Lunch Date

미치는 꼴 볼래 ~Crazily In Love~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yum yum yum." Eunyoo munched on her macaroni and cheese while Serena typed away on her keyboard with a smile, glancing at the toddler every few seconds to make sure the child wasn't making too much of a mess whist sitting atop Serena's work desk. The woman then noticed the child started playing with her food and knew she was done eating. "Alright, Eunyoo, no more." Serena stopped what she was doing as she began to put away the food before grabbing a wet wipe to wipe Eunyoo's hands and mouth. "There we go." Serena smiled as the child giggled after being cleaned up. "Hehe, what are you giggling about, huh?" Serena chuckled as she tickled the little girl's stomach which caused Eunyoo to erupt with more giggles. "You're so cute, YooYoo." The little girl just continued to giggle some more in response.

A cough interrupted the duo's moment as Serena looked up to see her boss standing to her right with a file in hand. "Yes, Mr. Im?" "My lunch still hasn't arrived and I also need you to re-write the contents within in this file that the last secretary was unable to comprehend." He informed her while setting the file on the desk away from the toddler. Serena glanced at the clock on her desk and noticed that lunch break was in three minutes. "Hmm, about that," Serena began with a nervous laugh, "I totally forgot about ordering you your lunch." Jaebum just stared at her which Serena avoided eye-contact as she searched through Eunyoo's bag. "But, um, here is a turkey sandwich that I was going to eat, but you can have it instead?" She offered the food item to the male who just glanced at sandwich and the woman back and forth. "Or not."

"Mine. Mine." Eunyoo announced as she tried to reach for the sandwich with a grabbing hand motion. "Oh, no, no, Eunyoo. You already ate your mac 'n cheese. This isn't yours." Serena told the child as she set the sandwich off to the side and away from the little girl. "But no." Eunyoo made a face and before Serena could decipher it, Eunyoo began to cry. "Nooooo." "Oh, YooYoo, honey, don't cry. Aww." Serena comforted the child as she lifted the toddler into her arms while standing up to rock the child to quiet her down and forgetting about her boss momentarily. Jaebum didn't want to be involved, so he just took the dumb sandwich and went back into his office until it quiet down before making Serena order him his meal later.

Serena glanced at Jaebum's office door when she heard it shut a moment later. She then averted her eyes to her desk and saw that the sandwich was gone. A wry smile graced her lips. "Hmm, I guess that should suffice him for now." She got Eunyoo to calm down, but continued to gently rock her back and forth while answering her phone with the other hand and spoke in Japanese. "Hey, what's up Mina-chan?" She greeted the caller and smiled instantly upon hearing that the younger woman would make her famous dish for the older woman. "Ah, yes, please! I love your omukoro! Two orders please with extra, and I do mean extra extra, korokke." Serena then glanced at the office behind her. "Make it three omukoro, but no extra korokke for the third one. Oh and please put the ketchup on the side. I know how crazy you get with the ketchup. Alright, thank you! See you soon, Mina-chan."

The woman laughed to herself after hanging up with Mina. "Alright, now you, little one." Serena said to the sleeping Eunyoo as she laid out the blanket that Sunye had packed over her desk chair and placed the child gently into it. The woman than used Eunyoo's scarf as a pillow and her own jacket as a blanket so that the toddler could be very comfortable whilst asleep. "Now sleep long enough for me to finish the work I need to get done and to also eat my meal without sharing it." Serena laughed softly after her little joke and then turned towards her desk and frown. "Shiet, now I don't have a chair to sit in. Oh well, I'll live." The female shrugged as she checked on Eunyoo one more time before getting back to work soon after.

Jaebum watched the whole ordeal from behind the blinds of his office at first being scared that he had got caught staring, but realized he didn't and continued to angrily munch on the turkey sandwich. He scoffed even when he saw Serena sitting on her knees as she went back to typing on her computer. "Why doesn't she just ask for another chair?" He muttered as he finished the sandwich in four large bites while continuing to observe his secretary. His jaw tightened when he noticed his ex-secretary, Kim Dahyun, approaching Serena all innocent like. As much as he wanted to go out there to tell the young woman to leave because there was a reason for her job dismissal a week ago, but he didn't want to face the young woman again after what she had put him through out of her own delusions.

"Um, excuse me. Is Mr. Im in?" Dahyun asked as Serena glanced at the younger woman in front of her. "And may I ask who you are?" Serena answered with a question instead as she stood up to observe the other female better. "I'm his fri-girlfr-fiancee, Kim Dahyun." Dahyun answered with a sweet smile, but Serena didn't miss the double slip-up. "Let me see if Mr. Im is in first." Serena reached for her phone and dialed Jaebum's office number to which he instantly picked up. Before Serena could inform him, Jaebum spoke first. "Send her away. Now." Serena pretended that Jaebum hadn't picked up as she looked up at the female while on the phone. "It's still ringing." She hung up a second later. "I'm afraid he's not in right now, Miss Kim. Would you like to leave a message?" Serena pulled a notepad towards her with pen ready in hand, but Dahyun's smile turned into a frown.

"I'm not stupid. I saw his car in the parking garage. I know he's in." Dahyun stated as she tried to make her way around Serena's desk, but Serena abruptly stood up right and blocked the younger woman's path. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but he's really not in. I can't allow you to enter as you please." Serena began to tell her as she tried to think of more. "He went to have lunch with a client and took the company vehicle." Dahyun then looked at Serena suspiciously. "You just had to check if he was in first, and now you're saying he's on a lunch date. Which one is it?" Serena smiled calmly at the woman as the answer readily formed in her head to easily say out loud. "I wasn't sure if he was in or not before he left for his lunch meeting because I was taking care of my niece at the time." The older woman motioned at the sleeping child on the chair where Dahyun looked over to Eunyoo and then backed and then backed again at Serena. "So? Why should I care about that?"

Serena scoffed refraining herself from rolling her eyes before answering. "Because you wanted to know how I knew that Mr. Im wasn't in right now, that's why." Dahyun was about to reply, but she knew that the older woman was right and closed while backing away to stand in front of Serena's desk again. Serena let out a silent breath and was about to ask if Dahyun needed anything else when her desk phone rang. "Excuse me." She reached over to pick up the call while standing her guard just in case the younger woman tried to get pass her again. "Hello, Lim Yeon of JJ Enterprises, how may I help you?" She answered while keeping her gaze steady on Dahyun. "Ah yes, that is correct. Please send her up to the seventh floor, Miss Ahn. Thank you!" She hung up and cast Dahyun a smile. "Now, if there's nothing else, Miss Kim, I have lunch coming up for me in a couple of minutes and I would like to enjoy it peacefully."

Dahyun's face twitch at being talked to, but didn't want to start something with the older woman. "No thank you. I'll just call Mr. Im-my fiance later that I stopped by." "Mmhmm. I'll let him know as well." Serena feigned a pleasant smile also noting the slip-up once again. "Please do." Dahyun shot Serena a curt smile before turning on her heels and rudely brushing pass the delivery girl without apologizing. "That was rude." The delivery girl commented in Japanese with a shake of her head as she set the food case on Serena's desk while still speaking in Japanese. "But your food is stll intact, nee-chan." "Thanks, Mina." Serena smiled at the younger girl while also using Japanese. "Why were you at Double B? Surin and Sumin texted me that it was closed."

Mina smiled at Serena with an embarrassed smile as she removed the dishes from the container and placed them onto Serena's desk. "I forgot I had to make food for my dance class today, and then I thought of you guys. But here's yours and I gotta deliver the rest before they get cold." "Well, thanks a lot, Mina, and major good luck with your dance class. Your food is great." Serena complimented the younger woman as Mina grinned at her. "Hehe, thank you, Rena nee-chan and byebye." "Byebye, Mi-tan." The two bid farewell as Serena sat back onto her knees and was about to savored the taste of one korokke when it was yanked from her grip. "Whaaaa..." She let out in surprised as she followed to it had been taken from her boss.

"What is this?" Jaebum asked while observing the fried-looking patty. "A korokke. Can I have it back?" "No." And Jaebum bit into the flaky item and was amazed by its delicious taste. "Wow." The male stuffed the rest into his mouth before grabbing the plate of the others korokke off her desk. "Wait, those are mine." Serena stood up to try and take back the plate, but Jaebum moved it out of her reach. "I still haven't had lunch yet." Jaebum replied as he bit into his second korokke as Serena gave him a look. "You took the turkey sandwich." "So? You don't know if I ate it." "There's mayonnaise on your face." She pointed to the left side of his face near his mouth and Jaebum hastily wiped it away. "So?

Please log in to read the full chapter