Avoiding You

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Jeno is tired of Jaemin ignoring him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They've been dating for over 6 months and for one whole month, Jaemin has been ignoring him. They haven't called it off yet because Jaemin refused to talk about it. Jaemin didn't seem to care at this point because the reason why they were like this in the first place was because of him.
 

Their friends, Mark, Haechan, and Jisung have been trying to help them out but Jaemin would not budge.

"Look I haven't even been to the boy's house in a month. I don't know how to talk to him."

"Jeno, he's your boyfriend."

"Why are you guys like this again? Was it because you cheated on him with Hina?" Mark asked.

Jeno sighed. "I didn't cheat on him. I was hanging out with her without him knowing."

"Hina was his ex. You shouldn't have done that. I side with Jaemin on this. You deserve to be ignored," Jisung said, looking up to see Jaemin walking in with Ten by his side. Jaemin hasn't been hanging out with them for over a month ever since it happened so he hangs out with the seniors now.

"He's right there. Get your up and talk to him."

"But he doesn't want to talk to me."

"Why are you guys dating again? He should have just dumped you a long time ago," Mark said.

"Talking to him is like talking to a wall. I don't know how to get to him and he's just so ugh. He's so complicated." It was true, Jaemin is so hard to talk to and he was stubborn, qualities that annoy the out him, but nonetheless, he still likes him.

"Well, Jaemin is Jaemin. You got yourself into this mess so you need to fix it up."

Jeno sighed and nodded. He slowly got up and walked up to Jaemin, who was engaged in a conservation with Ten. When they noticed him, they looked up and Jeno could see the frown on Jaemin's face. Ten stopped talking and coughed a bit.

"Oh hey, Jeno."

"Hey Ten," Jeno smiled at him, putting his hands in his pockets. "Is okay if I could-" He glanced down at Jaemin, "talk to Jaemin?"

Ten nodded and quickly got up. Jeno sat down next to his boyfriend and when Jaemin finally looked at him, his face was emotionless.

"Hey Jaemin."

"Hey."

Jeno looked back at his table, seeing that Jisung was watching him. He was unsure how to even talk to his own boyfriend.

"You can't ignore me forever you know."

Jaemin just stared at him. "I'm not ignoring you."

"Stop bullting-"

"Jeno, look," Jaemin said, "can we talk some other time?"

"Jaemin, that's the thing. If this isn't working out, just tell me what you want. If you're not willing to listen to me, then what's the point? Relationships don't work if we don't talk."

"I know. It's just-" Jaemin sighed and looked away. "I just need time to think okay?"

Jeno just nodded at him. "Do you... want to break up?" Jeno knew that it was a hard question, but then maybe this was the question that needed to be asked. 6 months wasn't long, but it was long enough to learn and experience some things.

Jaemin bit his lips for a moment. "I know I wasn't the best boyfriend and I didn't even let you explain what happened."

"It's because you don't want to listen. I'm okay with that, but I hate being ignored."

"I'm sorry."

Jeno sighed and stood up. "Think about it okay?" He reluctantly leaned down to kiss Jaemin's forehead before walking away.

 

 




They didn't talk again until 2 weeks later at Renjun's birthday party. Everyone had asked Jeno if they were still dating, but he brushed them off. The thing was, he didn't even know if they were still dating. Jaemin was hanging out with Renjun, Chenle, Ten, and Doyoung the whole time. It was when Jeno got the courage to greet him was when they started small convos. Although Jaemin's been giving him the cold shoulder, it doesn't really seem to matter as long they seem okay.

Jeno went to the back yard and he found Jisung talking with Jing Jing. Jing Jing was a really pretty and talkative girl.

"Jeno, it's nice to see you here," Jing Jing said.

"Yeah. You guys drinking?"

Jing Jing shook her head and Jisung laughed.

"We're just chatting."

Jeno smiled and sat beside her. She leaned and whispered into his ear. "Are you single tonight?"

Jeno glanced at Jisung who was smiling at him. "I'm not really single you know. It's kinda complicated."

"Jaemin right?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

They stayed and talked for awhile until Jing Jing left to go inside. Jisung turned to him.

"You talk to Jaemin yet?"

Nodding his head, he leaned back on the chair. "We did talk for like a minute, but then he left to talk to someone else. I honestly don't think we're dating anymore at this point."

"Then just call it off. Don't need to drag this longer than it needs to be."

Doyoung had called everyone in and together they sang happy birthday to Renjun. Jeno spotted Jaehyun, Doyoung's boyfriend wrapping his arms around Jaemin. He looked at them for a moment before turning away. After Renjun had cut the cake, Jaehyun was by his side.

"Your boyfriend is a bit delirious," he said, pointing to Jaemin laying on the couch.

Jeno took a good look at him before turning back to Jaehyun. "What happened?"

"What do you mean? He drank when he wasn't supposed to. You have to watch out for him like any boyfriend would."

Jeno sighed and walked over to Jaemin. "Jaemin, what happened?"

Jaemin barely glanced at him and stood up, walking away. "I'm going to the bathroom. Be right back." The words weren't aimed at him, but at Jaehyun. He watched Jaemin's back before following him to the bathroom and locking the door.

"Jaemin, look at me."

Jaemin put his hands up as if to say 'don't talk to me' before throwing up in the toilet. After a while, Jaemin rinsed out his mouth and stared at Jeno.

"What are you still doing here?"

"The question is, why are you ing drinking?"

Jaemin just rolled his eyes and tried to open the door, but Jeno blocked him.

"Jeno, stop it."

"Baby," Jeno said, using Jaemin's nickname for the first time in 2 months, "what's wrong?"

Jaemin sighed and backed away. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

Jaemin bit his lips, his eyes watering. "I cheated on you."

Jeno just stared at him. "Is that why you're drinking?"

Jaemin nodded. "Hina told me a long time ago that you guys weren't a thing. You just needed her advice on getting a gift for me, but I refused to believe it. That is why I didn't want you to explain because she had already told me. I ignored you because I was upset about the fact that Hina told me she liked you okay?"

Jeno sighed and took his boyfriend's hand. He leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I don't care about her and you shouldn't either. You need to tell me these things and about how you feel. I don't g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter