Date Night

미치는 꼴 볼래 ~Crazily In Love~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Finally!" Serena exclaimed as she hit the print button. "Took me another three hours or so than he wanted, but nevertheless it's all done now." She continued to talk to herself happily while gathering all the pages to put into a folder. "Okay, now to give it to him and then off for my fifteen minutes break which I forgot to take." Serena got up from her desk and headed towards Jaebum's door and knocked softly before entering after hearing a firm, 'come in'. "Hello Mr. Im." Serena greeted him with a smile. "I finished the report." She offered the folder towards the male who briefly glanced up at her and back down to the document in front of him. "I asked for the report three hours and thirteen minutes ago." Serena's smile faltered, but she tried to keep it in place.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that and I apologize for not fulfilling it sooner. I'll make sure to double check the time next time." She told him although she wanted to explain it was mainly because she had to reply back to all of the e-mails regarding a reschedule and taking messages as well. Jaebum didn't say anything as he still raised his hand for her to place the report into his grasp. Serena swiftly did so and was about to bid him a goodbye when he stopped her. "One moment, Miss Lim." Serena groaned inwardly, but plaster a smile onto her face. "Yes, Mr. Im?" "Deliver these to a Miss Park Yeeun in Accounting please." Jaebum finished signing the last page of the document, closed it, and handed the file over to Serena with a smile. "Thank you." "Welcome, sir."

Serena hurried out of the office so that she could deliver the file and get on with her break. After doing that, she was in the break room messaging her friends about some dumb thing they had set up for her. She tried to get herself out of it by telling them that she didn't need a man and that she has been doing pretty well for herself since her last boyfriend. Which was about four years ago. With her two friends who were also sisters, finally got Serena to agree with this dumb blind date of theirs. She re-read the text message with the time and place of the date later this evening and let out a sigh wondering if this was a good idea or not. Knowing them, the date shouldn't be that bad as they themselves were already married with their own family.

"Oh well, no harm, right?" The female muttered to herself and returned back to her desk to find out that Jaebum had placed the report back onto her desk already. She tilted her head in confusion as she opened the folder and saw a note inside with a simple message written on it, 'nicely done". "Well, that's good." She told herself before slightly jerking up in surprised upon hearing her boss speaking from behind her. Serena turned to face the male who had a hint of amusement in his expression, but didn't say anything about what had happened just a second ago. "You're report was very thorough and well summarized. Not bad, Miss Lim." He complimented her before speaking again. "Now returned those files back to storage."

Jaebum dismissed her with her second task before walking back towards his office. Serena made a face as she stared at the stack of files of which she had just gone through hours ago. "Ugh. So lame." She groaned as she then let out a slow breath while reminding herself that this wasn't a temporary job and that a replacement was still in the works. "Okay, you got this. For the time being, Serena, it up." She psyched herself in English. "And beat up BamBam later." She grinned as she picked up half of the stack and was about to walk in some random direction when she realized that she had no clue in where the files were supposed to store in the first place. "Shiet. Did he mentioned that when he gave me a tour? Fcukkkk."

"Yeon, are you okay?" Jackson asked from beside her a few minutes later and Serena turned her attention towards the male. "Oh hey, Jackson." She greeted him warmly and then smiled. "I'm okay now. Do you think you could tell me where these files go?" She indicated with her head at the stack on her desk. "Mr. Im wanted me to returned them to storage, but I don't remember if he ever mentioned the exact location." Jackson grinned at her. "How about I show you instead?" "Oh, that would be great!" "Let me help you, too." "Yeah, that would be awesome, too. Thank you!" "No problem. That's what co-workers are for, right?" "Yeah, I guess so." The two smiled at one another as Serena followed after Jackson not aware that Jaebum was watching them.

~~~~~~~

"What should I wear?" Melanie groaned as she sifted through her wardrobe for something to wear tonight. "Why am I'm stressing about this? It's not even a real date." Melanie reminded herself although she frown. "But I don't want to go looking like a hobo either." She grabbed several items of clothing and held them against herself while standing in front of the full-length mirror. "This shouldn't matter anyways. Maybe I should make Jinyoung suffer and not go." She smiled at the thought before her lips formed into a straight line. "But I can't have him go telling Mark though." She threw the items onto her bed before grabbing more from her closet to try out. "Jinyoung owes me steak for a month. No. A year." She muttered before settling on a simple outfit.

Melanie arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later than the mentioned time. She noticed Jinyoung looking quite nervous as she crept up from behind him. She tapped his shoulder to which he jerked upon the touch. "Ah, Won noona." He let out relieved as he stood up to hug her. "You're here." "Of course." She smirked at him. "You owe me steak now." "I will once this is done." He agreed with that charming smile of his before pulling out her chair. "Where's your date?" Melanie asked once they were both settled as Jinyoung shrugged. "No idea. She's late." "Maybe she bailed?" "Yeah right. Every date my sisters have set up, none of them has ever been late until now." "Maybe she saw your face and ran away." Melanie joked as Jinyoung glared at her. "Kidding."

The female scouted the place before returning her gaze unto the male. "Are you sure this is the right place?" "Yes." "Maybe the time is wrong?" "Nope." "Maybe you finally lucked out." "Maybe." Melanie looked at Jinyoung. "Are you sad that she didn't show up?" "No." "Hmm, seems like you are." "Am not." Jinyoung disagreed with a frown. "It's just unexpected." "That's for sure." She looked about once more before standing up. "Until then, I'm going to use the toilet. I'll be back." "Don't fall in." Jinyoung teased as Melanie rolled her eyes. "Maybe I won't return and you enjoy this blind date of yours." "I mean come back safely." The male let out a short laugh as Melanie smiled at him. "We'll see." "Please, noona." "Yeah, yeah."

Melanie left the table leaving Jinyoung alone. A few minutes later, another female voice spoke. "I'm so sorry for being late. My boss kept me back a bit longer." She apologized while taking a seat across from Jinyoung. "Park Jinyoung, yes?" Jinyoung lifted his eyes from the menu to stare at the woman across from him. Only one thing crossed his mind. "Won noona?" Serena shot the male a confused look and let out an awkward cough. "Um, no. My name is Lim Yeon." She tilted her head. "Do you know someone name Lee Won?" Jinyoung nodded his head slowly as he carefully analyzed the woman who strongly resembled his co-worker. "Awkward." He heard her muttered and snapped back to his senses. "Are you my blind date?" He asked her finally. "Yeah."

Just as Jinyoung was going to ask Serena another question, Melanie returned and stopped in her tracks upon seeing her older sister sitting with her co-worker. "Serena?" Serena stared up at her sister. "Melanie?" She then looked between her little sister and the male. "Wow, this is awkward." Serena then pointed at the pair. "Am I interrupting something?" "No. No." Melanie answered as she sat down and then pointed at her sister. "Are you his blind date?" "Yeah, but why are you here?" Before Melanie could reply, Jinyoung interrupted the two as he couldn't follow their conversation as they were speaking in English. "Could you two speak in Korean, please?" He asked with a sweet smile. "I'm not fluent in English." "Oh, sorry." The sisters apologized in unison.

Jinyoung looked from one sister to the other and asked the two if they were actually sisters. They both replied with a 'no' with a straight face and Jinyoung wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not. He didn't probe further when the pair offered nothing else. He let out a nervous chuckle. "So, um..." The male trailed off as he wasn't sure what to say now. Serena then looked at the male with a smile. "Um, let's just say that the blind date just didn't work out, yeah?" Serena informed him and spoke again when she saw the confusion on his face. "Oh wait, I didn't mean it like that. It's not you or anything, I just wasn't up for this blind date in the first place. Jinhee and Jinae set me up and what not and those friends of mine are very persistent."

"You know my sisters?" Jinyoung asked in surprised upon hearing his sisters' names. "They set you up with me?" While they were conversing with one another, Melanie's attention scanned the area and she happened to catch the eye of a familiar person. Her eyes went wide and she hid her face with the menu. Serena caught the action, but didn't say anything as her eyes briefly followed where her little sister was looking earlier. It was a male, and the male's gaze was still on Melanie with a hard-to-read expression. "Anyone ready to order?" Melani

Please log in to read the full chapter