넷. ☾

Life on the line

 

 


 

 

It was that time of the week again, Kyungsoo slowly made his way to the classroom where he had the most boring class in the history. He sat down making the person next to him stand up suddenly and take a new seat futher away. Kyungsoo just sighted and played with his pen in his hands looking around with tired eyes. 

“Good morning” the lady greeted him but this time something stirred in Kyungsoo. He had heard this voice somewhere else.

“How are we today?” she asked again.

“You were there” Kyungsoo mumbled and looked pretty scary suddenly. “Why?”

The lady sighted “I didn’t believe you’d recognize me.” She jumped up and floated all the way to the front of the class making people shiver as she did so.

“You see!” she said loudly. “Today, when there is nobody here, I’ll wait you here.” She looked around the class trying to make eye contact with the student making Kyungsoo roll his eyes.

“Don’t you roll Your eyes!” she jelled standing in front of Kyungsoo making him almost fell down the chair like always. “I’ll wait for you here tonight … alone!”

 

 

*  *  *  * 

 

 

“What do you mean alone?” Baekhyun pouted “Doesn’t she know I am ALWAYS with you?”

“Yeah!” Kyungsoo was thinking. “Should I go?”

“Hell yes, I mean” Baekhyun jumped up and keeled in front of Kyungsoo. “This is so fun, just go and see what she wants you to understand, just don’t get caught. In the meantime, I will be here trying to play with Luhan”

“Yess, playing again!” Luhan shouted suddenly coming out of the drawer.

“Can you not always shout?” Kyungsoo covered his ears trying to fake that he was not startled. "My energy levels compared to you two are non-existent."

"How can you live with such an emotionless poker-face all the time?" Luhan asked Kyungsoo, "Not emotionless, just not as energetic."

“Hey, Luhan!” Baekhyun jumped up and took out the came for today.

“Okay.” Kyungsoo breathed in deeply. “I am going to go then!”

“Hey, I can come with you,” Luhan said running around Baekhyun with the happiest smile on his face.

“I need to be alone!”

“Oh, well …” Luhan looked at him “Just see him yourself and come back, well save you some popcorn” Luhan smiled and popped on the floor looking happily as Baekhyun was taking out the papers.

"Her", Kyungsoo said,

"Huh?" Luhan looked up.

"Meet her."

"Sure," Luhan smiled softly and focused on Baekhyun.

 

 

The school was dark, he didn’t even see the janitor in the hallways. “Weird” 

After just standing there for a while and listening if someone is there he carefully slipped himself to the teacher's room looking for the box on the wall with keys. "There you are" he smiled and opened the box seeing at least a hundred different keys in front of him. "Class 207, 576, janitor, teacher, gym " he was trying to look for the right key when suddenly he heard whistling coming from the corridor. “” he mumbled and run as fast as he could toward the exit leaving the door open behind him. 

“You made it!” The lady said suddenly sitting on the windowsill in front of Kyungsoo.  

“What are you doing here?” He looked around.

“You weren’t leaving, were you?” the lady stood up and was now in front of Kyungsoo.

“The keys are gone!” He waved with his hands looking for a place to hide. 

“Because the door is open maybe?” The lady rolled her eyes and flew away with a little tune. 

"Damn it," Kyungsoo cursed and hid behind the corner, listening to the whistling getting closer by the minute. 

After a few minutes of total silence, he looked around eyes being used to the dark now. He was alone once again and he started walking up the stairs towards the classroom. It was open, just as the lady said. He popped his head in carefully, it was so quiet, only the moonlight shining through the huge windows.

“What are you waiting for?” Kyungsoo almost had a heart attack right there. “Would you stop scaring me?” He hissed and entered the room.

The room was so different in the darkness with no one around, 200 chairs, all alone, all resting. In the other side of the classroom however, was a warm flickering light. 'A candle?' Kyungsoo thought, 'what is a candle doing here?' He lowered himself and slowly went closer. The air around him grew thicker as the heart in his chest started pounding. "Is that?" he tilted his head and with a heartbeat, he rushed out of the classroom running to the street not paying any more attention to the lady, candle or the boy.

 

 

*  *  *  * 

 

 

Baekhyun was looking at the dices that were rolling around on the game “Six and one” he screamed and jumped up. “I won!”

“Damn it! Luhan hissed. He was looking around trying to find something …

“Phone!” He looked at the phone opening it making Baekhyun gasp.

After a while, Baekhyun was able to stand up and look at his sweet phone.

He’ll be here In five, better clean up?

“You are a genius!” Baekhyun said. “But it is not that messy?” he looked around the room feeling the chills.

Suddenly the door opened and Kyungsoo walked in.

“Well … Kai. Let’s get all the information about him we can collect!”

“Kai?” Baekhyun asked but he was interrupted with a message.

The boy he met there

“Ooooh, got it. But Kai?”

“He is definitely from our school but wait … what was that?” He asked getting a handful of popcorn.

“Luhan can text me!!” Baekhyun jumped happily towards Kyungsoo showing him the messages proud Luhan next to him. “Cool,” he mumbled.

“What is he like?” Baekhyun asked.

“Didn’t saw him but he is the guy from my dreams and he is like me?” Kyungsoo looked at Luhan who was nodding happily.

“That is so cool but what is it all about really?” Baekhyun asked looking up from the computer he just opened. “Oh, Kim Kai, he is a sophomore, studying biology and he does not have Instagram”

“How is that possible?” Kyungsoo looked at his friend with big eyes cheeks full with popcorn. "Nor Facebook."

“Maybe he don’t have friends?”

Kyungsoo don’t have friends, but he has it

“Secrets” Baekhyun raised his finger. “He has some deep secrets or he is just depressed”

“He is depressed indeed,” Luhan said happily to Kyungsoo.

“What happened?”

Luhan looked around with busted face …. “Hah, look at the time I must go now!” and he disappeared.

“Why doesn’t he tell us the story?” Baekhyun closed the laptop.

“Can’t, but he is true, it is late. Let’s go to sleep. Tomorrow I have a class in there let’s see what I can find”

 

 

I am getting pretty good at it, today I even felt when he left and we were alone, it was fun J J J Baekhyun was under his blanket writing into his diary, the phone next to him just to be sure when Luhan comes back.

He was peeking out of his little castle looking around the dark room hearing how Kyungsoo was breathing softly, he slid out of the bed and placed the diary into his bag. “Good night” he whispered and went to sleep.

Night!