Unexpected

Second Best No More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh, there you are, Yong Hwa. Are you ready to shoot?" Director Kim asked me and I nodded.

"Ne. Sorry if I had to take a while.." I apologized and met Alyssa in front of the camera.

"Have you been waiting long?" I whispered to her and she just shook her head.

"Action!" 

 

"Ha Joon-oppa.." I heard Alyssa say and I looked at her. 

"M-mwo?" I accidentally stuttered, distracted by her gaze, making kamdoknim yell 'cut'.

 

"Yong Hwa, you're not supposed to stutter!" He called out to me and I nodded before bowing to him. 

 

Ugh, my very first NG. I don't know what her eyes were doing to me, but I really needed to get my head in the game.

 

I shook my head, and Director Kim yelled 'action' once again.

 

"Ha Joon-oppa.." Alyssa repeated, and I once again looked at her, smiling.

"Mwo? Missed me already?" I delivered my line, and she smiled at me.

 

For some reason, I felt that she was giving me a real smile. Did she secretly enjoy filming with me too?

 

"Ne.. I really missed you. I'm sorry for not spending much time with you these past few days.. I've really been busy with lots of school work lately.." She pouted.

"But I've thought of a way to make it up to you.." She smiled that smile once again and I just stood there dumbfounded.

 

She then gave me a confused look with her eyes, and raised her brows at me as if reminding me something. I just stared at her and next thing I knew, Director Kim was yelling 'cut' again.

 

"Um.. Yong Hwa-ssi.. You were supposed to say 'Jinjja?'." She quietly said to me and I closed my eyes.

"Yong Hwa!" I heard Director Kim call out.

"Mianhamnida kamdoknim.." I said, keeping my head bowed.

 

What's wrong with me? I studied my script before I went out here, so I can't understand why I forgot my line. Gaah, 2nd NG today. I really need to focus!

 

"Ara, let's try again." Director Kim said before finally yelling 'action'.

 

"Ha Joon-oppa.." Alyssa called out to me and I met her eyes with a smile.

"Mwo? Missed me already?" I , ignoring the feeling her gaze was giving me.

"Ne.. I really missed you. I'm sorry for not spending much time with you these past few days.. I've really been busy with lots of school work lately.." She pouted once again.

"But I've thought of a way to make it up to you.." She smiled that same smile of hers and I smiled back, trying my best not to get distracted.

"Jinjja? How?" I asked, raising my brows.

"Let's go to the lake first." She whispered to me, before grabbing hold of my hand.

 

I was surprised with what she did, so I jerked my hand away from hers, as if I got burned with her touch.

 

Wow, her hand felt so soft.. Wait, no! I should not be thinking this right now! I'm in the middle of filming a scene, for Christ's sake! What's going on with me?

 

"Cut!" I heard Director Kim yell for the umpteenth time that day.

"Yong Hwa, what's wrong? Why do you suddenly keep on forgetting your lines? And why do you look nervous? You're supposed to look cool and give a secret smile for what Alyssa did once the camera closes in on you, but instead you flinched away from her. What's wrong?" Director Kim asked as he walked over to where Alyssa and I were.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter