Best Day Ever

Golden Days

 

 

Sehun can’t help the smile that slowly starts to spread on his lips when he sees his two most favorite people in the world waiting for him at his jobs lobby. Luhan has his back turned to him and is bouncing Mina in his arms gently. The scene is one he’s seen multiple times but each time always leaves him feeling complete. He isn’t sure how he got so lucky in life or why he’s deserving of having this but what he does know is that what he has is everything he has ever wanted and even more.  He married the love of his life and now they’re raising a beautiful daughter who lights up Sehun’s world. Yes he may have been nervous about becoming a parent in the beginning but having Luhan by his side made everything easier. Luhan was his rock, his motivation to live life to the fullest, his sun and all the stars that light up the night sky.

 

Sehun feels like the luckiest man on earth as he makes his way to his family.  He comes up behind his husband quietly and slowly hoping to catch them off guard but then Mina see’s him and she squeals in delight blowing her dad’s cover.

 

Luhan instantly turns because Mina only squeals that way for Sehun and the smile Luhan gives Sehun nearly takes Sehun’s poor breath away.

 

“Hey there handsome” Luhan greets still bouncing Mina in his arms. Mina claps her hands and starts to reach for Sehun making Sehun chuckle.

 

“Hello gorgeous.” Sehun replies stepping closer to give Luhan a chaste kiss on the lips and take Mina into her arms “And hello to you two cutie”  he says to Mina peppering kisses on her face.

 

“So birthday boy...where are we going for lunch?” Luhan prompts and Sehun shifts Mina to his other arm so  he can take Luhan's hand in his “Well...there’s a thai restaurant across the street I thought we could go to.” Sehun says.

 

“Hmm is that what you want?” Luhan asks lacing their finger together.

 

“Yeah… we haven’t had it in awhile” Sehun says with a careless shrug. He see’s annoyance spark in Luhan's eyes. He can’t deny that it’s  funny. His husband loves birthdays. He thinks they’re super important and for a time Sehun could do nothing against Luhan throwing him parties. Until of course Sehun had to sit him down and tell him that he doesn’t really need a party or gifts. All Sehun ever wanted was to spend time with Luhan. Thats all he needed. Luhan had protested but eventually gave up.

 

“True...but is that what you really really want?” Luhan asks and this time Sehun doesn’t hold back a chuckle.

 

“Babe you guys coming to have lunch with me is all I wanted of today. So yes Thai is what I really really want. Now let’s go before my lunch break is over.” Sehun says giving Luhan's hand a squeeze.

 

“You’re no fun you know that?” Luhan says with a pout.

 

“I’m plenty fun.”  Sehun replies as he start leading the way.

 

Luhan rolls his eyes at his husband. He doesn’t mean to get annoyed at Sehuns lack of excitement for his own birthday but come on! It’s his birthday what’s so wrong with making the day a little extra special?

“You think I’m fun right Mina?” Sehun asks the baby making Luhan look over at their baby girl. Mina gives Sehun a gummy smile and it makes Luhan's heart almost burst. Sehun always says hes lucky to have Luhan in his life but Sehun will never understand that it’s actually Luhan who is the luckiest person ever. He can’t even imagine what his life would have been like without Sehun in it. The thought alone makes Luhan's heartache because a life without Sehun by his side just isn’t a life.

 

“She’s still a baby Sehun-ah she can’t really say yet because even the remote is fun to her right now” Luhan teases.

 

Sehun pouts “Hey...that’s mean.”

 

Luhan giggles and suddenly  there’s butterflies in Sehuns stomach. God he’s whipped.

 

“No mean is not letting me throw you a party”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes amused “ I knew you were gonna say that.”

 

Luhan gives Sehun a sheepish smile “Am I getting too predictable?”

 

“No” Sehun shakes his head “I just know you babe. I mean….we’ve been together for how long?”

 

“ 10 years and counting” Luhan states proudly and Sehun can’t help being proud to. 10 years is a long time but surely not enough. At least not for them.

 

They reach the restaurant soon after and aside from Mina spilling a water lunch is fantastic. The food was delicious and Luhan being Luhan gets the waiters to sing happy birthday to Sehun. It's probably one of Sehuns best birthdays to date and he honestly hates having to say goodbye to Luhan and Mina when his lunch break comes to an end. He almost decides to just skip out on going back to work and leave with Luhan and Mina but his ever wonderful husband reminds him there are only a few hours left in work day and they’ll all be together soon enough. So Sehun it up and goes to work.

 

Having spent time with his family does wonders because he manages to get three projects done and submitted to his boss by the time he finally gets to leave. It's a huge weight lifted off his shoulders and he really can’t wait to go home and cuddle on the couch with his two loves.

 

.But of course...that is not what happens.

 

Nope. Instead of being greeted by his precious baby girl and his beautiful husband he is greeted by a surprise party. It's not so bad though. Luhan only invited his parents over and his best friends.

 

Do Kyungsoo is the first to give him a hug after they all jump out and scare Sehun half to death (he’s mildly upset he really didn't see this coming).  Kyungsoo has been friends with Sehun since they were practically babies. It's nice to see him after such a long time. Kyungsoo worked as a music producer so he was always bouncing around.

 

“Man what’s it like to officially be 30?”  Kyungsoo jocked making Sehun roll his eyes.

 

“Not awful…”

 

“Huh...you don’t feel weak? Or like you need a cane?”

 

“Hahaha very funny. You act like you’re not gonna be 30”

 

“I’m not. I’m staying 29 forever”

 

“I never really thought Kyungsoo would be so afraid of aging” Chanyeol, Sehuns other best friend who he met at workt he two had very similar sense of humor and just got along from the start,  cuts in giving Sehun a big bear hug

 

“Oh shut up giant you’re 27. I’d like to see how you’ll be feeling when it's your turn.” Kyungsoo replies back making Sehun laugh.

 

“Alright quit hogging my husband and let him come into the house fully” Luhan yells

 

“Aww Lu don’t tell me you still get jealous?” Chanyeol teases hugging Sehun tighter.

 

Luhan raises an unimpressed eyebrow “ Jealous? Chanyeol...there isn’t a thing to be jealous of. Now get your hands off my husband before I call a certain someone who will get jealous if I tell them you were all over Sehun”

 

Sehun laughs at Chanyeols widened eyes and the way he immediately let's go of him.

 

“Ohhh the Baekhyun card. Works every time.” Kyungsoo says with a laugh.

 

Soon Luhan leads them to the dining table where all of Sehuns favorite foods are layed out. Sehun is touched by the gesture. Luhan really was the best thing to happen to him.  They all eat and chat. Mina of course gets held by her daddy the whole night because Sehun misses her. He’s been working longer hours so his time with Mina has been cut short. Mina has no problem at all with this until Luhan decides it's time for her to go to bed. Once Mina is down they sing happy birthday one last time before cutting the cake. It's homemade chocolate cake and Sehun devours it because Luhan is an amazing baker.

 

“Did you enjoy your party?” Luhan asks once everyone has gone home and it's just the two of them snuggling in bed.

 

“Yes...but you didn’t have to throw me a party Lu” Sehun replies gazing into Luhan's eyes.

 

“I know but I really wanted to. I mean this is Minas first birthday with you. It had to be special”

 

Sehun chuckles “Oh so the party wasn’t really for me. It was for Mina” he teases.

 

“Of course not. It was for you!”

 

“I know babe.”

 

“What’s so wrong with me wanting to make the day you were born special?”

 

“Nothing. But you know all I need for my days to be special is you and now Mina.” Sehun whispers caressing Luhan's cheek.

 

“God you’re such a cheeseball” Luhan giggles even though he’s thrilled by what Sehun said.

 

“A cheeseball that loves you very much. Thanks for today” Sehun says kissing Luhan on the lips.

 

“Of course.” Luhan says between kisses.

 

Sehun let's out a content sigh when they stop and presses one last kiss to Luhan forehead. He really is grateful for the small get together. It was a great way to see everyone he hadn’t really been able to see like his parents. He supposes maybe...Luhan's onto something with all these celebrations…

 

“What are you thinking about?” Luhan whispers into his neck.

 

“Nothing..just...that I am very lucky to have you in my life.”

 

“You got that right.” Luhan says kissing Sehuns neck instantly making the other shiver. “But tonight I’m the lucky one. Because I get to celebrate having you in my life another year.”

 

“Who’s the cheeseball now?”

 

“Oh shut up and kiss me birthday boy” Luhan orders and Sehun doesn’t hesitate to obey.

 


Happy Birthday to Sehun!!! here's some random filler....

its not the best but I promised to update three stories so... heres story number two! 

also...Happy Hunhan month guys!

hope you guys like this chapter. please comment ! and like and ya know all that good stuff. 

see y'all in the next one!