I've always loved you.

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Summary: Jeno had always loved Jaemin ever since smrookies days

p.s- when I wrote this, I realized that I didn't actually watch NCT Life in Bangkok so therefore I wrote it out of context. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeno had met Jaemin on his first day when he arrived at SM. Jeno didn't know anyone and when he had met Jaemin, who also came on the exact day as him, his first impression was that Jaemin was really small. He was like tiny. He thought Jaemin was cute and when he found out that they were both the same age, he couldn’t believe it. Jaemin had crooked bottom teeth, a small head, chubby cheeks and doed-eyes that can make anyone melt.

 

He and Jaemin were pretty awkward at first, barely talking to each other. The first words Jaemin had ever said to him was “wow you’re handsome” and Jeno just thanked him. He didn’t like the fact that Jaemin called him handsome, but he soon didn’t care much of it. He didn't like it at first was because he thought Jaemin might have a crush on him. Jaemin had also followed him around like a little puppy those first few days they were together. They spent most of their times with the other younger trainees and when they got to meet the older trainees, everyone took a liking to Jaemin because he was small and had a slightly deeper voice than anyone else.

 

Jaemin was a social butterfly and loved doing aegyo with the older members. Jeno thought it was cute at first but then thought better of it. It was annoying and he didn’t like it that much. It took months for them to really connect because Jeno was still unsure how to really act around Jaemin. Jaemin and he were really different and they didn’t even know much about each other. He knew that Jaemin was a skater and liked going to skate on the weekends and it was revealed Jaemin had his back problems because of it. 

 

 

 

 

When it was Jaemin’s 14th birthday, Jeno had gotten him a teddy bear and a headband because he remembered how the stylist would make Jaemin wear it for photoshoots and Jaemin had voiced out that he really liked it.

 

“Thanks, Jeno. This is really cool.”

 

“I guess. Um, happy birthday Jaemin.”

 

Jaemin just smiled at him and patted his back. They had gotten closer over the course of their trainee life because there was probably not a day when they weren’t around each other. Jaemin was sometimes quiet and other times he was a ball of sunshine. Jaemin didn’t particularly come from a rich family or anything, but the boy always had a smile when things were tough. Jeno had learned that the boy’s dream was never to become an idol.

 

 

 

 

“Then why did you come to SM?” Jeno asked when they were walking home from school. They went to the same high school because Jaemin had transferred schools just recently. On most days, they would walk home together and ride the train together. They were still trainees and no one ever had a clue they were from SM. They were forced not to say anything about being in SM.

 

Jaemin just shrugged. “They said that I had potential to be a star because of my looks. My parents were against it, but I guess the company just kept pestering them.”

 

“But you’re already a star..”

 

Jaemin smiled at him. “Thank you. You too. Jisung and you are really close.” 

 

“I know. He likes to dance with me." Jisung was one their top trainees, two years younger than them. Jisung loved dancing and whenever they would do choreos, Jisung would always be in the middle. 

 

"I wished I was as good as him."

 

Jeno smiled at him. "Hey, I’ve never been to your house.”

 

Jaemin looked at him with small eyes. “You want to come to my house?”

 

Jeno nodded and Jaemin smiled. They rode the train together and it took about 10 more minutes of walking to get to Jaemin's house. Jeno’s first time in his house wasn’t as nice as he wished, but it was okay. Jaemin was an only child and had a room to himself. Jeno found out that Jaemin was a really messy person. There was a lot of things in his room and Jeno had a hard time finding a pace to sit.

 

“Do you ever clean up?”

 

Jaemin looked up from his desk. “Um no. Barely.”

 

They spent most of their time playing games and looking at each other a lot. Jaemin has this thing where he looks at you, but he’s really just studying you. Jeno found it creepy asked him why he kept doing it.

 

“You’re just handsome. I want to be handsome.”

 

“You are. In your ways, you are handsome.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Months later, the younger smrookies had their first show called Mickey Mouse Club house. Mark, Jisung, Haechan, and Jeno were given a notice to be casted in the show and originally Jaemin wasn’t going to be casted in the show because of certain circumstances. It wasn't until later when Jeno found out that Jaemin was going to be on the show a day later that they held a meeting with the producer of the show. Jaemin and Mark spent a lot of time together and were talking non-stop that day. Jaemin and him had barely made any eye-contact.

There were 4 other girl trainees who will be in the show with them and he has met them before when they were training, but he never paid attention to them much.

 

“Jeno.”

 

Jeno turned to look at Jaemin, walking up to him. They had just ended the meeting. “Yeah?”

 

“You okay? I know you were upset when I wasn’t going to appear.”

 

Jeno shook his head. Jaemin had grown up a lot in the course of their trainee period and was the same height as him. “I’m happy Jaemin.” Jaemin smiled at him and wrapped his arms around his shoulder. They were stuck together the whole day.

 

 

 

 

They were going to Thailand to do a concert and Jaemin had expressed how excited he was. It was also the same day they had another photo shoot. The Hyungs and they have been preparing a lot for the performance and talked about they were going to do in Thailand.

When they arrived in Bangkok, the younger trainees were roomed together while the older ones were roomed together. For one of their segment for their NCT life, Jaemin and he have been given a camera to film. 

"You really didn't think I was cute?" Jaemin asked, sticking out his bottom lip. They had finished recording. 

Jeno laughed and shook his head. "You are." 

Jaemin smiled at him and sat up. "That was fun. Do you think the hyungs are still awake?" 

Jeno shook his head. "We have a busy day tomorrow. They must be all tired." 

"Yeah. How was today for you?"

"Really fun because we got to spend a lot of time with them together as a group and get to know each other." 

Jaemin smiled at that. "It's my first time bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter