Hotel Madness

My Favorite Wife (a SuJu retelling)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leeteuk took a deep breath and steeled himself for the task ahead. He could do this. All he had to do was just tell her that his wife had come back.

He slid the key into the slot and the door unlocked. He placed his hand gingerly on the knob and opened the door slowly. He felt a wave of dread wash over him. Eunmi was no where in sight.

He gulped. "Eunmi?" he called, shutting the door behind him.

"Yes, Leeteuk?" Eunmi called back somewhat seductively from the other room. 

"I uh, I've gotta talk to you."

"About what?" Eunmi asked, appearing in the doorway dressed in little more than a tiny black silk lingerie nightgown.

Leeteuk's eyes widened before he quickly averted his eyes, turning away from her. "I uh, um..."

He felt Eunmi's presence approach him. "Yes, Leeteuk?" She came around to his front and slid her hand up to his necktie. "What do you wanna talk about?" she asked, lowering her voice.

Leeteuk felt his mind scramble for words. "I-I uh--um, gotta-- my wife--"

Eunmi giggled. "You're cute when you're flustered."

Leeteuk saw his necktie slip to the floor and realized that Eunmi was already working off his shirt buttons. "Wh--wha-- Wait a sec! This--this is--"

Eunmi laughed. "I'm the bride. Shouldn't I be nervous?" She giggled. "I guess it really has been a long time since you've--"

Leeteuk broke away from her. "Hold on! I've gotta talk to you first."

"We can talk later," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I--" He was cut off by Eunmi as she began to kiss him. He felt her arms wander and soon realized that she had relieved him of his jacket. He broke away, eyes wide, gasping for breath. "I can't! I can't do this. This--" He couldn't seem to find the words that he needed to say. "M-my wife-- I'm married!"

Eunmi giggled. "I know you are." She reached up to kiss him again, but Leeteuk stumbled back.

"I--" He needed an excuse to be out of the room, and he needed one fast. He fumbled around, checking his pockets. "Oh! I left my phone at the barber's! I gotta go get it!" He bolted out the door as quickly as possible. 

As soon as he was out in the hall, he darted toward Suite A, passing by a surprised consierge. He pounded on the door as soon has he got there. The door opened and he bolted inside, hurrying past Jaeeun.

Jaeeun shut the door and cocked an eyebrow as Leeteuk leaned against the wall, breathing heavily. "Um..." Jaeeun took in Leeteuk's disheveled appearance. "What happened over there?"

Leeteuk let out a breath as he began to re-button his shirt. "Eunmi."

"She's a fast one, isn't she?" Jaeeun asked, noting that both his jacket and necktie were missing. "You've got lipstick on you." 

Leeteuk groaned, pushing himself off the wall as he made his way toward the restroom. "She wouldn't give me a chance to talk," he said, ing the cuffs on his sleeves. "She just-- pfft." He let out a breath as he began rolling up his sleeves as he made his way to the bathroom sink. 

Jaeeun followed him into the restroom, watching as Leeteuk began to wash his face, getting rid of the red lipstick marks. "Are you sure you're not entralled by her?" she asked.

He shook his head as he grabbed a nearby wash cloth. "No, more like unprepared." He began to dry his face. "I walked like two steps into the room and she was already trying to undress me." He groaned. "I didn't get a chance to tell her."

"You didn't tell her?" Jaeeun tilted her head in confusion. 

"I couldn't! She wouldn't let me talk. I had to get outta there before anything else happened," he groaned, tossing the wash cloth on the counter. 

"Well, I'm glad that you did leave, but Teukie--" she paused, letting out a breath. "You have to tell her. I mean, I guess I could, but she won't believe me."

Leeteuk shook his head. "And I don't want you going over there. Too dangerous."

Jaeeun laughed. "You don't think I can handle some chick who's trying to take my man?" she asked, sidling up to him and bumping him in the side with her hip. 

Leeteuk chuckled and then wrapped an arm around her. "We need another plan." 

They walked over to the sofa and sat down. 

"Now what?" Jaeeun asked. "You can't just leave her there."

"I know, I know," he muttered. "The safest thing would be to text her, but that's just wrong. You can't do that to someone." His phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out. "She's calling again." He placed his phone on the side table. 

"Do you want me to go over there with you?" Jaeeun asked. "Maybe if she sees me in person--"

"No. She's the vindictive type. I'd hate to see her get mad at you." He let out a breath. "I guess I should just get over there now and tell her." He made no effort to move.

Jaeeun chuckled. "You're nervous, aren't you?" 

"No," he replied, though the goofy smile that followed clearly indicated that he was. "Maybe we could practice again?" he asked with a mischievous smile.  

"That didn't work so well last time," she replied, remembering how they got caught up in kissing instead. 

Leeteuk shrugged. "It's worth a shot."

Jaeeun let out a breath. "Alright. I'm Eunmi. Now say it."

"Just like that?" asked Leeteuk.

"Huh?"

"I mean, it's not going to be that easy. She attacked me when I entered the room. She's not going to give me a chance just like that," Leeteuk said, trying to keep the smile from his face, but his eyes were clearly gleaming with mischief.

Jaeeun smirked, shaking her head at him. "Are you asking for trouble, Teukie?" 

"No," he said, biting his lower lip to keep from smiling, but failing completely. 

Jaeeun chuckled. "I'll humor you. Just once." She leaned forward, dropping her voice to a whisper. "But I'm not Eunmi."

"Wouldn't want you to be," he replied with a smirk.

"Good," she whispered in his ear before suddenly pushing him onto the couch as she straddled herself on top of him. "You had something to tell me, Teukie?" she asked somewhat suggestively as she held his shoulders down with her arms. 

Leeteuk smirked. "I have a wife, you know."

"Oh you do, do you?" she asked with a mischievous smirk, taking her hands off his shoulders and bringing her hands to his sides.

"Yeah. I--" Leeteuk broke off speaking as he erupted in laughter as Jaeeun began tickling his sides. "S-s-s-stop it! Stop!"

"Nope!" Jaeeun cried, tickling him harder. "I told you. Hands off policy until you tell her for real. No hugs. No kisses. Nothing." She ceased tickling him. "Got it?"

"I--"

There was a knock on the door, causing the couple to look toward the door in surprise. "Mr. Park?"

"Yeah?" Leeteuk asked as the door began to unlock and suddenly the hotel manager, Sungmin, walked in. 

Jaeeun quickly scrambled off Leeteuk as he tried to stand up. 

Leeteuk cleared his throat, straightening out his crumpled shirt. "Yes? How can I help you?" he said.

Sungmin motioned for Leeteuk to come closer. "Can I speak with you a moment?"

"Yeah," Leeteuk replied, walking over.

Sungmin took a breath. "Sir," he began in a low voice. "We don't like to meddle in people's affairs, but your wife--your wife!-- Mr. Park, is calling us at the receptionist desk asking where you are. We've maintained a reputation of respectability for fifteen years and we don't want to lose it in one night. So, if you would kindly return to your wife, we--"

"Look," Leeteuk began, interrupting. "There's a simple explanation for this."

"I'm listening," Sungmin replied, crossing his arms. <

Please log in to read the full chapter