Hyung, kamshamnida.

When will I be as good as him?

Onew rubbed his head and let out a few sighs of frustration. How, and why did he allow himself to be that straight-forward about his feelings for his bandmate Key? He was sure that things would start to get beyond awkward now. Key would probably go on distance with Onew and cling even more to Jonghyun. Probably. He didn't knew what would happen, and honestly, if he could, he would grab a deep black hole to disappear in and never come back. After a few minutes of silence, Key lifted his hand to place it on Onew's left shoulder, giving a light smile, still unsure about what he should say. It flattered him that an amazing person like Onew liked him in this way. Key knew very well that the leader was kind of slow in the topic love. He said it many times, and even called Onew slow in an interview -- being the blunt person he was. Actually, the thought of Onew liking him more than a friend brought a smile upon Key's lips which he couldn't hide. Onew of course noticed this and tilted his head, wondering if the smile was a good sign or a bad sign, his eyes then wandering down to the rapper's hand which was well-placed on his shoulder.

"Why are you smiling...? Are you making fun of me?"

The older said with a sad tone in his voice, his body still standing paralized on his spot. Key started to laugh. His bright laughter always made Onew feel all tingly and warm inside. How he loved the way Key loved -- he realized it just now. And he was sure that no one could beat the lovely sound of the younger's voice. In Onew's eyes Key was truly almighty. He snapped about of his daydreaming as Key spoke up after his laughing trailed off, his lips now being formed in a grin.

"No, why would I make fun of you, hyung? This is such a serious topic, and you just admitted that you like me. Which flatters me--"

"But?"

Before Key could finish his sentence, Onew interrupted  him, his face now turning into a frown. He didn't want to hear how his words flattered him or increased his already big ego. He just wanted to know if he would have chance -- if he was close to being liked as much as Jonghyun, Key's obsession. To be honest, next to Jonghyun Onew always felt like some kind of, let's call it loser. Jonghyun got more compliments for his voice, Jonghyun was the dorky and funny one. Jonghyun had the awesome body, charming grin, etc, etc. Would he ever be good enough for Key? When would he be as good as him?
Okay, perhaps Key was a little bit too much into the popular raptor. Jonghyun had now his own life, he had a girlfriend, whose name Key still despised and tried to avoid mentioning. Perhaps he did annoy Jonghyun and the rest of the band with being all clingy, naggy and complainy. Perhaps he did gain feelings for Onew but never noticed them because his eyes were only focused on the darkbrown-haired male.

"There's no but, hyung. There isn't. You are right, it was beyond silly of me to try and control Jonghyun's life, trying to make him fall for me. I tried to avoid the fact that he has a girlfriend, someone whom he loves in a way different way than he loves us. It was selfish of me to put my happiness before Jonghyun's and the others. I apologize, hyung. I apologize for being a selfish prick."

Key was speaking slowly, in a kind of whisper, his head lightly lowered, his gaze fixed to the ground. Onew blinked a few times, trying to understand what Key had just said. Did he just... apologize? Apologize for his behavior the last weeks? Yes, he really did. Did it mean that Key was ready to let go of Jonghyun, now where he realized that it was pointless to chase after the taken man? Onew felt like all of the happening at that moment was just a dream. A dream where Key gave up on Jonghyun. Seeing a hand waving in front of his eyes got him back to reality. Key waved his hand in front of Onew's face, tilting his head a bit in concern.

"Hyung? You alright?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah. ..I'm glad you realized that there is no point in clinging to Jonghyun like that.."

"And now you are wondering if I like you back, right? Or have any kind of romantic feelings towards you, right?"

Onew's cheeks flushed up at the younger's words, clearing his throat in embarrassment. Well, yes, of course he wanted an answer. Or.. maybe he didn't. A rejection -- he wouldn't know how to handle it. Hearing how Jonghyun was better in this and better in that -- he didn't want to hear it. He simply gave a nod and shoved his hands inside his pantpockets as Key pulled his hand back from Onew's shoulder, letting his arms hanging on his sides, his mouth scrunching up.

"Give me time to think, please? I'm confused, hyung. With your confession.. my feelings -- they turned upside down. But I'm thankful for your words. You brought me back to reality. Hyung, kamshamnida."

Key stepped close to Onew and wrapped his arm around the leader to hug him for a moment, then pulling back and giving a smile.

"I'll see you in the dorm, neh? Don't stay out too long, hyung. You'll catch a cold."

And with that, the diva his heels and began to walk away, letting Onew stay alone in the empty park, the ducks now being gone as well. He didn't manage to say anything. He didn't even manage to hug Key back. Everything seemed so surreal. Never once did he think that any of his words would affect Key so much that Key would actually let go of Jonghyun -- the person he liked since two years. Did he really have such a big impact on his dongsaeng? He wondered. The time Key needed to think over things, of course he'd give him it. He would give him as much time as he needed to get his head and feelings straight again. Onew hoped that in the end Key would tell him that he could have a chance with capturing the diva's heart. if he'd get rejected, then it'd be still better than letting things stay uncleared and puzzled. With a nod to himself, Onew began to walk away from the park, smiling widely as he saw the same birds from before sitting on a pole not too far away from himself. The love birds returned. Was this a good sign?