Resolution

My Favorite Wife (a SuJu retelling)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The early evening light poured through the company building windows, painting the walls and floors in orange and pink colors. Leeteuk stepped through the empty corridor toward the elevator. He let out a sigh as a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. Work was over for the day and he was ready to enjoy the weekend with his wife and children.

He pressed the button for the elevator and waited, hands in his pockets. After a few seconds, the elevator doors slid open. His eyes fell upon the woman inside the elevator, her body perched atop the handrail, her legs dangling. 

Eunmi looked up from her phone, her face breaking out into a smile as her eyes met his. "Hey Leeteuk," she said, waving a hand. 

"Hey!" he replied, sending her a smile and a short bow of the head. "How are you?"

"Good," she answered, tossing her hair over one shoulder. "And you?"

"I'm well, thanks," he replied with a nod as the elevator doors slid to a close. "Any plans for the weekend?"

"Mmhmm," she hummed, a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. "Heechul and I are going away for the weekend. I wanted to go to the coast, but Heechul put that idea down pretty quickly," she said with a chuckle. "I guess 7 years on an island would make anyone not want to set foot on the beach for awhile."

Leeteuk nodded, chuckling softly. "Yeah, I wanted to plan a second honeymoon with Jaeeun so we could finally have some alone time, and Jaeeun said she didn't want to go anywhere with sand. She joked that if I dared to take her to any beach, she'd drag me back to the court house and ask the judge for an annulment." 

Eunmi giggled. "I like Jaeeun. She's a fun one." 

Leeteuk shook his head, his eyes twinkling. "She is."

"So, are you two going to go on a second honeymoon?" Eunmi asked, leaning forward slightly as she swung her legs back and forth. "Because I think you two need a little alone time to catch up on all the years you missed," she said meaningfully as she sent Leeteuk a wink.

Leeteuk looked down as the color rose to his face."Eventually." He cleared his throat. "So, how are things between you and Heechul?" he asked, looking back up.

"Good," she said, hopping down from the hand rail as the elevator reached the ground floor. "Daddy isn't worried about me getting married right away. He's cool with us taking our time. He knows I have no intention of losing Heechul again." 

The elevator doors slid open and they both exited the elevator. 

"Oh, I almost forgot," Eunmi began, snapping her fingers. "Heechul wanted to invite your family over for our housewarming party. We just got the new apartment set up."

"That'd be great," Leeteuk said with a nod as they made their way to the front doors of the building. "When is it going to be?"

"Probably like a month or so," Eunmi replied. "I'll text you. Oh, and you can bring the kids too." She sent him a grin as Leeteuk held the door open for her. "And I hope you're okay with Siwon being there too." She chuckled, sending him a wink as she exited the building. "I don't want you getting jealous with Siwon and Heechul there..." 

Leeteuk laughed. "I won't," he said, closing the door. "I--" 

A loud laughter broke out, cutting Leeteuk off from speaking. 

Leeteuk turned to the right from where the laughter came from and found Heechul strolling up, hands in his pockets and head thrown back in laughter.

Heechul threw his arm around Leeteuk's shoulders. "What were you saying about not being jealous of me? You're not after my girl, are you?" he asked with a loud laugh.

Leeteuk shook his head, chuckling. "Nope."

"Good," Heechul replied, letting go of Leeteuk. "Because you already have a wife. You can't have more than one, you know," he continued, laughing as he wrapped an arm around Eunmi. 

Leeteuk shook his head. "I'll see you both later. Have a good weekend!" he said, sending them a wave as he began to head

Please log in to read the full chapter