일곱. ☾

Life on the line

 

 


 

They were on the roof looking at the distance when the lady came. “It has been a while” she smiled and breathed in the fresh air making Kyunsgoo cry.

“Ready?”

“Ready”

Kyungsoo wiped away his tears from his dark green eyes and placed the sunflowers on the floor making Kai cry even harder “It was her favorite!” he sobbed kneeling down from the exhaustion.

He took a piece of baby blue paper from the pocket and slowly walked closer to the lady making a sign over her shadow mumbling few words tears falling down at the same time. No matter how many times he has done it, he is never used to it.

“Off you go … my dear” Kyungsoo said with a push and threw the last sunflower to her. As she touched the flower she gasped and softly started to fade away. She blew the last kiss towards shaking Kai who was looking at her tears still sliding down his sun-kissed skin.

“Thank you,” she said to Kyungsoo and disappeared with a slight cold wind taking the flowers with her.

Kyunsgoo looked back at her for a few minutes admiring the sky, the wind, the birds and turned towards Kai who was just a mess.

“Let’s go” he whispered and held Kai up walking home.

 

 

 

 

“So You are the one who will send them away” Kai looked at the cup in his hands a brown comfy blanket on his broad shoulders.

“You can say so”

“How did you find out?”

Kyungsoo looked at Kai, “I don’t even know, I just did”

 

“She was my granny” Kai started, “She was a teacher in this class, but I never saw her so I thought.”

“Yeah, she was a real pain in the but I kind of miss her.”

“Why didn’t she show herself to me” Kai held the blanket closer sliding down on his side.

It was quiet once again, Kyungsoo didn’t know what to say but it seemed like he didn’t need to. Kai was fast asleep hands hugging his knees. He pulled the blanket over Kai and took his mug.

"Because once you saw her, she was destined to go," Kyungsoo whispered.

“The bags around his eyes are no joke,” Luhan said with a worried face.

“Good job today” he smiled and looked at Kyungsoo, “She made it.”

“Thanks, and yeah ...” He looked at the boy on his sofa. “It was harder for me, I don’t know why”

“You’ll find out soon” Luhan whispered and hopped away happily making Kyungsoo smile.

 

 

“Psst, You wanna play?” Luhan was trying to poke Kai, but he did not move at all. “Kai?” Luhan tried again a bit louder. “Kaiiiiiiii!” he yelled but there was still no answer. Suddenly he heard a loud bang from the other room

“What the hell?” Kyungsoo came out of the room cursing, eyes still half-closed. “What are you doing?”

“Kai is dead” Luhan cried to Kyunsgoo who was stretching himself.

“Yeah, sure,” he rolled his eyes and sat down next to Kai patting his head softly making the man shudder. “See?” he stood up but was pulled back down.

“Don’t stop” Kai murmured not moving himself making Kyungsoo blush and Luhan laugh.

He opened his one eye, looking at Kyungsoo, “Why did you stop?” He asked with a soft voice.

“I … I did n…not?” Kyungsoo muttered and continued patting his head

“Well, I’ll give you two some privacy,” Luhan said teasingly and softly floated away.

 

“Thanks” Kai smiled “for everything really”.

“I haven’t done anything,” Kyungsoo said standing up. “You want something to eat?”

“You have done so much for me and you don’t even know it yet” Kai muttered to himself. “Tea would be nice” he said louder thinking about the dream he had with his granny.

“Kyungsoo, do you know what a dove means?”

“In a dream?”

Kai just nodded and walked over to Kyungsoo to help him make tea.

“It is a symbol for peace, loyalty and deep understanding it is pretty much for deep love that will last forever,” Kyungsoo explained pouring the hot water. “You saw it?”

“Yeah, and it was pretty interesting actually.” Kai sat down like he had been in the house for thousands of time before. “My granny came smiling, she apologized and then she showed me a little white dove, it was beautiful really and then …” he frowned trying to think of it. “And then he showed me you and said thank you but there was a big spider next to you and … well, something like that” Kai looked at Kyungsoo with a worried face who just nodded.

“I feel like you are the dreamer?”

“Huh?”

“I am the sender and you are the dreamer, who can see the future, past and anything important in their dreams … it is pretty powerful actually.”

“It is cool!” Kai laughed, “but I can’t sleep so often.”

“Same, thanks to Luhan.” Kyungsoo laughed and stood up. “I need to go to school.”

“Oh well … “ Kai looked around trying to think of something.

“Don’t worry it is just two hours, You can stay here if you want.”

“Really?” Kai’s face lit up.

“Sure thing, just entertain Luhan if he needs it”

“entertain or entertain?” Kai asked with a smirk looking into Kyungsoo eyes.

“entertain as in play” Kyunsgoo answered sweetly exiting the door. “Have fun” he smirked and closed the door feeling a slight blush creeping up from his cheeks.