Prologue

Golden Days

** 6 years ago***


Luhan  bit his lip in frustration. He was going to be so late.  He had told his boss over a million times that he absolutely could not be stay late. He had begged and had even gotten someone to cover him this one time. But of course Luhan’s bad luck never failed to make an appearance.  He was already late to clock out when his boss had come frantically yelling at him that he could not leave. Luhan worked as the personal assistant to a well known fashion designer. The woman, Rose,  could be very nice and fun to work with but clung to Luhan for dear life whenever things went a little wrong.  Tonight was just one classic example. Luhan had already made sure to that everything was laid out and ready for tomorrow's private viewing of his bosses recent collection. Everything to the last detail was pre-planned and checked out. The models had been confirmed, the photographer was booked, and the catering had been paid for. But as his luck would have it one of his bosses investors decided he wanted a private viewing tonight instead of tomorrow like originally planned.

 

“Luhan I need you! Please stay I swear you can have the day off tomorrow.”

 

“Rose, you know I can’t. I’ll call-”

 

“No! I need you! You’re the only one I trust to get everything ready please Luhan I swear I’ll even pay you even if you don’t show up tomorrow.” Rose begged holding on tight to Luhan's shirt.

 

“You owe me big time Rose.” Luhan consented. He knew how important this was to Rose and couldn't just leave her. He only hoped Sehun would understand.

 

“Ohh Luhan you are absolutely the best!” Rose cheered.

 

“Yeah yeah let me make a quick phone call”

 

“Oh do tell Sehun I’m sorry for keeping you. I know he already thinks I’m a horrible boss” Rose said already heading to the clothes rack to go over the outfits they would be showing tonight.

 

At the mention of his boyfriend's name Luhan let a small smile grace his lips, “He doesn’t think you're a horrible boss, but considering tonight's our anniversary I can’t say he’s going to be to happy with you.” Or me  he added internally.

 

“Ohhhh whatever you get the day off tomorrow. You can celebrate then.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes at his boss before heading to a different room to make his phone call. Luhan waited patiently for the other man to pick up. Mildly surprised when Sehun picked up on the third ring.


 

“Hey, are you on your way?” Sehun answered voice full of concern.

 

Luhan let out a sad sigh.  He wondered how long Sehun had been waiting for him. They were supposed to meet each other as soon as they each got out of work.

 

“Don’t tell me you have to stay late at work.” Sehun all but groaned when he heard Luhan sigh.

 

“I’m so sorry Sehun! Rose is going insane and I can’t really blame her one of her investors demanded to see her collection tonight and she needs me to oversee the event.” Luhan explained.

 

Sehun gave a very annoyed sigh on the other end, “But it's our anniversary couldn’t one of her other assistants cover for you?”

 

“I tried but she wouldn’t listen. I swear I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.” Luhan assured his boyfriend. He really couldn’t blame Sehun for being angry. Knowing him he probably had something special planned and Luhan just ruined it.

 

“I don’t know Lu knowing you you’ll just dash out the door as soon as she calls.” Sehun whinned.

 

“Aww don’t be like that! I swear I’ll make it up to you!. I have the day off tomorrow and if you’re worried I’ll come running to her side you can keep my phone for the whole day.” Luhan bargained. Although Sehun was clearly irritated he knew his boyfriend would forgive him.

 

“Promise?” Sehun asked

 

“Promise.” Luhan said with a nod feeling silly because Sehun obviously couldn’t see him

 

“Alright I guess, should I wait up for you?”

 

“No, I know you’re probably tired from work. I can’t even give you a good time for when I’ll be home.”

 

“I swear you do too much for her.”

 

“I know i know. Well I gotta go love you!”

 

“Love you too.”

 

And with that Luhan hung up the phone. He tried to hold back the sadness that threatened to consume him. This was probably the first time he had ever missed an anniversary in the three years of being with Sehun. He only hoped that they could make the best out of tomorrow. Taking a deep breath to compose himself Luhan went into work mode. He only had around two hours to get things set up and the sooner this viewing was done the sooner he could cuddle up to Sehun.

 

It was near two in the morning when Luhan was finally in front of their shared apartment building. The two of them had moved in together just last year and Luhan couldn’t be happier. Going to sleep and waking up to the same face was an extremely pleasant occasion. His stomach felt like it was full of butterflies just thinking of being able to lay down and cuddle with his Sehun.

 

After struggling to find his keys Luhan was finally able to open the door to his apartment. He took a step inside only to not move further from the entrance. Luhan looked at the room with wide eyes not sure if he had stepped into the right place. He looked around once more before stepping out of the apartment and checking the apartment number just to make sure he was in the right place. Just like he had thought on the door were the numbers 520. Yup this was his apartment. He stepped inside again and looked at all the candles that were lit up and the amount of rose petals that covered the entrance all the way towards the living room. All of the furniture had been removed and only a giant teddy bear sat in the middle of them room.

 

Luhan was shocked to say the least. He couldn’t believe his eyes. All he knew was that this had to have been Sehun’s surprise for him. His heart painfully clenched just thinking of the other. He looked around the room again but could see no sign of the other. Regaining strength in his legs Luhan took a tentative step forward and called out his boyfriends name.

 

“Sehun?”

 

Nothing.

 

He took another step forward and tried again.

“Sehun?”

 

Could he have gone to bed? Luhan wondered as he took more steps towards his room. He would hope the other hadn’t. He literally left a bunch of candles on. The whole apartment building could have burnt down. But as he kept walking he noticed that the candles weren’t real. They were the battery type which made him chuckle internally. Once he reached his room he was surprised to find that his boyfriend wasn’t there. Now Luhan was worried. Where could the other have possibly gone? And why didn’t he let him know? They almost never did anything without letting the other know. He was pulling out his phone when he heard the front  door opening and closing.

 

“Luhan? Babe you home yet?” he heard Sehun call out and Luhan felt relief instantly wash through him. He quickly made his way out of their room and found Sehun still by the doorway taking off his shoes.

 

“Sehun! You scared me half to death!!”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“First I get home greeted by all of this” Luhan gestures to the decorations “ which is really beautiful by the way, and then I call out your name and you don’t answer, so then I’m thinking how could you just leave all these candles on and and and where did you go?”Luhan finishes  half out of breath looking at Sehun expectantly.

 

Sehun walks over to him and pulls him into a hug. “I went for a walk. I actually left you a note on the fridge but I guess you totally missed it.”

 

Luhan gave his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips before pouting up at him “Why did you go on a walk this late?”

 

“I don’t know felt a little nervous.” Sehun confessed confusing Luhan.

 

“Nervous?”

 

“Uhmmmm”

 

“Sehun what could you-” and then Luhan couldn’t speak anymore because his boyfriend was slowly getting down  on one knee.

 

“Luhan, I wanted to do this a lot differently but I don’t really think it matters much at this point.”

 

Luhan’s brain felt like it was short circuiting. He couldn’t quite understand what was going on.

 

“Luhan we’ve been together for three years now and you have made me so incredibly happy. I know we just recently moved in together but I can honestly say that you are the only person I want to ever wake up to see.”

 

Luhan blinked and was surprised to feel tears falling down his cheeks but still couldn’t form words. His throat felt closed up. His heart beating erratically.

 

Sehun let out a nervous chuckle before going on “What I’m trying to get at Lu is I want this for forever. I don’t want this to ever end. I actually wouldn’t even dream of it because I know I would have to be dead to ever let you go.”

 

Luhan couldn’t help but laugh at this. Trust Sehun to have some morbid thing to say while being romantic.

 

Sehun cracked a smile then “So Lu will you m-”

 

Luhan didn’t let him finish he knelt down so fast and flung himself at his boyfriend. He kissed the others repeatedly mumbling incoherent yes’s between every kiss. His last yes came with a firm kiss on Sehun's lips.

 

***Present***

 

Luhan woke to the sound of chirping. He blinked a couple times in an attempt at getting rid of the drowsiness when he remembered something very important. Realization struck him so hard it had him sitting straight up in bed and shaking his still sleeping husband awake

 

“Sehun!! Sehun!!” he exclaimed when the shaking only made the other bury his face in the pillows.

 

“Sehun come on!! We’re going to be -” Luhan was cut off when Sehun decided to get up only to throw his arms around Luhan's waist and pull him down with him onto the pillows.

 

Caging the other in his arms Sehun closed his eyes and pressed his lips to the others forehead. This only served to annoy Luhan immensely as he struggled against Sehun's hold.

 

“Sehun please! Get up! Come on we’re going to be late!!”

 

“Lu the meeting isn’t till one relax. You’re not gonna be able to do this later on.”

 

Luhan let out a huff “I’m aware but that doesn’t mean we can just lay in bed all morning.”

 

“You’re no fun you know that?”

 

“Ohh really? Guess who’s sleeping on the couch tonight?”

 

It was those words that had Sehun let go of Luhan and give up trying to stay in bed.

 

“Yeah that's what I thought” Luhan said getting out of bed and heading for the bathroom.

 

Sehun let out a sigh. He couldn’t remember when was the last time he won against Luhan. They had been together for almost ten years and had been married for almost six. It was a little depressing to think that in all that time he had never won against the other. Not that anyone could fault him. Luhan was almost impossible to say no to. Especially when he batted those big brown eyes at him.  He sat up in bed deciding that extra sleep now wasn’t worth it if Luhan wasn’t going to be next to him.

 

He had to admit he was feeling a little anxious. Today was a big day in both of their lives. Today they would be meeting with a social worker who would walk them through the steps of adopting. Luhan had been through the roof when they had finally gotten confirmation for the meeting. He remembered how much Luhan cheered and dance around the house the whole day. Luhan had always wanted children. He absolutely adored his nieces and nephews so Sehun wasn’t all too surprised when Luhan had brought up adopting. Sehun had been a little scared at first. He liked kids and enjoyed babysitting his nieces and nephews as much as Luhan did, but he wasn’t sure if he was parent material. He wasn’t sure if he would make a good dad, or at least one that Luhan would be proud of. Of course Luhan had convinced him otherwise and told him that no parent was perfect. They didn’t have to be so long as they loved their child. And Sehun would do anything to make Luhan happy. His fears were still there but the idea of raising a child with Luhan was so nice he was able to look past them.

 

Stretching while sitting up in bed Sehun pushed any negative thoughts out of his head. He headed to the bathroom with determined steps. Everything would be different after today but as long as he had Luhan with him he knew he would be okay.


 

“Okay you brought the papers right?” Luhan asked as he got into the car.

 

“Yup they’re in my briefcase.” Sehun said as he put his seat belt on.

 

“And you made sure to make copies of everything?” Luhan asked fixing his hair in the mirror.

 

“Yes. I showed you last night remember? Sehun replied as he backed the car out of the drive way.

 

From the corner of his eye he could see Luhan shot a look before he said anything, “Sehun I’m just making sure we have everything! I don’t want to give them a reason to deny us.”

 

“Luhan relax. Everything will be okay.“ Sehun said taking Luhan's hand in his and giving it a gentle squeeze.

 

Luhan took a deep breath. “I know I know I’m just really excited about this. Just think Sehun we’re actually starting a family now!”

 

Sehun chuckled at Luhan's enthusiasm, “You sure you’re not gonna miss your job because of this?”

 

“You act like I can’t work from home. Plus this is worth it. What you don’t think so?”

 

“I do. I just want to make sure you’re still one hundred percent about this.”

 

“I feel like I should be asking you that.” Luhan said giving Sehun a once over.

 

“Babe if you’re ready I’m ready.”

 

Luhan must of that was a good answer because the next thing Sehun felt was Luhan's sweet lips on his cheeks.


 

Sehun was pretty sure they would get the okay. For the most part they both had pretty good jobs. Luhan was an editor for a popular fashion magazine. He had left his job with Rose after feeling like he never had time for anything besides work. Rose and him had been sour for awhile but luckily they were now still pretty good friends. Sehun worked as an architect. He was part of one the best groups in the whole city.   He had been the one to design the house he and Luhan now lived in. Thanks to Luhan's pre-planning the whole house was now completely child proof. They had done everything according to the books. There was nothing to worry about and yet as they got closer to their destination he felt butterflies in his stomach flutter as much as the night he had asked Luhan to marry him.


He put the car in park and grabbed his suitcase. Taking Luhan's hand in his they walked up the building. Each of them thinking, Here goes nothing

 

 

 

A/N: So i wrote a new story. Been working on this for awhile. I hope you guys like it. IAM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY OTHER THREE STORIES....but like hey life... either way thanks...see you soon...bye? ( I mgh be a little drunk as I write this! kthanksbye)