열 다섯 . ☾

Life on the line

 

‘Yesss, good idea Kyungsoo’ he patted himself and jumped under the blankets locking the door behind him.

He closed his tired eyes trying to breathe in deeply but nothing …

“Damn it!” he whispered.

After a few minutes of rolling around, he finally dozed off.

“This won’t help” he saw the usual man in front of him.

“Please!” Kyungsoo pleaded with teary eyes.

“You know how it works, don’t you?” he smiled bitterly and walked away hands in pockets, “I don’t like it either.”

He waked up to a loud bang in his room groaning in pain seeing a light pink paper with two lilies on his table. Shutting his eyes tight, he still wished it wasn't true, maybe if to ignore it? 

No.

He got up and looked at the paper in front of him tears forming in his eyes. Slowly making his way toward the door, he opened it and looked at his friends. 

“It is time” he whispered, hoping no one would hear him. “I am sorry” he choked out when seeing Baekhyuns face.

"It is okay” Bakhyun whispered and hugged his friend. Kyungsoo looked into his eyes feeling the warmness of his friend feeling a little bit better. “Here!” He gave one of the flowers to him. “When the time comes, give it to him.”

He straightened himself and looked at Luhan who was standing in the middle of the room eyes playful like always. “I can’t!” Kyungsoo turned around falling onto his knees, tears falling down his cheeks. 

“I believe in You!” Luhan said softly heart feeling heavy. “Will he remember me?” He asked looking at Baekhyun. “Forever!” Kai smiled and pulled Kyungsoo up. “You can do it” he dried his tears and kissed him on the forehead before stepping away.

“It is time” he said once again locking eyes with Luhan. He took out the little paper from his pocket mumbling something stepping closer to him. “You can show himself now” he whispered.

“Lu…Luhan??” Baekhyun screamed pointing at the young boy in front of him. “You look just like me, so young” he cried holding onto Kai. “Thank You! I wanted you to be able to see me, even it is just for a second.” Luhan said softly. “The flower?” Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with his green eyes startling him. “To you” Baekhyun sniffed and placed the flower below the floating boy. Dropping the flower he took his time to look at his friend. He moved his hand closer and closer until he was able to feel the warmth of the body in front of him. Baekhyun's eyes doubled and he tried to touch Luhan's hand but his hand went straight through. "Still not alive," Luhan smirked and looked at Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo walked around Luhan taking his time. He needs to do it perfectly. "I have no regrets, I have nothing else to add, thank you," Kyungsoo whispered before he threw him the very last touch of his life. “Off You go.” 

“Wait for me” Baekhyun shouted before he faded away with a smile on his lips.

“Thank You,” Kai said feeling the breeze of fresh air on his skin.

 

After few second Kyungsoo breathed in shakily, he looked at his trembling hands as his legs just gave up and he fell on the floor not being able to control his feelings nor body.  Kai ran towards Kyungsoo hugging him “You did well.”

“I saw him” Baekhyun smiled through the tears looking at his phone.

“It wasn’t easy for him”

“I know” he smiled and saved the message he had received.

“We will miss him” Kai said.

“Something tells me he is not going to go anywhere from us.” Baekhyun said rather happily making Kyungsoo feel a bit better.  

 

“He will wait for us to join him.”

“He will protect us”

“He will be right by our side”