Starting over

Second Best No More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

By the end of the week, we've finished filming most of the 'college couple scenes' in the drama, and was told that we were going to move on to film the break up scene today. 

 

I wanted to drop by Alyssa's dressing room and finally apologize, but decided not to at the last minute, remembering that she needed to focus on crying and being sad the whole day for the break up scene.

 

Once we got called to resume acting by Director Kim, I noticed Alyssa's somber mood. Maybe it's part of her preparation..

 

"Action!"

"Your eomma's right, Ha Joon-ah.." She spoke quietly and I turned to look at her.

"Mwo? Aniyo! Ya, Ha Yeun Ja, don't listen to her. She always does that.. She thinks she's always right." I rolled my eyes, pretending to be angry at my 'so-called-mother' for not accepting Yeun Ja as my girlfriend.

"Ha Joon-ah.. I think.." She started and I pretended to sense something wrong with what she was going to say next.

"I think we should just break up now.." She ended while looking at the ground. I widened my eyes, pretending to be shocked, and shook my head.

"Ya, Ha Yeun Ja, what are you talking about? That's not a nice joke.." I said and she kept her gaze fixed on the ground.

"Ani, your eomma's right. You have a bright future ahead of you.. and me being in the picture will just mess it up for you.. She's right.. You deserve the best.. And that isn't me.." She said, with tears already streaming down her face.

"Ani! What my eomma said is pure crap! She's wrong about you, don't listen to her. Besides, I don't even want to take over the family business.." I grabbed her hands and made her face me.

"P-please.. You can't be serious about breaking up with me, right?" I pleaded with my eyes just like what kamdoknim suggested before.

"Mianhae, Ha Joon-ah.." She sobbed and kept on apologizing to me.

"Y-Yeun Ja.." I whispered when she started to walk away.

 

As soon as Alyssa was away from the scene, another camera filmed me slowly and dramatically sitting down a nearby bench. I managed to let out a few tears before hearing Director Kim yell "cut!". I immediately wiped the tears and stood up.

 

"That was nice, Yong Hwa. You did a good job." He complimented me and I smiled before bowing to him.

"Okay, everyone, that's a wrap. We'll continue this tomorrow." He announced and everyone started packing up.

 

As I walked to my dressing room, I heard a faint sob. I turned my head to see who it was but couldn't see anyone. The sobbing continued, and it was only then that I realized that the sobs sounded like it came from a girl. I looked around, and saw a figure behind the bushes. I was surprised to see none other than Alyssa.

 

Why is she crying?

 

I felt my heartstrings tug at the sight I was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter