You don't know you're beautiful

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Drabble

 

 

 

"You light my world like nobody else

the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelm

But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell."

 

 

Jeno stopped playing, looking to see Jaemin smiling at him. Jaemin understood the lyrics of the song and knew what Jeno was trying to say, but that doesn't mean he couldn't help but think the lyrics meant something else. Jeno was romantic and Jaemin appreciated that.

 

"You don't know you're beautiful."

 

Jaemin was beautiful, but it was only up to him to see it. 

 

Jaemin didn't think so.

 

Because he wasn't beautiful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 "You're being shy and turn away when I look into your eyes."

 

Jaemin keeps his feelings under his sleeve, not wanting anyone to dig into his feelings. 

 

But that didn't mean he didn't think Jeno was the most amazing guy out there. Jeno looks at him like he was most important thing in the world, but he wasn't and never will be. In anyone's eyes, Jaemin will never be. 

 

He could never look at Jeno in the eyes if his life depended on it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"When will you ever say yes to Jeno?"

 

Jaemin just chuckled, looking at Chenle. He knows and everyone knows that Jeno likes him. It's always been like that and Jaemin wants people to know that he likes him too. But when will there ever be a day when he thinks that he could be up to Jeno's standards? 

 

"I can't."

 

Jeno was someone Jaemin just can't be with. 

 

Jeno was the star basketball player and Jaemin was just a piece of little speck in the hallways. They didn't match and Jeno was way beyond reach. Jaemin couldn't make it up there if he even tried. Jeno was a dream, just like how everything else was. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 "Being the way that you are is enough."

 

Jaemin loved reading and liked to be alone, daydreaming until the day ends. He always had friends by his side, but he didn't know why he could never depend on them to let him be alone. Sometimes that's all you really need.

 

"Come on, Jeno's up next," Chenle said, taking his hands. They had made it to the center of the crowd to see Jeno playing the guitar. Jeno was amazing, yet so far in reach. Jaemin could never meet his eyes whenever they made eye contact. He would never be enough for him. Jeno deserved someone better.

 

Jeno smiled at him like the brightest star and looked at him differently than anyone else. Jaemin could never do the same. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You got it wrong. To prove I'm right I put in a song."

 

 

Jaemin was just so small that he would get tampered over. It was just the way he was, but he wanted to change that.

 

"You don't have to change yourself for anyone," Chenle said. "Especially not for Jeno."

 

"I don't need to."

 

"But you want to."

 

Jaemin just bit his lips. "You don't understand."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter