An unexpected happening.

When will I be as good as him?

It was a hopeless situation, and Key knew it was all his fault. 'Ugh, me and my stupid bluntness, why can't I just keep my mouth shut for once?!', the rapper thought to himself as he walked up and down the hall of the dorm, arms folded across his chest and his face scrunched up in thought. He was aware of the fact that he had hurt the leader deep. His choice of words was never - or rarely - the best, Key knew that very well and wished he was different in that point. At least towards people he cared for, such as Onew. The blonde male lifted his hands to bury his face in his palms, dropping down on his knees with a long sigh in frustration. He felt egoistic and selfish for treating his leader like that, for being so harsh like that after Onew took the courage to confess to Key. Key knew it was a big and difficult step for Onew. The awkward leader had never confessed to anyone; he avoided the topic love completely and prefered to focus on being a good friend to everyone. And he was indeed a very good friend. Having his heart broken, he didn't deserve it, especially by one of his bandmates and closest friends. Key felt like the biggest douche of the world and for once he didn't know what to do. He kissed Onew and told him he did it because his rambling annoyed him. How stupid could he be? Key emitted another sigh and dropped his hands on his knees, eyes glancing at the woodened floor.

"You should go and find him." Key looked up from the floor as soon as he heard a deep voice behind him, turning a bit just to see Minho standing behind him, who obviously noticed everything that happened although he prefered to stay quiet the whole time.

"But... I don't know where he went to...", the diva stated with a weak pout on his plump lips.

"I'm pretty sure he went to the lake again. His usual place to escape." Minho could only shrug, giving Key's hair a gentle ruffle before making his way back into the living room to continue watching a soccer match. Key groaned annoyed. He hated having his hair being touched, let alone get ruffled. But his hair was probably his smallest worry at the moment. Minho was probably right. He had to find Onew and apologize for his douchey behavior. Key knew it was Onew's first time liking someone romantically and also his first time getting his heart broken. What he didn't know was how Onew would react to this heartbreak, and this was what got Key scared. He cared for the chicken lover, he cared for him a lot. Perhaps more than he knew himself.

Not wanting to miss any minute, Key got himself up from the floor, rushing to get dressed in a pair of converse All Stars shoes and a blue coat along with a matching scarf to protect himself from the cold. He didn't feel like going outside. Key disliked the cold and the sky looked like it was going to snow any moment. Before he could open the front door to leave the dorm, a pair of hands rested on his shoulders, hearing a familiar voice giving a soft sigh. Key turned around, blinking a couple of times at the sight of the vocalist in front of him.

"Sorry, Jjong. I don't have time to chat. I gotta find--"

"I broke up with her."

Jonghyun's voice was somewhat raspy but more serious than ever, his eyes focused on Key's who simply stared at Jonghyun in disbelief. It wasn't the right time to pull jokes or play pranks, and Jonghyun always managed to spill the most random things out at the worst timings. Why would he possibly break up with his girlfriend whom he loved and adored oh so much, and always rathered to spend his time with her than him? Key didn't believe his words, not a single one of them and just laughed it off, giving a shrug of his shoulders.

"Yah, Jjong. You almost got me with your little prank, but only almost. I gotta go now."

The older male grabbed Key's wrist as soon as he was about to step outside, his face frowning. Key turned around to face the vocalist once more, slightly getting annoyed by the constant stopping. He wanted to find Onew and clear the situation as quick as possible. Playing with Jonghyun could wait for now. 

"I'm not joking.", Jonghyun said louder this time and tightened his grip around the taller man's wrist to reassure him that he really wasn't lying or trying to prank him.

"Wh-What...?"

The thing Key wished the most for to happen happened. Although he still couldn't truly believe what Jonghyun told him, it happened. Kim Jonghyun was no longer that woman's boyfriend. He was free. Single. No strings attached. That's what Key wanted the whole time ever since the two had started to date. Jonghyun himself didn't seem too sad about the break up seeing as he just smirked at Key after announcing his break up. Key himself didn't really know how to feel. Of course Jonghyun expected him to jump and squeal in happiness, to cling onto the vocalist and kiss all over his face and even thinking of throwing a party, but Key didn't do any of these things. He could only think of Onew who was probably freezing outside in the snow, his heart broken and his face soaked in tears. Onew never cried in front of his bandmates. He always prefered to cry by himself to show now weakness to his bandmates and make himself look like a strong leader - although everyone knew how clumsy and awkward he was, anyway.

"Aren't you going to say anything?", Jonghyun asked curiously and slowly loosened his hold onto Key's wrist as Key continued to stare at the male, too astounded and surprised to form a proper sentence. Did it have to happen now? Now where he was about to figure his true feelings out for Onew? His head was confused. He felt extremely happy that Jonghyun broke up with that girl whose name Key still avoided to mention, but on the other hand he ached at the thought of a hurt Onew wandering all by himself. He didn't know what to do, nor what to think of feel.

 

 

---

Wahh! I'm sorry it took me so long to update this. My life got really busy and I barely had time to get online or write. I will update it regularly from now on though. ^^