20 Questions..

Second Best No More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I arrived at the set early in the morning with my manager. For some reason, I felt like taking a walk around the area, so I informed my manager and he agreed. I noticed a few cafes and some small restaurants just opening up as I got out of my dressing room. But before I could proceed with my 'walk', I spotted Manager Choi carrying some of Alyssa's things, with Alyssa herself trailing closely behind. I decided to go and help them, so I went over to them.

 

"Annyeong haseyo, Manager Choi." I greeted and bowed to her manager first.

"Ah, Yong Hwa! You're early as well." He said. His smile turning into a smirk after a while. 

"Managaer Jun said he wanted to help around here so we went here early." I explained, ignoring his smirk, then turned my attention to Alyssa, who I found out was already looking at me.

"Annyeong, Alyssa." I greeted her with a smile and bowed.

"Annyeong haseyo, Yong Hwa-ssi." She gave a small smile before bowing. I noticed the guitar that she was carrying and offered to help her.

"Oh, Y-Yong Hwa-ssi.. You don't really need to do that. I can carry it, it's not that heavy anyways." She explained when Manager Choi interrupted her.

"Aish, Alyssa, don't be rude to Yong Hwa. He just wants to help you." Manager Choi said and she finally let me carry her guitar.

"Mianhamnida Yong Hwa-ssi.." She whispered, probably intending for it to be heard only by me, but it seemed like her manager still heard her, for he spoke again.

"Ya, Alyssa. You don't say sorry to people who offer help." 

 

I chuckled for a bit, and saw her bite her lip at the corner of my eye.

 

"Ne, Alyssa. You don't have to be sorry. I volunteered anyways." I gave her a smile.

"Arasso.." She finally agreed.

 

As soon as we arrived in Alyssa's dressing room, I placed her guitar with the rest of her things and both Manager Choi and her thanked me.

 

"Oh, Yong Hwa, do you know where Jun is? I wanted to help the staff as well.." Manager Choi informed me.

"Uh.. I last saw Manager Jun in my dressing room. Maybe you could still check if he's there.." I trailed and he nodded before thanking me again.

"Ara. Oh, Alyssa, I'll leave you for a while. You can rest since you already studied your lines last night." He told her before leaving.

 

There was an awkward silence as we just stood there.

 

I don't want this. I don't want us to be awkward anymore.

 

So I finally decided to break the deafening silence.

 

"Um.. Would you like to go on a walk with me..?" I avoided her gaze as it shifted to me.

 

I was seriously waiting for another rejection to come, but it all vanished when I noticed her smile directed at me.

 

"That would be nice.." She said and went over to me. Immediately going back to my senses, I nodded my head.

"Kaja." I announced and we headed out.

 

We walked in silence for a while until I realized I didn't really know anything about her.

 

"So, tell me about yourself." I said plainly and she laughed a bit.

"Mwo?" She replied.

"Come on, I've been working for you for a month now, and I still know nothing about you." I said and she nodded silently.

"It would be embarrassing on both our parts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter