A Troublesome Trial

My Favorite Wife (a SuJu retelling)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The court room echoed with the sound of a gavel banging on the podium. "Case dismissed," the judge said as the group in front of the judge's seat took their leave. He shuffled the papers in front of him. "Next case we have the case regarding Park Leeteuk." Leeteuk made his way to the judge's seat with Jaeeun, Eunmi, Heechul, and Siwon in tow. Leeteuk felt his heart drop when he saw that it was the same judge that he dealt with when he had Jaeeun pronounced dead and he married Eunmi. This was not going to be fun.

The judge looked over the notes, shaking his head. "Now what kind of man in this day and age has two wives?" he muttered. "Pig." He looked up, clearing his throat. "Which one of you men is Park Leeteuk?"

Leeteuk bowed. "I am, sir."

The judge narrowed his eyes. "Haven't I seen you here before?"

Leeteuk nodded. "Yes, your honor."

The judge scoffed. "Do you know it's illegal to have more than one wife in this country? What are you trying to do? Start a harem?" The judge shook his head, glaring at Leeteuk. "Pig."

"Your honor," Leeteuk began with a bow. Beads of sweat began to line his forehead. How was he going to explain the situation to this judge, if the judge was already this biased against him? He took a breath. "I can explain--"

"Now, who is Kim Heechul?" the judge asked, looking back down at the papers in his hand.

Heechul bowed. "I am."

The judge eyed Heechul. "And you're the one that has charged Park Leeteuk with bigamy?"

"Yes, your honor."

"Bigamy is a serious case. Why were you the one that charged this man with bigamy?" the judge asked, tilting his head.

"Because she needs an annulment," Heechul said, gesturing toward Eunmi.

The judge turned to Eunmi, his eyes widening. "You look familiar," he said.

"I should hope so," Eunmi replied, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "You married me to him." She tossed her head in Leeteuk's direction.

The judge scoffed. "Oh, yeah. You're the one who kept painting your face in the court room." He shook his head. "So an annulment?"

"Yes," Heechul said.

"I wasn't talking to you," the judge said, shooting Heechul a glare. He turned to look at Eunmi. "Do you want an annulment?"

Eunmi glanced between Leeteuk and Heechul. Heechul refused to meet her gaze. She looked down towards the floor. "Yes," she said softly.

"Un-kissed?" he asked.

She shrugged. "Un-anything with Leeteuk," she replied honestly.

The judge narrowed his eyes at Leeteuk, shaking his head. "Some man you are."

Leeteuk felt his face redden.

"Who's the f

Please log in to read the full chapter