Jealousy?

When will I be as good as him?

"Keeeeey, look what Minho hyung and I got at Lotte World! Joooonghyun hyung, look what Minho and I got at Lotte World! HYUUUUNGS LOOK WHAT WE GOT AT LOTTE WORLD!"

Taemin's voice sounded up all happy and loud as Onew opened the door, entering the band's apartment. Back in the dorm everything seemed pretty normal. Minho and Taemin had returned from their little trip to the famous amusement park, finally. It was late in the evening, and if they would have stayed out for an hour longer, Key would have probably called the police, being the worried umma he was. The maknae ran around in the dorm, waving the plushed toys Minho won for him at several shooting and ball games, his eyes were shining and the teenager seemed beyond happy. The idea of taking a day off was definitely the right thing to do, and Minho.. well, he seemed as calm as always. The leader gave a chuckle -- the picture of Taemin literally pushing the toys in Jonghyun's face to get his attention, since Jonghyun seemed to be too busy with texting, Key scolding Minho for staying out too long, throwing a tantrum about all the possible things that could have happened, and Minho.. he could just stare at the naggy diva with cheeky grin. That kid was definitely not the nice boy next door, as many thought he was. This picture was so precious to him, yet only one person caught his eye constantly.
Key glanced at the door out of the corner of his eye, seeing Onew standing there, just watching them without a word. It really seemed like nobody noticed him being back. Well, how could they? In this chaos. Key curled the corner of his lips in a small grin and focused back on scolding Minho, then dragged the rapper to the living room, and out of Onew's sight. Once the younger ones disappeared in the living room, Onew felt empty. All of a sudden. He felt cold, even though the dorm was rather warm. Not even a hello? Usually Key greated everyone with a wide smile and a cheerful welcome back, when someone got back home. But this time, it was different. Instead of a warming welcome back he got a rather poor grin.

"ONEW HYUNG! AIGOO, ONEW!!"

The leader got pulled out from his thoughts as the cheerful voice of the maknae sounded up, him running straight up to Onew, still holding the stuffed toys Minho won for him.

"Onew hyung, where have you been? I was worried. Are you okay? Onew hyung looks cold."

Taemin talked without a stop, and helped Onew take off his jacket, then lead the older male to the bedroom he shared with him and Key. Jonghyun and Minho sharing the other bedroom. Onew allowed the maknae to lead him to the bedroom, then both of them sat down on the bed. It was weird.. He was used to Taemin being worried and cute and touchy and snuggly with him, and of course he was more protective over the youngest than over anyone else, but he'd rather have Key sitting with him on the bed, asking him if he's okay or if he wanted a hot chocolate. Key not being too interested in his return back to the dorm was still kind of hurting him, seeing him being busy with Minho.

"Hey, hyung. Are you even listening?"

Taemin waved his hand in front of Onew's face, trying to get his attention since he was talking for about five minutes, but the leader seemed like he wasn't listening, or more like in his own world.

"Hyung, you seem different today. Are you really okay?"

"Yes, Taemin. Don't worry."

The older confirmed with a smile and ruffled the younger male's hair, then reached out to pick up one of the several stuffed toys, examining it. It was a stuffed frog toy.

"Keke, looks like Minho hyung, doesn't it?"

Taemin asked with a chuckle, patting the frog's head, then smiled up at Onew, who was now rather amused, and even started to laugh at the younger's statement. The frog did resemble Minho, but that wasn't nothing new. Onew remembered Jonghyun suggesting once that Minho's fans should be called "Froggys" instead of "Flamers". It was definitely the most, let's call it stupid, thing Jonghyun had ever said in all his twenty years of living, and was the quote of the day. In return he got a kick from Minho, of course. Minho was always bullying Jonghyun. Was it pushing him, nudging him, and the thing he liked to do the most -- making fun of his height.
Onew and Taemin laughed and rolled on the bed, telling each other old stories and memories they remembered. At that moment, the intense talk with Key was forgotten, and Onew held his stomach from laughing when Taemin brought up the story when Onew followed what a dog did, then realized that he's a human. The two of them were in a deep laughing fit as they layed on the bed, not noticing that someone was standing at the door, watching them quietly, and actually.. glaring at them. Hearing the door shutting close, Onew blinked and sat up on the bed, having one leg of Taemin spread across his stomach, one of his own legs resting on Taemin's thighs. They definitely HAD a weird way of throwing laughing fits. The leader glanced at the door, and so did the maknae, though he didn't bother to sit up and just continued to lay on the bed, not feeling to put any effort in moving. Key was standing at the door, leaning against it, staring at them intensely. Onew cleared his throat, examining the diva's facial expression carefully -- It looked like he was jealous of the fun Onew and Taemin had, but he didn't dare to say anything, nor did Taemin.

"Heh, having fun I see."

The silence was gone as soon as Key spoke up, his voice sounding kind of angry.. and definitely jealous. The jealousy, yep, you could hear it just from the way he talked and moved his hand, checking his fingers for a moment.

"NEH! Key hyung should join us. We are talking about the past, and how funny Onew's sangtae issss!"

Taemin replied after he actually sat up on the bed, with a smile, patting the free spot on the beside him. This kid was so carefree, and innocent. How would he be turning eighteen soon?! But that was just a minor thought Onew had at the moment. Key examined Onew's leg which was now on Taemin's lap. He removed it quickly and sat properly, scooting a bit to the side to make more room for the diva to sit. Key bit his lip and just hissed quietly, then left the room, shutting the door beside him. Taemin's jaw dropped as soon as the door shut close, and Onew could only wince, dropping his jaw, and looking speechless at the door. What exactly was his problem? He didn't know. He didn't feel like he did anything wrong. Talking to his dongsaeng was still allowed, tch.

"Onew hyung, you should go after him, neh."

The innocence in Taemin's voice was adorable, and Onew could only nod, pinching the younger's cheek, and getting up, leaving the room as well. Taemin wasn't that naive and innocent - he noticed what was going on between the two. Spending time with them 24/7 since two years, of course he knew the way they act, and when they acted like that. He also knew that Key only behaved like that when he was jealous of something or someone. He only had to count one and one together and knew what was going on. Chuckling to himself, he layed down on his tummy and started to play with his stuffed toys, humming, "Key and Onew sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G~".
In meanwhile, Onew found Key in the bathroom. He was sulking and sniffing, sitting on the edge of the tub. Key didn't bother to look up when Onew entered the bathroom and locked the door behind him.

"Kibum... leaving the room like that.. wasn't alright of you.."

Onew started to talk, but stuttered as he did so, being afraid of saying something that could get Key to freak out and start to yell at him. Key shrugged his shoulders, and quivered his lower lip, his fingers fiddling with his own shirt, his lips parting a bit to speak,

"I'm sorry. Tell Taemin I'm sorry."

"You got jealous, didn't you?"

The diva gasped and instantly looked up at Onew, biting his lower lip. He got jealous, yes. He was annoyed that Onew didn't get jealous when he pulled Minho into the living room and didn't pay any attention to the leader. No, it came out way different. He was the one being jealous now. Why was he jealous of Onew having fun with Taemin? He shouldn't be, but he was. Key got slowly back up on his feet and stepped up to Onew, stopping a foot away from the older male. He started to smile with his crescent shaped eyes, and gave a soft nod.

"Yes, I got jealous. After our talk I expected you to come home and try to spend time with me as much as possible to get me to like you, instead of Jonghyun. I thought you wanted my attention, Jinki.. but you seemed to be more entertained by Taemin, than me."

His words didn't even make much sense. He could see that by Onew's raised eyebrow.

"I didn't want your attention? You were the one who didn't even bother to say hi.. You just disappeared with Minho in the living room, so I didn't want to bother. You said you wanted time, I said I'd give you the time you need, therefore I don't plan on pushing anything, or force anything. I want the feelings to come na--"

Not being able to finish what he wanted to say, and which was a whole lot more than that, Onew widened his eyes and stared right into the eyes in front of him. The eyes which were only a few inches away from his own. While Onew was talking, Key had stepped closer to the leader, and since he didn't like to get scolded, he had to find a way to shut the older male up. Onew's lips puckered up slowly, as he felt Key's perfect defined lips on his own, savouring the taste of the shorter male's lips, before Key could break it and grin cheekily up at Onew, who was now left speechless. A kiss? What did this kiss mean?