여섯. ☾

Life on the line

 

 


 

It was Monday afternoon but since he had no classes and he didn’t want anything to do with Luhan. So he sat in the café nearby his home with a hot beverage in front of him. Talk about luxury.

“Double espresso please” Kyungsoo looked up from his book meeting eyes with the one and only Kai. ‘He looks so tired’ He thought still looking at the boy who was now walking toward him.

“Do I know you?” He asked and flopped down to the sofa in front of Kyungsoo.

“Do you?” He raised one eyebrow and examined the tired boy trying to keep as cool as possible and not freak out.

“I think so but I am not so sure” Kai answered gulping down the espresso-making Kyungsoo mouth fall open. “What?” He shrugged. “I am tired as hell, now if you excuse me I am going to sleep … if I can” He stood up and wobbled to the door.

“Well, that was fun!” Kyungsoo thought and went back to his book.

 

“Do I know him?” Kai was trying to stay awake until he reaches home which was right here but the stairs … “who put the stairs there? I definitely do, I mean he looked so familiar and all ... Oh damn, I am too tired for that."

 

He opened the front door and pretty much fell on the sofa falling asleep almost immediately.

 

 

 

 

“Okay” Kyungsoo mumbled walking towards the classroom he loved.

“Hello, my dear!” The lady greeted everybody who entered the room with a deep bow making Kyungsoo smirk.

Once seated down it was Kyungsoo’s turn to start the examination and voila. Kai was sitting in the front with a pencil in his mouth. ‘Well, he did get some rest’  

“Checking out my boy over there?” The lady floated in front of Kyungsoo hands on his table and a small smirk on her face.

“Kai?” Kyungsoo asked. “Why was I in his room?” He continued not paying attention to the boy next to him who was very uncomfortable with him talking to the wall for some reason.

“Well, you do know our rules sweety, we can’t tell you anything.” The lady moved out of the way, so Kyungsoo was able to look at Kai again but like always he was already staring at him.

 

“What, is he crying?” Kyungsoo asked being worried but the lady was already gone and so was Kai who ran out of the door.

“He saw me!” The lady was back in front of Kyungsoo with a power that he has never felt before.

“You are scaring me,” Kyungsoo said with a frown.

“Well you should be scared because it is ed up!!” the lady yelled and flipped the table making the boy next to Kyunsgoo run away.

“Bathroom, NOW!”

“Well, a better idea than to stay here when they are all staring at me,” Kyugsoo muttered to himself and walked out of the class with a smile pulling the table up on the way.

 

 

“You are not coming in?” Kyungsoo asked the lady when they reached the bathroom. 

“You serious, can’t you read?” she pointed to the Boys sign on the door making Kyungsoo roll his eyes.

Hearing the soft sobs coming from the bathroom he gently knocked on the door asking if everything is alright.

“Fine” Kai said back. “Now leave”

“Can’t!” Kyungsoo said, “open up please”

“No!”

“Oh come on!” Kyungsoo groaned and sat on the floor hugging his legs.

After a few minutes of silence Kai started moving.

“How ….” he straightened himself and opened the door being face to face with Kyungsoo.

“How do you … She is there?” He asked again hot tears falling down his cheeks.

“Yes,” Kyungsoo said softly looking at the floor getting up. Suddenly he felt a pair of hands around his waist.

He didn’t move, just patted the head on his shoulder tears falling to his shirt.

“Kyungsoo” the door suddenly opened up with a bang showing worried Baekhyun. “Are you okay?” He asked looking at the situation in front of him. “Kai?”

He pushed himself off Kyungsoo and formed a slight smile on his lips.

“He just didn’t listen to me” Luhan appeared next to him pouting sweetly looking very much like Baekhyun at the moment.

“They look similar!” Kai’s smile grew wider looking at Kyungsoo who seemed lightly disappointed.

“We don’t!” they said at the same time making both of the guys giggle in front of them.

They look good?

Baekhyun opened the message and looked at his friend next to the tall tanned guy “They really do”

...

..

...

“They DO!” he yelled after a while and looked around. “Oh my god, this is it?”

Secret?

“Yeah, but” he looked at his phone again … “Sure”

“What?” Kyunsgoo asked with raised eyebrow looking at Luhan.

“Hahahahaa …” he laughed and just faded away.

“No!” Baekhyun said with a pointed finger and walked out.

“So, we are friends?” Kai asked shily making Kyungsoo smile softly. “Why not!”

“Just don’t come into my room again”

“It is really your room?” Kyunsgoo asked him thinking hard “Why do I go there?”

Kai just shrugged his shoulders “Don’t know”

 

“Kyungsoo” the lady called him waiting behind the door.

“Seriously, you don’t come in because it is the boy's room?” He tapped his foot to the floor hands on his hips.

“Fine, fine” the lady gave up and walked inside carefully looking at Kai who was crying once again.

She looked into his eyes with the softest face Kyungsoo has ever seen. “You have grown up well my dear.” She stood by the door a while, just looking at the boys on the floor. With a smile, she came closer and caressed Kai's cheeks. "You are doing so well and I am so sorry." She stood up and looked at Kyungsoo "I am ready!" He nodded and got up, still holding Kai by the waist. 

"Ready for what?" Kai stepped closer to her, and his whole heart fell to the ground once he saw her eyes. Everything was as in slow-mo and he knew. "No, I just ..." he looked at Kyungsoo with furrowed brows, whispering, "no."