Sowing Seeds of Jealousy

My Favorite Wife (a SuJu retelling)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leeteuk pulled up to the house, noting that most of the lights were already out, except one light in the downstairs window. He opened the garage and drove up the driveway and into the garage. As he was turning off the ignition, the door to the house opened and Jaeeun appeared in the doorway, wearing one of his over-sized T-shirts as a pajama gown. His lips quirked into a smile. It had been so long since she had welcomed him home. He never thought he would ever see her like this again. 

She stepped out into the garage, wrapping her arms around her as the chilly February night air hit her exposed skin. "Hey, Teukie," she said with a smile as he stepped out of the car. "Need some help with your luggage?"

"No, I got it," he replied with a cheeky grin as he walked toward the trunk and opened it. He wanted to show off how much he had been working out the past several years since she had seen him. As he took the suitcase out of the trunk, he almost wished he was wearing a T-shirt instead of a nice dress shirt so that she could see his muscles more. 

Jaeeun began to giggle, covering with her hand.

"What?" Leeteuk asked, turning to look at her, suitcase poised on his shoulder.

Jaeeun shook her head. "You look like you're trying to be a model for a suitcase commercial right now, Teukie." She laughed. "Stop trying to show off, Mr. Dimple." 

He chuckled, showing off a lopsided grin. "Was it that obvious?" he asked as he shut the trunk with his free hand.

"You've always been a bit of a show off, Teukie," she said with a twinkle in her eye. "But I guess I still love ya anyway."

Leeteuk chuckled as he headed toward the door, Jaeeun moving out of the way to hold the door open for him. "Thanks," he said as he walked past her. 

Jaeeun shut the garage door and closed the house door as well , locking it behind them. 

"Is everyone asleep?" Leeteuk asked as they walked toward the living room.

"Yep," Jaeeun replied. "Your mom had already tucked the kids in before I got here and then she went to bed shortly after.

"Did you see the kids earlier?" he asked with a grin as he set down the suitcase.

"Yeah," she replied a quiet giggle. "They're so cute. Grown so much... They seem look good kids. You've done a good job with them, Teukie." She smiled, but her eyes glistened slightly as she thought about all the years she was away from her dear babies. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to help."

Catching the look in his wife's eyes, Leeteuk immediately wrapped his arms around her. "It's not your fault. I wish you were here with us though," he whispered softly. He pulled away. "Honestly, just the thought of them being our kids, just really kept me going. I missed you so much. It wasn't easy, but I saw so much of you in them, I wanted to do my best for them."

Jaeeun tightened her grip around him. "Thank you, Teukie," she said softly before pulling away. She let out a breath. "So, what happened earlier at the hotel with Eunmi?" she asked, changing the conversation. 

Leeteuk scoffed. "That was crazy," he said, shaking his head over the account. "Why don't we talk about it more upstairs?" he asked, wrapping an arm around Jaeeun's waist.

"Teukie," Jaeeun began, eyeing him pointedly as she gently removed his arm from her waist. 

"I know, I know," Leeteuk whispered. "Not until after the annulment. But who says we can't sleep in the same bed?"

"Do the kids know you got married to Eunmi today?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah," he replied with a shrug. "Why?"

"How would the kids react if they saw a strange woman leaving their father's bedroom in the morning?" she continued. "Don't you think it would confuse them?"

Leeteuk's mouth formed an "o" shape. "Ohhh. I see what you mean. Even though they don't know about the 'birds and the bees' yet, I've taught them that only married couples live together in the same room." He clicked his tongue. "And you didn't tell them who you are, did you?"

She shrugged. "How could I? They think I 'drowneded'," she continued, mimicking her children's voices. 

Leeteuk stifled a laugh. "Oh, I see." He shook his head. "I'll talk to them."

"Thanks," she replied with a smile. She gestured to the sofa. "How about we talk down here for a bit? We can catch up. And you can tell me about what happened at the hotel."

"Alright," he responded as he moved to the sofa, taking Jaeeun's hand. "It's kind of a crazy story."

"Try me," Jaeeun replied with a soft chuckle as she and Leeteuk sat on the couch together. "This day's already been crazy enough."

He chuckled quietly. "I went back to the room to tell Eunmi that you were alive and that I wanted an annulment, right?"

"Right," she replied, nodding her head for him to continue.

"She wasn't there."

"What?" she tilted her head. "What do you mean she wasn't there?"

"She wasn't in the suite. I was in the other room when I heard the door open and I heard her and another man talking. It was obvious by the way they were talking that they had--you know."

"What?" Jaeeun asked, eyes widening as she lifted her hand to to cover a gasp. "You're kidding right?"

Leeteuk shook his head. "They even made plans to meet in the morning. After the man left, I walked into the room. Eunmi was only covered with a towel." 

Jaeeun stared at Leeteuk with her jaw slack, eyes wide with shock. "Oh my-- how-- what a horrible woman," she gasped.

"When I told her I wanted an annulment and said you were alive, she didn't even listen to me," he continued, scoffing slightly over the recollection. "She just walked past me, saying she would change into something 'I'd like better'."

Jaeeun closed , shaking her head. "How--I don't understand her. Who would ever cheat on you?" she muttered in disbelief. "Was she like that when you were dating?" 

Leeteuk shrugged, letting out a breath. "I don't know. Probably. I just didn't notice I guess."

"I'm sorry," she breathed out. 

"Don't be. I'm glad you're back." He wrapped an arm around his wife and pulled her closer to him. "I had felt sorry for her when I realized I would have to annul the marriage." He shook his head. "Not any more."

"Still, sorry about this mess." Jaeeun rested her head on his shoulder as she let out a breath.

A comfortable silence fell between them.

Leeteuk leaned his head against hers gently, closing his eyes.

Jaeeun felt her chest clench slightly and her heart quickened. She gulped. "Teukie, there's actually something I need to tell you."

"Hmm?" he hummed. "What is it?"

"I wasn't alone on that island," she replied.

Leeteuk's eyes snapped open. "What?" 

"There were two other men there with me."

Leeteuk pulled Jaeeun away from him, looking down into her eyes. "You were alone on the island with two men?"

"Yes," she replied. "But don't worry. Nothing happened."

"Nothing happened?" he stared at her incredulously. "You were with them for seven years and 'nothing happened'?" After learning of Eunmi's short-lived fidelity, it seemed almost impossible that his wife could be faithful for seven whole years, his bride couldn't even last twelve hours.  

Jaeeun nodded. "Nothing happened."

Leeteuk bit the inside of his cheek as his brow furrowed. "Are you sure they didn't try to molest you in any way?"

"I'm sure." She shook her head. "They were perfect gentlemen. Well--" she paused, tilting her head. "--one is a gentleman. The other is a bit of a , but he knows his boundaries. Nothing happened."

He stared down at her. The idea of her being alone on an island for seven years with two other men was maddening. 

She placed her hand on his chest. "Teukie," she whispered gently. "I swear to you, I never once betrayed you." 

"Seven years is a long time," he stated quietly.

"It is," she replied gently. "But not long enough for me to forget my first and only love," she whispered softly in his ear before pressing her lips against his cheek. 

Leeteuk's lips curved into a smile. He did not doubt his wife's fidelity, but it still made his

Please log in to read the full chapter