다섯.☾

Life on the line

 

 

 

_Kai_

He was walking aimlessly on the streets trying to think if it would be a good idea to go into his class for a little meditation or not. He looked up at the stars that were shining brightly today when he was in front of his school. It was dark, no wonder, it is not allowed to be in school that late but something pulled Kai in. Although it was not permitted to go to school during these hours, Kai had figured out that they only have one janitor who looks after the house and half of the time leaves around ten, not closing the doors behind him because of the cameras. The cameras are however only used during a break-in and that hasn't happened since ... since ever, so he was safe. 

So there he is sitting on the floor a small candle in front of him, mind empty.

‘the room looks so different in the dark’ he thought closing his eyes and starting to breathe in deeply.

After a few minutes, he felt his body floating on air, hands falling on both sides when he smiled seeing his granny standing in his own room.

“Nice to see you again” She smiled and pulled out a white dove from her pocket patting it softly.

“This is for you” she stepped closer and showed the tender small animal to Kai. “Take good care of it, honey.”

Kai was speechless, he felt tears rolling down his cheeks as he stepped closer to her granny, hands forward trying to feel the dove when she pulled back.

 

“He is here!” She whispered looking at the dove placing it behind her dress once again. She kissed Kai goodbye and left leaving him alone in his room.

He started breathing shallower when he was suddenly back in the room staring at the ceiling with a smile on his face when he saw somebody peeking into the classroom.

He panicked and blew out the candle feeling how his heartbeat quickened thinking he is busted and possibly expelled because he has been here before.

The person almost flew into the room with a little gasp talking to somebody.

 Kai felt a bit more at ease and he lit the candle, just to test the ground.

‘Who is this?’ he thought staring at the person who was walking rather slowly looking around.

Have I seen him before?’ Kai was thinking as he saw the figure walking around moonlight and stars lighting the way for him when he suddenly made eye contact with Kai and ran away panicking.

“!” Kai cursed and ran after him but once he was in the hallway the boy was already gone. 

 

 

*  *  *  *  *

 

 

Baekhyun was walking around the school trying to locate one person … Kai.  ‘working’ with Kyungsoo has always been interesting for him and let’s just say he has done his homework about the boy he was trying to find.

It was lunch and wasn’t it the best time to locate someone?

‘Let’s see, he doesn’t have any friends so he isn’t in the popular table, girls table, geeks table …’

 “Oh!” Baekhyun saw Kai but he was already staring at him … “Teachers seats, perfect” Baekhyun told himself walking towards him.

“Hey, the seat free?” He smiled happily.

“Sure” Kai smiled.

Mayday, mayday ... he saw me!!!!

“You new here, I haven’t seen you around” Kai asked.

“Freshman yes” he smiled and opened the milk bottle placing the phone next to him.

“I am Kai”

“Baekhyun”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Same, hey what are you learning?”

“Chatty, are we?” Kai smirked and looked next to Baekhyun.

“Eemmmn … yes,” Baekhyun laughed.

“Biology actually.”

“OoOH, that is fun!”

“Yeah, it really is sometimes.” Kai tried to smile but something stopped him.

“Hey, you alright? You look kind of in pain” Baekhyun asked with a worried face.

“Fine” He raised his hand “Nice meeting you but I need to run, okay.”

Kyungsoo??

“What? No no no no” Baekhyun jumped up suddenly making people around him frown.

He called Kyungsoo immediately trying to find him

“He comes to You, HIDE!” He screamed to Kyungsoo.

“Huh?

“Kai!”

“” Kyungsoo cursed “Where are you?”

“Cafeteria”

“I’ll be there.”

Baekhyun looked around suddenly feeling chills “Thanks for helping us.”

 

 

“How do you know?” Kyungsoo asked standing in front of him.

“Luhan told me and his face went so weird like yours when you see those future things” Baekhyun pointed to Kyungsoo’s face.

“Yeah, I was thinking of him”

“So, he understands when people are seriously thinking about him?”

We all have our powers you know

“Did you know they call him the son of evil? Kyungsoo said suddenly.

Baekhyun just looked up with confused eyes.

“Kai I mean, people don’t understand him. So they think he is possessed or something”

“That makes sense why the table was empty”

“He is one special guy,” Luhan said with his usual big smile. “He could even sense me when I was not showing myself”

“Do you know he was not looking at me when we spoke, always next to me or around me or …” Baekhyun stirred the drink In his hands looking around.

“Yeah, he has more powers than we thought”

“That is So COOL!” Baekhun suddenly lit up. “He could be our friend and we’d be like a gang or something”

Yes yes yesssssss

Kyungsoo just frowned and started walking towards the next class they had together not showing his light smile that has formed on his face.