Uncle Kris

Golden Days

 

 

“How about princess themed?” Sehun said while pushing Mina on the swing.

 

Luhan who was leaning against the railing scrunched up his face “Really? Isn’t that so generic?”

 

Sehun shrugged “I guess but she is our little princess”

 

They were at the park today since it was Saturday and neither of them had anything pending for them to do. Luhan and Sehun had been brainstorming ideas for Mina’s first birthday party since it was a good three weeks away. Sehun wasn’t all for themed parties but he knew Luhan was so he tried to give it a shot but so far Luhan had rejected all his ideas.

 

“She is but this is her first birthday party. It has to be really nice.” Luhan said with a pout.

 

“Babe she won’t even know what's going on around her. She won’t even remember it” Sehun tried to reason with his husband. If Sehun was going to be completely honest he just wanted a small little party. Where they would sing happy birthday and cut a cake. It could be just the three of them and maybe their parents. But knowing Luhan that probably wasn’t going to happen.

 

“I know but I want it to be special.” Luhan whined.

 

Sehun sighed “What have you been thinking of?”

 

“I have a color scheme in mind. I just don’t know of anything that will go with it. I mostly don’t want it to be overly girly.”

 

“Okay so why don’t we work off the color scheme?” Sehun suggested while making funny faces at Mina who kept turning her head back to look at him.

 

Luhan thought it over and nodded “Yeah okay.  I was thinking gold and like a peach color and maybe add a little white”

 

“That sounds nice” Sehun replied not really sure what to say as he looked down at Minas back.  He wanted to be supportive but he really didn’t know much about organizing parties or color schemes. It was always Luhan who took on the planning and organizing.

 

He heard Luhan chuckle and looked up at his husbands amused face. “It’s okay babe. I’ll think on it some more. “

 

Sehun gave Luhan a sheepish smile “I’m sure it’ll be perfect.”

 

Luhan laughed again but nodded his head. Mina decided then to put out her arms towards Luhan. Clearly the baby was done with being in swing.  “I think she wants out” Luhan said looking over at Sehun who brought the swing to a stop. Luhan then took her out of the swing and peppered her face with kisses causing the baby girl to giggle. Sehun walked around the swing and came to stand next to Luhan wrapping an arm around the other's shoulders before they headed off toward a different part of the park.


 

They went home an hour later. Mina had very obviously used up all her energy because as soon as the car started moving she had drifted off to sleep. Once they were home Sehun tucked Mina into her crib allowing her to get in a good nap before having a late lunch. He made sure the baby monitor was on before heading down to the living room.

 

Sehun smiled when he found Luhan sitting on the couch tablet in hand looking very serious. He could only guess that his husband was looking for inspiration for their babies first birthday party. And his suspicion was confirmed when he got closer and saw Luhan on the party city website. He plopped down next to Luhan who was so enthralled by his research he didn’t even turn to  look at Sehun. Not liking the lack of attention Sehun decided to scoot closer to Luhan and threw an arm around the smaller’s shoulder. He leaned his head down on the others shoulder hoping to break him away from his trance but nothing. Luhan kept scrolling down the list of possible themes and colors as if Sehun wasn’t even there. Sehun pouted and gazed up at Luhan in another attempt to get the others attention.

 

Luhan let out a sigh “I didn’t know Mina had a little brother” he whispered as he continued scrolling not sparing Sehun a glance.

 

“Heeey. I’m not a child” Sehun replied back mildly hurt at what Luhan was insinuating.

 

“You sure seem to be acting like one right now” Luhan said small smile playing on his lips.

 

Sehun scoffed “How sweet Lu, am I acting like a child right now?”

 

Luhan put down his tablet and finally glanced down at Sehun “Well for starters you’re silently demanding my attention while I’m clearly busy”

 

“How is that child-like?”

 

“Only a child would ask that”

 

“That's the worst comeback I’ve ever heard”

 

Luhan laughed then and bent his head a little more to give Sehun a peck on his cheek “There is that enough attention for my overgrown baby?”

 

“Hmm I think you could do much better” Sehun said before sitting up and cupping Luhan's face and kissing him.

 

Luhan smiled into the kiss. He could definitely pause his research if it meant kissing Sehun. Sehun’s kisses were always one of his greatest weaknesses. Right when things felt like they were going to get steamy they heard a knock on the door.

 

They separated giving each other confused looks. They hadn’t planned on anyone coming over. Nor had anyone said they would be coming over.

 

“Did you invite anyone over?” Luhan asked and Sehun shook his head no.

 

Sehun was going to ask Luhan if it could be his parents when there were a few more rapid knocks on the door. Deciding not to keep whoever was at the door waiting Sehun got up and went to the front door. Luhan turned in his seat on the couch to look at whoever their unexpected guest could be.

 

When Sehun opened the door he was very surprised to see his older brother standing in front of him.

 

“What took you so long to open the door?” his brother asked voice mildly irritated.

 

“I...Kris? What are you doing here?” Sehun asked still confused about having his older brother at his front door. The last time he had spoken to Kris, Kris had been in the California for his work. He wasn’t supposed to be back for another two weeks.

 

“Uhh visiting? Now step aside and let your big bro in” Kris replied annoyed.

 

Sehun nodded and let Kris in who immediately took off his jacket and tossed it at Sehun's face. Sehun pulled the jacket off his face and scowled at his brother.

 

“Luhan long time no see!”Kris called out. Sehun hoped his brothers voice wouldn't carry itself upstairs and wake Mina up.

 

“Kris! We weren’t expecting you! How are you?” Luhan greeted enthusiastically making Sehun frown. A long time ago Sehun would have been burning with jealousy. But he was mature now. And Luhan was married to him. There was nothing to be jealous of.

 

“I texted earlier but I guess you guys were busy” Kris said wiggling his eyebrows at Luhan. Sehun rolled his eyes at his brother's antics. He walked over to them and wrapped an arm around Luhan's waist. Maybe he really wasn’t all that mature.

 

“Oh stop. You really never change” Luhan said laughing and leaning into Sehun's embrace.

 

Kris winked at Luhan before turning to look around the room “So where’s my niece?”

 

“She’s sleeping.” Sehun replied throwing a glare at his brother. It's not that Sehun didn’t like his brother. He loved him. He just never liked how much flirting he did with his husband. It drove him nuts.

 

“Awww I was really hoping to see her.” Kris replied sounding really disappointed.

 

“You still can. Why don’t you stay?” Luhan asked. Sehun suppressed a groan.

 

“Are you sure? I wouldn’t want to be a bother?” Kris asked hopeful.

 

Sehun wasn’t going to say anything but the sharp jab he felt in his ribs, from none other than his short husband, forced him to speak up. “Yeah Kris stay. We haven’t seen you in awhile. It will be nice to catch up.”

 

“Great. I actually brought a gift for Mina. It’s in the car I’ll be right back.” Kris said smiling brightly as he walked passed Luhan and Sehun.

 

When they were alone Luhan removed Sehun’s arm from his waist and stepped away from Sehun. He crossed his arms and gave Sehun a disapproving look.

 

Sehun ran a hand through his hair. He hated when Luhan looked at him like that. That look could only mean one thing. A lecture was about to occur.

 

“Do you want to explain to me why you’re being so rude to Kris?”

 

“I wasn’t being rude.”

 

Luhan arched a brow and Sehun let out a sigh.

 

“Can we not do this right now? He’ll be back soon..”

 

Luhan shook his head in disapproval “Alright Sehun. But don’t think you can get away from this”

 

Just then they both heard the door opening and closing immediately ending whatever conversation Luhan and Sehun were having.

“I hope she likes it.” Kris said as he handed a wrapped box to Sehun. Sehun looked at the pink wrapping and studied it quizzically. Knowing Kris it could be educational. He had been after all the one who got Mina her sleeping music.

 

“Thanks. I’m sure she’ll love it. Just like she loves her lullaby CDs.” Sehun replied.

 

“You guys actually use them?” Kris asked

 

“Of course. They’re actually lifesavers whenever Mina has a hard time going to sleep” Luhan replied smiling at Kris.

 

“I’m happy they’ve been useful.” Kris replied.

 

They settled into the living room Luhan sitting next to Sehun and Kris sitting across from them. The last time Kris had been over was a little over two months ago. He had dropped by to hang out and see Mina. Yet another person Mina had wrapped around her little fingers. Kris didn’t stop by often. He was a translator and his work usually had him working overseas so whenever he could he would visit. The couple didn’t mind. They both loved Kris. Sehun just didn’t like that Kris enjoyed flirting with his husband.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t be back for another two weeks?” Sehun asked.

 

“I was but they changed it on me. I’m afraid I’m gonna miss Mina’s birthday.”

 

“Ohhh no. Why did they change it? You can’t ask for it off?” Luhan asked disappointment clear in his voice.

 

“Unfortunately I can’t. Some trading deals went wrong because of the last translator so now I’ve been recommended. There’s a lot at stake. I wish I could be here but my hands are tied.” Kris replied. Looking at him Sehun realized how exhausted his brother looked. Whatever was going on must be taking a toll on him.

 

“I hope there's still some way you can make it. It won’t be the same without you here” Sehun said.

 

Kris laughed “Well don’t look so down. It wouldn't hurt if we all just kept our fingers crossed.”

 

“True. We’ll cross them extra tight.” Luhan said smiling.

 

“Well I don’t know about you guys but I’m getting hungry” Sehun said as he got up to head to the kitchen.

 

“What are you gonna make bro? Need any help?” Kris asked already getting up.

 

“Uhhh I was thinking some sandwiches??”

 

“I mean we could but how about we make something else? I haven’t been in Korea for awhile I need me some homeland food.”

 

“We could make some bibimbap?”  Sehun said as he looked into the fridge. It seemed like they had everything they would need.

 

“Ooooh yeah let's do that!” Luhan cheered as he went over to the rice cooker to start on the rice.

 

They were almost done with the food when whimpering could be heard over the baby monitor.

 

“Someone's up from their nap” Sehun said as he wiped his hands on a towel already making his way to the stairs but was stopped by Luhan mid stride.

 

“Wait let me get her. You make sure to have her food ready.”

 

Sehun nodded and turned to look for Mina’s baby food. While Sehun was doing that Kris busied himself by setting the table.

 

“You know, I’m really happy for you Sehun.” Kris said as he brought over spoons and chopsticks to the table.

 

Sehun looked over at his brother with an eyebrow raised “umm thanks?”

 

Kris chuckled “I know it sounds odd and out of place but you have such a beautiful family. I hope that someday we’ll be doing something like this at my place.”

 

Sehun smiled at his brother. Kris was getting at that age where he wanted to settle down. He’d had plenty of girlfriends but none of them stuck around long enough to develop into something more. Kris’s job certainly didn't help since he travelled so much.

 

“We will. Don’t even stress about it.”

 

Kris nodded and went back to setting up the table. It was quiet for a few heartbeats before they heard a squealing Mina and Luhan's laughter as they came down the stairs.

 

Both Kris and Sehun turned their attention to the kitchens entrance as Luhan and Mina made their way in.

 

“Look Mina! We have a guest today! Do you know who it is?” Luhan asked Mina.

 

Kris waved at the baby making her become shy and hide her face in Luhan's neck. All the adults in the room laughed at how cute she was acting.

 

“Aww Mina, don't be shy. It's uncle Kris baby. Do you remember uncle Kris?”

 

Mina peeked over at Kris. Her eyes were filled with curiosity and when Kris smiled at her again she went back into hiding.

 

“I guess this is what happens when you don't visit often.” Kris said laughing.

 

“Nah you’re fine. She just woke up from a nap. She’ll warm up to you.” Sehun said as he came over to Luhan and pulled Mina into his arms.  Mina immediately snuggled into Sehuns chest and squealed in delight when Sehun started peppering her face with kisses. Sehun put her in her high chair while Kris and Luhan took their own seats at the table.

 

Lunch was filled with chatter and laughs as Luhan and Sehun caught up with Kris. Mina at one point decided that there wasn't enough attention on her so she squealed very loudly and talked her gibberish causing everyone at the table to coo and chuckle at her. Satisfied the baby girl giggled at her audience. It was nice and Sehun couldn’t help but be extremely happy that his brother had dropped by to visit.

 

When they finished eating Luhan and Sehun cleaned the table and dishes while Kris watched and played with Mina.

 

“He’s so good with her” Luhan commented as he passed dishes over to Sehun.

 

Sehun looked over his shoulder and smiled when he saw Kris making Mina laugh with one of her stuffed animals. “Yeah. I hope he makes it to her party.”

 

“It wouldn't feel the same if he wasn’t there.” Luhan agreed and then handed Sehun the last dish that needed to be put away.

 

“Do you know if he’s seeing anyone?”

 

Sehun turned wide eyes to his husband completely surprised for the change in conversation. “What?”

 

Luhan smiled up at Sehun mischief clear in his eyes “Has he told you anything about being in a relationship?”

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes at his husband knowing exactly what the other was planning “Babe...please don’t try to play matchmaker”

 

Luhan gasped in mock offense “You think I would do that?”

 

“Okay then why would you , a married man with a child,  need to know whether or not my older brother is seeing anyone?” Sehun asked putting a hand on his hip and raising a brow at Luhan.

 

Luhan stared right back at Sehun causing a brief stare down between both of them until Luhan finally puffed his cheeks and looked away. He hated when he lost to Sehun and his stupid intense eyes.

 

“Fiiiine. I do want to play matchmaker.” Luhan admitted

 

“Knew it.” Sehun replied smugly folding his arms in front of his chest.

 

“Oh whatever. Now is he dating someone yes or no?” Luhan demanded

 

Sehun was going to answer but Kris decided to appear right then with Mina in his arms.

 

“Hey guys...I think someone needs a diaper change” Kris said with concern looking down at Mina.

 

Sehun let out a breath in relief and reached for Mina “No worries. I got it!” he exclaimed escaping the glare Luhan would most definitely be throwing his way.

 

Soon after Kris left with promises of returning soon and reminding the couple to keep their fingers tightly crossed so that he could attend Mina’s first birthday party. Luhan and Sehun promised they would and watched Kris leave from the front door.

 

Sehun was holding Mina waving goodbye at his brother and showing Mina how to do it when suddenly Luhan said “Don’t think for a second that we don't have a pending conversation.” leaving Sehun speechless while Mina squealed in delight at her uncle's car driving away. Blissfully unaware of her parents ridiculous little drama.