descriptions are still being conveyed overall." She pushed in her chair as Mark reviewed her work in silent. "Is there's anything else you would like to me do, Mr. Tuan?"

Mark couldn't find anything wrong with the translations, mainly because he couldn't read Thai, and so he had nothing else to hold Melanie there without making up another excuse, but nothing came to mind for him to do so. He shook his head a few seconds later and Melanie took that as her cue to leave. "Okay, well, have a great rest of the day, Mr. Tuan." Melanie bid him goodbye as she left the conference room, but not without casting him one last smile. Mark placed the papers back onto the table, propped an elbow on the hard surface, and blew air in dissatisfaction while placing his chin into his open left palm. "I forget that she's actually a good worker." He chuckled wryly while returning his own eyes to his own translations that was no where near done and let out a deep sigh. "Well, that was definitely a total fail."

~~~~~~~

Jaebum peeked through his blinds for the nth time since giving Serena the document to review and was wondering when she was going to check in with him about it. For the past two hours his subordinate had asked no further questions, nor had bothered him with anything regarding the file. He let out a frustrated sigh as he began pacing in front of his desk once again while thoughts of the female ran around his mind continuously. It was clear she was distracting him more than usual since she started working for him, but the male wasn't sure how to handle the situation without coming off as some crazy boss of sorts. Serena may even think he was some sort of obsessive freak and would probably order a restraining on him and quit the next day. Jaebum didn't want that to happened. He had had enough drama and didn't want to add any more to it.

Letting out a few controlled breaths, Jaebum mustered up the courage to check in with his subordinate to see how it was going. He opened the office door and coolly made his way to Serena's desk only to see Youngjae playing Overwatch instead. The smile that graced his lips a few seconds immediately turned into a frown. "Where's Miss Lim, Youngjae?" "Wahahaha." Youngjae freaked upon hearing his boss' voice while turning around to face Jaebum with an apologetic look. "She just told me sit in for her without explaining anything." Jaebum's jaw jutted out in annoyance as he rubbed his forehead to ease the irritation that was beginning to form. "How long ago was that?" "Uh, I think it was about an hour ago." Youngjae answered resuming back to his usual demeanor. "How did I not see her leave when I've been staring from my office for the past two hours?" Jaebum muttered to himself.

Youngjae shot his boss a weird look, but dismissed it when he remembered something. "Oh, Yeon noona told me to give you this." Youngjae handed a folder over to Jaebum as the older male took it while giving the younger male a look. "Did she say what it was for?" Youngjae shrugged his shoulders with a vague look. "She just told me to give it to you." Jaebum rolled his eyes, but opened the file to see that it was the revision that he had asked Serena to do for him. "It's all done and she didn't even tell me that she completed it." Jaebum muttered to himself as Youngjae cast his friend a weird look. "Are you okay?" "No. No I am not. Return back to your desk and leave Miss Lim's." "But she said I could play Overwatch on her computer." "Aish, do what you want. Just don't bother me." "I wasn't going to." "What?" "Nothing." Jaebum entered his office again while Youngjae continued his game.

~~~~~~~

"You can't let the meat burn." BamBam complained as he took the tongs out of Katherine's hands to flip the pork belly over. "I'm not letting it burn, I'm just making it crispy." Katherine countered while taking back the tongs from the younger male. "You just sit your down and continue to drink soju." "You're so up-tight. You need a boyfriend." BamBam stated as he sat back down beside Melanie and Jasmine with the latter shoving a shot of soju in his direction. "BamBam, just shut up and drink." "But it's true! She needs to get laid or something." "Oh shut up, Bam." Katherine rolled her eyes. "I'm not even looking. I'm focusing on other things right now." "Should be focusing on getting a boyfriend." BamBam continued as he also pointed at the other three females in his slightly tipsy state. "All of you need to get a boyfriend."

"Then you should help me find one." Melanie elbowed the younger male after eating a piece of wine pork belly. "I told you that already." "But I did, p'Nalin." BamBam turned to face her as Melanie shot him a look. "When?" Before BamBam could reply back, Serena intervened. "You should stop drinking, BamBam, and eat more. Sober up." "I am sober." The younger male stated with confidence as he smiled in Serena's direction. "I'm just having fun, p'Chalida. Y'know, fun, right?" "I do, I just don't want to deal w

Please log in to read the full chapter