Extra Cash

미치는 꼴 볼래 ~Crazily In Love~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'm late. I'm late. I'm so fckn hella late." Serena chanted under her breath in a huff as she sped walk through the underground parking lot towards the elevators once she was dropped off by her sister. "It's my first day on the job and I'm already late. Ugh. Fcuk my life." She continued to mutter to herself in slight frustration as her only focus was to get to the elevators. "No, fcuk Melanie's life for making me late." She corrected with a grumble as she quicken her steps into a light jog. "Wait, scratched that, fcuk BamBam's life." Serena corrected accurately as he was the one that had made her late this morning by telling her that she started her new job today instead of Monday. "Still though it's a job for extra cash, but fcuk, I'm gonna be late though."

Serena was so tunneled vision of her thoughts of being late and her sole focus on heading to the elevators, Serena didn't notice the car coming up slamming on its breaks immediately upon seeing her after she passed one of the parking rows. In her hasty state, Serena momentarily stopped in her tracks to stomp the front bumper of the car out of annoyance, "Watch we're you're going, Stupid Head", she spat with disgust while she shook her head before jogging off again in a more hurried pace. The person inside the car raised an eyebrow with a disapproving shake of his head. "People these days." He commented with a sigh before telling his driver to carry on before the woman had popped out of no where.

Upon entering the elevator and hitting the button for the lobby, Serena let out a breath of relief upon noticing she had a few minutes to spare when she checked her mobile device and forgot that she usually set her alarm ten minutes ahead. Smoothing her clothing before walking out of the elevators, Serena headed towards the receptionist's desk. "Hello," Serena greeted the woman, "Sohee", upon reading her name tag. "I'm Lim Yeon and I start today." Serena flashed the woman her I.D. badge as Sohee looked up at Serena surprised. "Lim Yeon, you say?" "Yes, Lim Yeon." Serena nodded her head in confirmation although she knew she should have expected this. "One moment, please." Sohee told her as she typed something into her computer. "Sure."

"Alright, Miss... Lim," Sohee began a bit hesitantly, but flashed Serena a friendly smile as she handed Serena a file. "Everything for you is within this file and if you head on to the seventh floor, Mr. Im will inform you about your position as I have already notified him." "Great. Thank you, Sohee." Serena thanked the woman with a smile before taking the file and bidding her a good day while making her way back to the elevators. "BamBam better have not set me up with some workaholic boss or something or I'll strangle that kid." Serena muttered just as the elevators' doors opened to the seventh floor revealing another person already waiting for her on the other side. "Hi. I'm Lim Yeon." Serena greeted him with a ready smile. "You must be Mr. I-" "Stupid Head." FML.

~~~~~~~

Melanie rode the elevators to the top floor of the apartment complex while letting out an easy breath every now and then as thoughts swam around her head. "I got this. Yeah, I totally got this." Melanie psyched herself up as she got out of the elevator and began to head towards her destination. "It's not a big deal. It's just watching someone else's kids for a few hours for just three days out of the week." Melanie told herself as she let out a small chuckle. "Funny how I would watch someone else's kids instead of my own niece back home because I'm actually getting paid to do so." She laughed at the realization just as she stood in front of the designated door and pressed a button after a few seconds.

"Hello?" A woman's voice answered from the other end in English. "How may I help you?" "Um, hi." Melanie answered slowly also speaking in English. "I'm Melanie. I spoke with someone the other day about th-" The woman interrupted her in a friendly voice. "Oh yes, yes. I remember now. Wait one moment please." And then Melanie heard shuffling from the other side of the door before it opened to revealed a woman in her early thirties who greeted Melanie warmly. "Hi Melanie. I'm Tammy. Come on in." The older woman invited the younger woman inside her home as Melanie entered with smiles while Tammy explained all the details about the position and the do's and don't's. Melanie listened intently as she mentally made note of all that the woman had said.

After several minutes of showing Melanie around her new working place and explaining the overall process of what she expected, Tammy turned to face Melanie with a smile. "So any questions, Melanie?" Melanie shook her head. "Nope. I don't think so, Tammy, but I'll let you know if any comes to mind." "Awesome." Tammy grabbed a piece of paper along with a white envelope and handed it to Melanie. "Here are the important contact numbers along with the code to get in as well. I also made a to-do list and gave you the money for any of the items on the list. If you need more or anything else to accommodate you, please don't hesitate to ask." Tammy offered another smile as Melanie ree of her own. "Got it, and will let you know if I need anything." "Good."

Tammy then looked at the clock on the wall remembering other details. "Since the girls attend school for only half a day from Wednesday through Friday, they should get out at around twelve and I'll notify the school that you'll be picking them up from now on. Also, RC and I usually get out of work at around six, so we won't be home until then or a bit after. If not, please give us a call or vice versa." Melanie nodded her head in comprehension. "Okay." "Thank you so much for taking on this sitter job for me." Tammy thanked Melanie while taking her hand in hers. "It means a lot since our last sitter had to be let go due to personal issues, but BamBam highly recommended you and it was perfect timing due to mine and my husband's work schedules."

"It's no problem, Tammy. Glad to be of help and make some extra cash, too, while I'm at it." Melanie reassured the older woman while giving her hand a squeeze. "Yes, most definitely. RC and I are still getting the gist of the Korean language, but Kylie and Leila are catching on a lot quicker than we are." "Haha, yeah, most kids are like that." "Anyways, I'll let you get on with that list as I head off to work now that I got you all caught up." "Heh, yeah. Okay. I'll see you at around six and will keep you updated about your daughters when they get out of school, Tammy." "Thank you, Melanie. Once again, do let me know." "Will do." "Thank you and see you later." "See you." Both women bid one another goodbye as Melanie left first to run errands as Tammy got ready for work.

~~~~~~~

Serena followed her new boss, Jaebum, around the office as he introduced her to the rest of the staff, explained the office procedures, and what her duties were as she would be working directly under him. Much to her dismay after learning he was the person inside the car that she had impulsively kicked at this morning, as well as calling him a stupid head to which he obviously had heard her say. After that awkward moment, Jaebum immediately went out business and Serena followed suit trying to take mental notes as to not make any further bad impressions then she already had. When they rounded back to where his office was located, Jaebum showed Serena her desk which was stationed right in front and outside his office.

Serena had to hold in her displeasure when she found out that she was actually his personal secretary instead of a regular worker. She mentally told herself to kick BamBam later when she actually sees him later for misinforming her about the job position. So lost in her own thoughts like always, Serena didn't notice that Jaebum had called her names a few times. When she still hadn't respond after three times he had called her name he looked at her to which she felt dark eyes upon her. Glancing at the male, Serena snapped back to reality. "Yes?" "When I call your name, Miss Lim, I expect you to respond right away. Understand?" Jaebum informed her with a serious face as Serena nodded slowly while scolding herself in her head. "Uh, yes sir, Mr. Im sir."

Jaebum stared at her for a few seconds longer before looking away as he spoke again right after. "Well, since BamBam put in a good word for you, Miss Lim, and highly recommended you for the job, I trust his judgment about work ethics. Not so much about anything else, but it saved me the time and effort to sort through other potential candidates for the position." He faced her again with his dark orbs boring into hers. "I expect that I didn't make the wrong decision in listening to him." Serena shook her head with a small smile. "I'll try my best to not fail you, sir." "I'll make sure that you won't, Miss Lim." Jaebum stated as he returned the smile, but Serena felt that it gave her a different message than the one he had just spoken. "Yes, sir."

"Now," Jaebum began as he turned to look at her desk where two large stacks of what looked to be about more than thirty files which were quite thick as well were sitting atop of it, "I would like for you to go through all of these and sort it out accordingly as the last secretary was unable to do her job accurately." He then glanced at Serena with a nonchalant expression. "Once you're done with that, I want you to give me a report based on the information within the contents." Serena nodded her head in comprehension as Jaebum's lips quirked up slightly. "I would like the report done by lunch time and for you to order lunch for me as well." He glanced at his watch before returning his gaze unto the female. "Which is in three hours and forty-four minutes."

Serena's face almost falter, but she kept her smile in place as she nodded her head while whining silently. "I'll get on it, Mr. Im." Jaebum nodded his head indifferently "Great." He looked away and then back at the female. "Hold any calls as I have other things to take care of. If there are any visitors, turn them away. I do not want to be disturb until lunch time. Also, postponed today's meetings and reschedule them." Before Serena could ask about how to do that on the computer as he mentioned everything was done on this online software that kept all the data and what not, Jaebum had already walked away and into his office with a soft slam. Serena let out a huff. "Great. Thanks, Stupid Head." Serena looked at the tiles and let out a sigh. "Remember the moolah." 

Please log in to read the full chapter