Big Boy

Big Boy

Jimin laid curled up on his side in the big bed. He had woken up about an hour or so ago but didn't want to risk moving.

His boyfriend, Hoseok, laid still beside him, still deep in sleep.

The elder had been doing so much lately, the younger almost felt guilty so, he decided it'd be better of he'd let him sleep.

Jimin creeped leisurely out from underneath the warm covers, the bottom part of his sleeping shirt ruffled up his tummy. Hoseok had picked out his bedtime clothes last night after taking care of him all day, Jimin had a bad day that day and just needed some taking care of, this was the remains of that particular day.

His top and bottoms matched, being a pattern of little cartoon candies littering the white fabric of them and he had his baby blue paci secured tightly between his thick lips.

He shuddered once his bare feet touched the cold ground but ignored it and walked into the bathroom. He laid the paci down reluctantly and grabbed his toothbrush and brushed his teeth.

Daddy would be proud of Jiminie for brushing his teeth all by himself.

Jimin shook his head lightly. No. Now was not the time, Daddy- Hoseok - was tired. It was time for Jimin to be a big boy now.

The younger sighed and went back into the bedroom, he changed his clothes quietly, a pair of basketball shorts and a loose shirt, and then walked out and towards the kitchen.

He walked around, a bit awkwardly considering he was still in little space, but he'd get over it soon, he hopes. 

Jimin made his way to the fridge and pulled out something to cook, bacon and eggs seemed simple enough, yeah, he could do that.

He got a pan and sat it on the stove and turned the stove top on. He opened the bacon and got out a few pieces, making faces as he did so, and laid them on the pan which immediately started sizzling, causing Jimin to jump back at the noise.

Jimin peeked around the corner to make sure Hoseok hadn't woken up, and once the cost seemed clear, he went back to the pan. He could see some of the grease popping from it and eyed it warily. He took a spatula and tried flipping them over, so far so good.

He did this a few more tines before a loud noise was heard, the grease popping again, and not only that, but popping onto the tender skin of his arm.

And Jimin couldn't help when his eyes started to well up with tears. He tried blinking them away but that just made it worse, and before he knew it, he was crying, even though his arm no longer hurt.

Apparently, he had been crying louder than he intended because a panicked looking Hoseok came rushing into the kitchen.

"Jimin?" He heard the elder question but the younger only shook his head reluctantly.

"Baby," Hoseok corrected softly, "Why didn't you wake Daddy up?"

Jimin sobbed as the guilt ate at him a bit more, "B-Because Daddy has b-been taking care of J-Jiminie s-so much already."

"Baby boy," Hoseok cooed at him, walking forward and turning the stove off, "Daddy always has time for his little boy."

"B-But Daddy was s-so tired a-and Jiminie thought he could be a b-big boy."

Hoseok glanced at him sadly.

Oh no, now Jiminie made Daddy sad.

He let out another small sob, "D-Don't be m-mad at Jiminie. H-He can be a b-big boy for Daddy."

"No, baby." Hoseok said sternly, "You don't have to be big for Daddy," He walked forward and embraced Jimin gently, letting the small boy cry into his neck, "You are Daddy's little boy and there is nothing wrong with that."

Then came the muffled words that were pressed into the elder's neck, "J-Jiminie is Daddy's little boy?"

Hoseok smiled, "Of course, baby. Always," He curled his hand into Jimin's hair and softly pulled his head out of his neck, "Does my little boy want to come lay back down with Daddy? And change back into your jammies?"

Jimin sniffled, his cheeks a soft pink from crying, and nodded.

Then Hoseok led them back into their room, changing Jimin's clothes, and slipped the paci back into the younger's mouth carefully, priding himself in the shy grin he got in return, and snuggled his precious little boy back into his chest.

Naps with Daddy could beat being a big boy any day.