One Woman, Three Men

My Favorite Wife (a SuJu retelling)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leeteuk stirred from sleep as he heard a noise radiating from his phone on the nightstand. He yawned, blinking sleepily as he reached for the phone. He slid his finger across the screen, answering it. "Hello?" he said groggily as he fell back onto his pillow, rubbing his eyes with his free hand.

"Hey Leeteuk, it's Henry. I got that information you wanted."

Leeteuk bolted upright. "Really?"

"Yeah. It was easy. They're staying at the hotel Eunmi's father owns," Henry said over the receiver. There was a pause and then he continued. "Why did you want me to find them anyway?"

Leeteuk let out a sigh. "It's a long story. Thanks for finding them."

"No problem," Henry replied, but there was a slight edge in his voice. "Um, hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Eunmi's at the hotel too."

"I'm not surprised," Leeteuk replied, flopping back down onto his pillow. "Who's she with?" he asked, struggling to keep the venom out of his voice. 

"Some CEO playboy or something," Henry answered. "I'm sorry, hyung."

Leeteuk yawned. "Don't be. I'm getting an annulment anyway." A smile came across his lips as he thought about how his real wife was downstairs at that very moment. "Anyway, do you think you could arrange a meeting for me with them?"

"You mean Kim Heechul and Choi Siwon? Yeah. How about for about an afternoon lunch or something?" Henry asked. "Though it might be difficult to get a meeting with them since the press is so excited over their story."

"Tell them that I'm bringing Jaeeun with me."

"Huh?" Henry sounded surprised. "What do you mean? You mean your--uh--"

"Yeah, tell them Park Jaeeun wants to see them," Leeteuk replied with a nod.

"Uh, ok," Henry said, sounding unsure of what was going on. "I'll let them know, and I'll text you with the details."

"Thanks Henry," Leeteuk replied. "I owe you one. See ya later."

"Bye!"

With that Leeteuk hung up the phone and set it back on the nightstand. He yawned again. It had been a long night. Between the nightmares of Jaeeun in compromising situations with Kim Heechul and Choi Siwon, Leeteuk had spent most of the night tossing and turning, and searching the internet for any information about the two culprits that threatened his happy family life. Thankfully by enlisting Henry's help in the matter, he succeeded in gaining more than just the dark bags under his eyes. 

There was a soft knock on the door. 

"Teukie?" Jaeeun's voice came from the other side of the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," he said with another yawn.

The door slowly opened and Jaeeun entered. "Hey there, sleepy head. You slept in a long time."

"I did?" Leeteuk picked up his phone off the nightstand to look at the time.

"The kids already left with your mom to go to school," Jaeeun replied, shutting the door. "You must have been tired." She eyed him, noting the dark circles under his eyes. "Did you sleep alright?"

Leeteuk's eyes began to gleam and his lips quirked into a mischeivous smile. "It coulda been better." His dimple sunk into his left cheek as he smirked at her.

She shook her head. "Really, Teukie?"

Leeteuk chuckled for a moment before his eyes softened. He patted the space on the bed next to him.

Jaeeun scoffed. "Teukie, I already told you; not until the annulment." 

"Just come over here, Jae," Leeteuk mumbled purposely sounding more groggy than before. "Just to cuddle."

"Why do you make this so difficult?" Jaeeun said, throwing up her arms. She began to head over to the bed. "Eeeesh. And I just came up here to get some fresh clothes." She lifted the covers and climbed into the bed next to him. "Just a few minutes of cuddling, alright?"

"Alright," he mumbled as he began to wrap his arms around her and pull her close to him. 

As she felt his strong arms around her, her heart began to quicken. She closed her eyes as she settled into his embrace.

She really had missed this. The bed was so warm and cozy, and she felt so secure being in his arms. It was very different than sleeping in a dark cave on the cold, hard rock, feeling so alone. She recalled all those nights without him, huddling for warmth and wondering if she would ever see him again. It was a miracle that she was here right now in his arms. It seemed almost too good to be true. 

She suddenly felt his arm, which was draped over her torso, start to move, his fingers trailing over her ribcage. Her eyes bolted open and she opened to protest when she realized that Leeteuk was now sitting up slightly, his eyes staring at her face, his mouth slightly agape. There was no look of playfullness or flirtiness on his face whatsoever. 

"What?" she asked slowly, wondering what was going on in his head. 

"I can count your ribs," he said softly. 

She stared up at him, eyebrows raised. "Huh?"

His lips trembled slightly and he sat up, raking a hand through his hair. He was such an idiot. He knew before that she must have suffered being on that island. He had seen before how tiny she had gotten, but he just had not realized how bad it was. Again, here he was up most of the night worried that she might have carried on with two other guys, when he really should be considered about his wife's deteriorated health. 

"Teukie?" her voice was soft.

He felt her hand on his shoulder. 

"What's going on?" she asked gently. 

He scoffed, shaking his head slightly. "I've been so jealous about those guys-- Kim Heechul and Choi Siwon--that I keep forgetting how much you suffered. I keep thinking about them instead of worrying about you," he muttered. 

"Teukie, Teukie, Teukie," she began, shaking her head as she ran her hand along his back soothingly. "Like I said last night, I'm only yours." She smiled. "If you want to meet them, we can."

Leeteuk nodded with a scoff. "I've actually already arranged that." He felt her hand halt in its soothing movements.

"Huh? When?"

"I started trying to locate them last night when I just kept getting nightmares. I got a friend to help track them down and set up an appointment," he said, feeling idiotic for how jealous he sounded. "I'm sorry. I know that I can trust you-- it's just--" He heaved a sigh.

"More nightmares?" she asked. "Uh, oh. I take it you dreamt about my scary body and terrible underwear again?" She bumped his shoulder, a smirk playing across her lips.

Leeteuk laughed. 

"So, what time is the appointment?" she asked.

"Probably around lunch or early afternoon. Henry is going to text me with the details."

Jaeeun nodded. "Alright. That gives us time," she said, slipping out of the bed.

"Time for what?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We need to go talk to your 'bride'," she replied as she opened the walk-in closet door. "We have to get this marriage of yours annuled fast, because I want my husband back to myself." She chuckled. 

"Oh?" Leeteuk asked, sliding out of the bed. "Are you saying that you're jealous that you have to share me?" he asked, his dimple dancing with mischief as he proceeded to head to the walk-in closet.

"Are you saying I can't be jealous?" she asked, pulling the box of her old clothes from the shelf. "That's kinda petty of you, Mr. King of Jealousy." She sent him a wink as she began to look through the box. There was really nothing left in the box that she could use--unless she wanted to wear her old wedding dress around town. She frowned, putting the box on the shelf. "Hey, can I borrow some of your clothes?" 

Leeteuk's eyes widened. "Oh, yeah. I forgot. We're going to have to buy you some clothes." He turned to the cabinets that lined the wall and opened one of the drawers. 

"Why'd you keep those other ones?" she asked. "You know, the clothes I wore yesterday."

Leeteuk sifted through the drawer, trying to find a shirt for her that would not completely overpower her in size. "Oh, yeah. Those." He shook his head, remembering the details surrounding that. "Those were in the dirty laundry hamper when you left. After I thought you were dead, I went through all your clothes to donate them, because seeing them all here in the closet--" he paused, heaving a sigh. "--killed me. So, I got rid of all of them except your wedding dress. Then those clothes--the ones you wore yesterday--went through the laundry, and I just-- I-- I don't know. After getting rid of all your stuff, I just couldn't get rid of any more." He paused, taking in a deep breath as he closed his eyes, remembering it all. "It felt like if I did that, then I would be forgetting you completely. And I didn't want to do that." He sighed, opening his eyes. "So, I put them in the box with your wedding dress." He began to sift through his shirts once more, finally pulling out a shirt. "Ah, here you go." He held it out to her.

Jaeeun looked up at him, her eyes glistening with tears. "I'm so sorry that you had to deal with all that pain, Teukie." She took the shirt from his hands. "I'll try to make it up to you. I know I never can, but--"

Leeteuk pulled her into a hug. "You don't need to be sorry. We both have been through a lot, haven't we?"

She nodded into his chest. 

His chest rose and fell with a sigh. "Let's just get through this and once this is all over, we can continue where we left off. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," she replied, giving him a squeeze. 

He pulled away, sending her a smile. "Let's find you some more clothes to wear for the day. Then how about you and I go shopping-- we can get anything you need. I'll text Eunmi and find out when we can meet. And then we'll see Siwon and Heechul."

"Sounds good to me," she responded with a nod. "I hope we can get that marriage annuled soon."

****

"Any word from Eunmi yet?" Jaeeun asked as she approached Leeteuk after getting her hair cut at the salon. 

Leeteuk stood up from his seat in the reception area, pocketing his phone. "Not yet," he said as he approached the counter to pay for his wife's appointment. As he handed the receptionist the m

Please log in to read the full chapter