Venting.

When will I be as good as him?

"Hyung, do you like me? Like, like-like me? More than a friend? Answer me, hyung."

These words kept repeating in Onew's head, who was still standing paralized on his spot, not being able to say anything. How did Key notice it? He tried not to make it obvious, but it seemed like leaving Key alone in the living room did make it more than obvious. Onew glanced down at Key's hands which were still gripping onto his collar and didn't seem to let go as long as he wouldn't give an answer. Knowing Key, he would do anything to get an answer. It was a miracle that Onew managed to leave earlier. Key gave his collar a tug, signalizing that he was still waiting for a proper answer. What should Onew do? Admit everything? Admit how with each time Key complained about Jonghyun, Onew started to like him more and more? Admit how he loved each side of Key? Was it his naggy side, his happy side, his hyper side, his dorky side, his diva side, and even his sad side. He loved each single of them. Should he admit that he loved the fact that he was the appa and Key the umma of the band? Or should he admit that he couldn't imagine a life without Key anymore? He didn't know. Admiting emotions or feelings could change things -- probably get them awkward. This was the least thing Onew wanted right now. But the situation was already awkward enough, could it get any more awkward than this?

"HYUNG! Answer me now!"

Key kind of growled and started to shake the older male by his collar, stopping a few moments later, his hands letting go of the collar, his feet taking a step back. Onew stood still and just stared at Key who was now gazing down at the ground, biting his lip. Why did he want to know so badly? It's not like it would change anything. The only thing that would possibly change was the fact that Key would probably distance himself from Onew, knowing about his feelings.

"Jinki. Do you want me to repeat the question? Didn't you hear me? Say something, please."

"J-Jinki...?"

He called him Jinki. Jinki. His real name. Onew loved it when he was being called by his actual birth name, but it rarely happened, or only on special events. Why would he call him right at this moment by his name? Onew was plainly confused, but knew that he couldn't stay quiet forever. After all, being the quiet member was Minho's job. The leader cleared his throat before he began to talk in a calm, yet clear tone.

"Ke-- Kibum, look. That I left you all by yourself when you felt down, I'm really sorry about that. It was wrong of me. I should have stayed there to comfort you. I'm sorry."

"..This does not answer my question, hyung."

Key scoffed and turned his head away, his eyes catching two birds on a tree who were about to fly away, and did a moment later. Onew watched the other's actions and looked up at the birds as well, smiling a bit before turning his focus back to the rapper, who was still look after the birds. It always fascinated Onew how Key was entertained by the smallest things. He might be a diva at times, but he was actually a very down-to-earth person. A blunt one as well, but that's why everyone loved and admired him. A couple minutes later, Key turned his head towards the older again and lifted his eyebrows, sighing.

"I take it that you do like me, right?"

"Eh?"

Onew blinked a few times, his heart now beating way faster than it usually did. As said, Key was a very blunt and straight-forward person, best example, this situation. The leader let out a heavy sigh, deciding to get everything off his chest. Better now than never. He was usually a person who kept his problems, worries and feelings to himself, but Key was technically forcing him to admit and just blurt everything out that he had on his mind. Onew didn't have much experience. He never had a girlfriend, therefore it was hard for him to admit romantic feelings. But he had to do it. Now or never.

"Yes, Kibum, you are right. I do like you. Not since yesterday or the day before yesterday. Actually, I don't know since when I like you, but I do like you. I get jealous whenever I see you clinging to Jonghyun, but I overplay it by distracting myself or pretending that I don't see or hear you. I hate how you still like someone who obviously doesn't like you back. I hate how it seems like Jonghyun seems to be the only person that matters to you right now. What about Minho? Taemin? ..What about me? Am I really only a hyung -- your leader?"

Onew instantly bit his lower lip to shut himself up and turned his back towards Key, quickly hiding his face in his hands. Did he really just say all these things? Did he? Oh yes, he did. It felt good to vent for once, but on the other side, he was afraid of Key's reaction. Key stared at the older male with widened eyes. He never expected Onew to.. yeah, to be that open with him. But most important of all, why didn't he realize earlier that Onew liked him? Seems like his love for Jonghyun did make him blind.

 

--

A/N: I'm sorry if it's a crappy end for the chapter, but I feel tired and don't know how to continue for now. Next chapter will be up tomorrow. :)