♥ 둘 ♥

My Life Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Koreatown was a tourist spot.

As such, work for me was always busy. Especially in the Summertime, when more tourists came around. I made decent tips as a waitress, mind you, but sometimes it was extremely overwhelming.

Most teens get to spend their summer having fun. Not me. My mother insists on working over the summers. I've tried to wiggle out of this, trust me, but there are just some things with my mom that you have to let go.

For instance, she would keel over if she ever found out that I actually applied to an art school instead of NYU as a law major. I feel like she puts all this pressure on me to work and have extra circulars because she wants me to go into law and politics. 

I, however, do not want to do that. I don't want to be my mom, with her pristine credentials, flawless make up, and queen of the pant suits. I don't want to be uptight, a perfectionist, and a public figure. I just want to be me.

Yoo Jieun.

It was my break time and usually I'll just take it in the back room, but, today I decided to just sit and eat at the bar so I could watch the afternoon Baseball game. 

The New York Yankees were playing the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field (aka Jacobs Field aka The Jake). Now you might think because I live in New York I like the Yankees, but the total opposite is true. I'm actually a die hard Cleveland Indians fan.

They are the true underdog's of the American League and definitely would have won against the Chicago Cubs last year if they hadn't been riddled with injuries from their star players.

Anyway, I digress.

I was watching the screen intently, shoveling fries into my mouth (I'm hungry I can't help it). It's the top of the fifth and we're tied 3-3 with two runners on first and third and our power bat, Santana, at the plate.

If he can get a hit and score at least an RBI we can gain the lead. The suspense was nerve wracking. 

You can hear the Indians announcer, Hamilton (aka Hammy), on the TV. "And here comes the three two pitch. Runners on first and third."

I have my absolute undivided attention on the game.  So much attention, that I didn't notice someone had sat down next to me. 

When the three two pitch came, and Santana made contact with the ball, the crowd (on TV) went wild as it sailed towards the homerun wall. Up, Up, and.....GONE! We now a six-three lead. Any lead or win over the Yankee's is a good day in my book.

"WHOO! GO TRIBE GO!" I jumped from the bar stool, cheering loudly and clapping my hands. The restaurant was at a lul (lunch rush had ended a little while ago) and so there weren't many eyes on me.

When I'd calmed down, I'd heard a deep chuckle on my left.

I slowly turned my head, coming into contact with Cha Hakyeon's beautiful brown eyes. His hand was propped up against the counter, holding up his head. He had a cute smile on his face and, that delightful smell...oh my is that cologne?

Whatever it was, I could inhale it all day.

"Avid Baseball fan, huh?" I sheepishly laughed, hiding my face behind my long hair. 

"Was it that obvious?" 

He smiled, stealing a fry from my plate. "A little." he popped it into his mouth.

"You should watch my team play sometime. We're pretty decent." I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped open.

"You're a Baseball player?"  I could die. I don't exactly broadcast it, but I have a MAJOR thing for baseball players.

He gave me that smile again, the one that made my pulse quicken, and pointed towards the TV.

"Same as your buddy Lindor over there. West Port High's resident short stop." CAN I JUST MARRY YOU? LAWD.

I took a few fries. "Should I dare to ask who your favorite team

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter