X

The Man in the Dark

The emergency light went on, only giving a little bit of dark orange shade into the elevator.

I looked straight into Hyungsik's eyes. Luckily, it was the human face. I'd gotten really good at distinguishing that.
But still, the tiny space of the elevator and his unpredictability made me feel more than uneasy.
Nervous as I was, I slowly moved backwards until my back touched the elevator walls.

He looked back at me. Then his gaze went down to my throat and upon that, a wild mixture of emotions crossed his face. I couldn't quite determine them, but it looked something like realization or shock, then remorse.
He walked up to me carefully, until our bodies were only centimeters apart. His scent swayed over to me, alongside with his charisma that hurled me into a bubble of speechlessness.
His presence electrified me. My body reacted to his in a way that I was not used to. While I felt uneasy, I also just wanted to touch him or him to touch me or any of that kind. I was heating up inside, my breathing got faster as I looked into his eyes.

He didn't say a word when he softly put his hand under my chin and tilted my head back carefully. He then traced the dark marks on my throat. I shivered under his sweet touch. I even closed my eyes. I was enjoying this.
He seemed shocked, but also very curious, af if he didn't know that he was indeed the one who'd done this to me.

I opened my eyes and examined his face. He was drawn to my shoulders. He still let his fingers run over the sensitive area, then went on to my shoulders. He moved away the fabric of my blouse and let it slip down on one side. There was something weird flickering in his eyes when he saw my bare skin. Even though my skin was obviously abused, he parted his lips and sighed softly as if it sparked his desire.
His touch was exhilarating. I wanted to close my eyes, but his face was too interesting. His black eyes looking at my body and his breaths getting deeper while he removed the fabric on my shoulders even more. He could sense me looking at him. He let his gaze sweep to my neck again, before he returned mine. The intensity was explosive. We were both heated up at this point, the unusual and y atmosphere of a stuck elevator and us two, standing pressed against the wall.
My fears were forgotten. My desire for this man was undeniable at this point, my longing for him to touch me unspeakable.

He came closer. My heart was about to stop.
Slowly, but determined, he came so close that our bodies touched. His one hand was in my neck, the other on the elevator wall, surrounding me completely. I looked at him until his lips almost touched mine. Then I closed my eyes.
I could feel the cold coming from his skin, but it seemed less cold than before.
We were both breathing through our mouths right now and I waited for him to finally kiss me.

"I'm so sorry", he whispered only loud enough to hear.
Then, he pressed his lips against mine, not like he'd done before. This time, he was fiery, demanding, rougher.
He had me in an instant.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, going through and grabbing his hair as he pressed me further against the wall.
He let his lips trace down my jawline, until he reached my throat and neck. I tilted my head backwards against the wall and a moan escaped my mouth.
I couldn't describe this situation.
Where had it gone from 'he's the devil in person' to 'I let him seduce me in an elevator and offer him my throat'?
Those thoughts were too far-off though. The moment clouded my mind, pulling me into his aura. There still was this part that felt a little dangerous, mysterious, dark. Something that excited me way more than I wanted to admit.

His arm wandered around my waist, before he got a tight grip and lifted me up. There was a handrail on the elevator walls, where he lifted me up on so I could wrap my legs around his hips. Now, there was an intimacy, our bodies tightly together, that made me forget how to breathe while he continued kissing me all over.
The heat was getting to my head, I let myself fall for this man completely now.

I clawed my hands into his sweater when he started to my blouse. I was trembling, I couldn't wait any longer to have his skin against mine.

Just when he was almost done opening my blouse, the lights came back.
And after a harsh jolt, the engine of the elevator slowly started moving again.
Not now!

We both looked each other in the eyes. Our hair was messy and my blouse almost ed, showing my bra. I'd scooped up his sweater so half of his abs were showing.
Because of the irony and the sudden mood change, we both cracked up loudly at the same time. Then, I shook my head while smiling and started to button up again. What an unfortunate timing. I was unsure what to do.

The doors opened on the 14th floor where I lived.
I got out and waited for Hyungsik to follow. He was hesitant to put his foot outside the elevator door. It seemed strange.

He did, after all, and went inside my apartment with me. After this episode on the elevator, I felt like I could let him into my house. But maybe also because I was still so heated up. Just a minute ago, we were going for elevator , but I already longed for his touch again. What was happening with me?

I closed the door, slipped out of my shoes and walked to my couch. I signalized him to sit down next to me.
He looked around a little bit, his messy hair looking gorgeous on him. I just couldn't believe this man. He looked perfect.
When he sat down, I moved closer to him and smiled the most beautiful smile I could. I didn't want to let go of this fire from before.

He looked as if he was thinking hard when I leaned in to kiss him again. It was a different atmosphere, but the kiss was just as thrilling.
It didn't take long for it to get passionate, when he grabbed around my waist again and soflty pushed me down into the cushions. He was hovering over me.

Then, he tensed up. I opened my eyes at once. To my ease, it was still his human face, but he looked at me in a concerned way.

"I'm sorry. Your skin is just... Your body..."
"It doesn't hurt."
"It is dangerous to be around me."
"I thought you said that you need to be around for me to be safe?"
"You still believe that after yesterday?", he said as he moved back a little and sighed. It was a heavy sigh, filled with doubts.
"It may not be the smartest thing to be around you, but it also feels... right", I responded.

"There is something you don't and can't know about me. As long as I can't control it, we shouldn't be this close. I'm sorry for leading you on."
He got up. And walked to the door.
"You're just going to leave like that?", I asked, feeling humiliated.
"It is better this way. Believe me."

He left.

I adjusted my blouse nonchalantly before entering another emotional fit. I yelled a frustrated groan and threw a cushion into the direction of the door.
This time, I felt humiliated and used. And stupid.
Unexplainably stupid.