Happy Birthday to You

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin isn't there for Jeno's birthday, so Jeno decides to ask him to hang out. 

-super short and reedited 

 

 

 

It was Jeno's birthday today and Jaemin couldn't even show up. He knew that seeing Jeno was all he wanted, but he couldn't be there for Jeno when he wants to be. Maybe it's just playing with his feelings, but it hurts whenever they wouldn't mention him or even ask if he could be with them for the celebration. 

 

He had never missed Jeno's birthday before and this will be the first time he will. It kinda feels unreal, but he had to it up. 

 

His phone rang and it was Renjun. Renjun always calls him because he had told him that he misses him way too much. Renjun was the only person he talks to the most. The others would barely text him or call him. 

 

"Jaemin!"

 

"Hey."

 

"I hope that everything is okay. Don't feel bad for not being with us."

 

Jaemin sighed. "It's alright. Renjun, tell him happy birthday for me."

 

"I will. By the way, the hyungs are joining the party too. I won't tell them anything about you since I know that you aren't allowed to be with us until you get better."

 

"I understand. It's fine if you don't say anything. Just remember to give Jeno my present."

 

"Yeah okay. Remember, we all love you and miss you. I know how you feel, but this is just for our sake. I hate when you're not here, but what can I do?"

 

Jaemin smiled through the phone. "It's okay. Say hello to the hyungs for me."

 

"Yeah okay and I'll tell him you said happy birthday. He misses you a lot too."

 

Jaemin smiled at that. 

 

 "I really hope you can be with us in no time."

 

"I wish so too."

 

 

 

 

"Jaemin got you something." Renjun handed him a wrapped up present with a small pink letter. Jaemin's color was always pink. 

 

"He got me something?"

 

"Yeah. He went with Jungwoo to get it."

 

"His mom wouldn't let him out of the house, but I persuaded her," Jungwoo said, walking into Jeno's room.

 

Jeno slowly opened up the letter and read Jaemin's handwriting. Jaemin's handwriting isn't the neatest, but he still liked it. 

 

Dear, Jeno   Happy Birthday and I hope you and the hyungs have a great one. I know you all miss me, but I'm doing fine. I know we haven't seen each other in months, but I just wanted to tell you that everything is getting better. Thank you so much for everything and have fun!

 

 

Jeno stared that the letter. Jaemin was a simple person, but he found it weird how this was the shortest letter he had ever received from him. Was Jaemin really okay? 

 

He opened up the present and it was a guitar pic. He smiled and looked up at Renjun. "How is he really doing?"

 

"You should ask him. He told me he is fine, but he wouldn't say otherwise. You're his best friend."

 

They were best friends and they've spent their entire trainee life together. With the last few months without Jaemin, it's been a real pain. He had to get used to it, but when someone would talk about him or ask about him, he just couldn't maintain this strength. He felt so sad that Jaemin isn't there. 

 

The party continued and all Jeno could think about was Jaemin and his beautiful smile. Yes, he did think Jaemin was the most beautiful boy he had ever been friends with. Jaemin was the only boy who made his heart beat like crazy. 

 

"You okay?" Jaehyun asked once the party ended. The hyungs had given him presents, they all ate cake, and there were a lot of games, but he couldn't help but want Jaemin there. He felt so out of it and he couldn't enjoy the party.

 

"I think I need to talk to him."

 

"Who?"

 

"Jaemin."

 

Jaehyun nodded at him, patting his back. "We all miss him too. You're not the only one."

 

Jeno shook his head. "You don't get it. It's driving me crazy."

 

"Then talk to him. It won't hurt."

 

Jeno nodded. He and Jaemin haven't been talking much this whole time and he regrets it now. He was so busy with promotions and everything that he didn't have much time to think about Jaemin. He laid down on his bed, but when he saw Jaehyun getting up, he decided to ask him something. "By the way, do you not care about Doyoung anymore?"

 

Jaehyun turned around. "What do you mean?"

 

"You didn't talk to him all night."

 

"So what?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter