Chapter 7

Beautiful Babysitter

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Jun, do you want to play outside today?”

 

Jun thought for a moment before showing of his toothy grin and nodded his head. Apparently, Chanyeol had shown a bit interest towards Jun by setting a mini playground in the backyard. There was a mini blue and black slide, mini swing and mini pool filled with different colors of rubber ducky. Well, its something rather nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

“Look, Baek hyung.” Jun happily swing and giggled when Baekhyun pushed him gently. He chuckled when he saw the looked on Jun’s face. Though it was just a normal day, Baekhyun felt insecure at some point. He stopped the swing and Jun pouted at the action. Baekhyun pinched Jun’s cute button nose. “Let’s try the swing.”

 

 

The backyard was really wide and was guarded with a huge white fence. There were a couple of huge trees accompanied by several bushes and plants that he can’t even name it apart from the sunflower plant. There’s a small rectangular pond filled with various of fishes.

 

 

The boy was fast to get off the swing and darted towards the slide with his two tiny feet. He carefully Jun to climb the stairs and help the boy to slide down.Then he felt it. He stopped his movement and looked around warily. He felt uncomfortable for an unknown reason. Then he heard footsteps followed by a rustling sound.

 

 

His heartbeat increases as time passes by, still feeling cautious as ever. Baekhyun glared at the tall white fence as if trying to get his vision through the thick piece of material.

 

 

I doubt that people would climb that.

 

 

“Baek hyung. I’m sleepy.” Baekhyun flinched when he saw Jun appeared right in front of him, yawning indicating that he’s really tired. Baekhyun took a quick glance around, afrai that someone might popping out of nowhere. “Let’s go. It’s almost your nap time.” Baekhyun scooped Jun from the ground and carried the sleepy boy inside and turn to look around after he took one step forward.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sighed in relief when he arrived home. He was expecting Baekhyun and Jun to be playing in the living room, making mess as usual though Chanyeol did gave him warning but of course Baekhyun just ignore it. But today the living room was clean and tidy. He should felt glad, right? Somehow he don’t. He felt different and empty.

 

 

There was no sound of laughter, nor the sound of toys crashing and there was no weird rooster voice that Baekhyun would imitate. The house was fill with silence. He walked around the house and spotted Gloria in the kitchen as usual but still no trace of Baekhyun and Jun. He arranged his steps and made his way to the playroom but still he can’t find them until he heard a puppy like noise coming from Jun’s room.

 

 

 

When he opened the door, he was greeted by the sight, of Jun and Baekhyun cuddling on Jun’s small bed. He stepped inside and he can clearly heard the puppy noise came from Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked at his watch and hesitate for a moment. It was almost dinner time and he was contemplating whether he should wake them up or just let them be.

 

 

But then, he saw Baekhyun frowning in his sleep with his lips quivering. Soon enough, he saw tears and Baekhyun started to cry. Chanyeol panic when Baekhyun started to trash around. He instantly went and lifted Jun, protecting him from Baekhyun unexpected action.

 

 

“Baekhyun, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol, with Jun in his arm, shook Baekhyun’s body attempting to wake Baekhyun up but it was hopeless.

 

 

Chanyeol sat on the bed, placing Jun on his lap, with the boy legs and hands wrapped around Chanyeol’s waist and head comfortably lied on Chanyeol’s chest. He pulled Baekhyun closer to him and patted Baekhyun’s arm gently to wake him up, luckily it works.

 

 

Once Baekhyun pried his eyes, he became all teary again and launched himself on Chanyeol who had the hard time to balance Jun in his arm and catching the boy who had his hands wrapped around Chanyeol’s arm and face buried on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

 

“H-he’s he-here.”

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t know how to react nor respond. One thing for sure, he knew that Baekhyun was having a nightmare. A nightmare that’s haunting him.

 

 

I will protect him with all my life because I understand how he felt to have a father like you.

 

He was abuse. He was abuse. He was a-a-bu-se.

 

H-he h-hit me. I d-don’t kn-ow wh-what to do.

 

 

 

Jun stirred in his arms indicating that he’s waking up. The little clueless boy cutely rubbed his eyes and let out a small yawn before looking around. He was surprised to be face to face with his dad chest. And he definitely didn’t expect Baekhyun to be clutching to his daddy arm. Then he let out a small gasp when he saw tears streaming down Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

 

“Baek hyung.”

 

 

“Shh, Jun. He’s having a nightmare.” Chanyeol said in quite a soft hushed voice surprising Jun as the boy never thought that his father will ever use that tone with him. He nodded obediently and looked at his dad before looking at Baekhyun.

 

 

Jun hesitantly lifted his small hand and patted Baekhyun’s hair gently. “It’s okay, Baek hyung. I’m here.”

 

 

Chanyeol was taken by surprised by his son action. He looked Jun who was tenderly caressing Baekhyun’s hair and muttering soft comforting words to the latter who seems to relax. Only then he realized how much he had missed Jun. His little baby who was once crying helplessly on the hospital bed alongside with a short note had grown up to a very kindhearted boy.

 

 

Baekhyun soft whimper made Chanyeol whipped his head to see that Baekhyun had already lifted his head, lips jutting out and his eyes were red and puffy. “M-Mr. P-Park?”

 

 

Chanyeol breath hitched when he saw Baekhyun’s state. The boy in front of him seems so fragile and so............submissive.

 

 

He shook the thought away and cleared his throat. “Nightmare?” Baekhyun took a moment to recollect himself and nodded his head timidly. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to sleep.” He wiped the remaining tears and tried to stand get up but he was stopped by Chanyeol who took Baekhyun’s arm and pulled him back. Chanyeol took his time to stare at Baekhyun who had a very surprised look on his face. Without any hesitation, he pulled Baekhyun closer for a hug. Jun felt cozy when he felt Chanyeol also pulled him closer for a hug.

 

 

The three of them just stayed like that for a couple of minutes before Baekhyun let out a sudden hiccup. He pulled back from the hug and tried to hold his breath hoping that the hiccup will go away but it didn’t. He covered his mouth in embarrassment still hiccuping. Jun and Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in amusement and Baekhyun can’t help but to chuckle at the resemblance. Unfortunately his chuckled came out a little weird as it was mix with the sound of his hiccup.

 

 

Jun giggled as he comfortably placed his head on Chanyeol’s chest. Chanyeol was quite surprised and he looked down at Jun who was still giggling at Baekhyun while nuzzling closer to his chest. The sight was just too adorable. It’s really adorable until it managed to make Baekhyun stop hiccuping.

 

 

“It stop!” Jun exclaimed excitedly and unfortunately his head accidentally hit Chanyeol’s chin. Both of them groaned in pain. Baekhyun laughed at their misery, clutching onto his stomach because it was really funny to him. The two Parks just stared at Baekhyun totally not amuse.

 

 

“Baek hyung, it hurt.” Jun pouted as he crawled away from Chanyeol and made his way to sit on Baekhyun’s lap. He rubbed the spot on his head and Baekhyun cooed at Jun cuteness. He then, place a soft peck on top of Jun’s head causing Jun to break into a wide smile. “Here too.”

 

 

Baekhyun looked at Jun knowingly but he was a er for adorable kids so he gave in and place a peck here and there until the boy laughed madly. “Here too? How about here?”

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t know why but somehow he felt...... Glad?

 

 

There’s something about the scene in front of him made him felt calm. From the sound of Jun’s laughter and the beautiful look on Baekhyun’s face.

 

 

Wait! What? Did I seriously think that kid is beautiful?

 

 

Chanyeol frowned at his own thoughts.

 

 

“Mr. Park”

 

Chanyeol blinked his eyes a couple of times before he realized that Baekhyun was looking at him. Jun on the other hand was nowhere to be seen.

 

 

“Jun already went down.” Baekhyun said once he saw the confused look on Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol just nodded. Baekhyun bit his bottom lips as if he was contemplating about something.

 

 

“Is there anything?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun who seems to be quite surprised.

 

 

Am I that obvious? Baekhyun blushed and tried to take a glance at Mr. Park.

 

 

“Are you busy tomorrow?”

 

 

Baekhyun questioned was definitely what he thought but nevertheless he shook his head. “Tomorrow is my day off and most of the company project had settled down. Why?” Seeing how Baekhyun eyes lit up can only mean one thing. This kid had an agenda.

 

 

“Ummm, can we go to the mall tomorrow?”

 

 

“Sure. I’ll tell Mr. Jung to send you and Jun to mall tomorrow.”

 

 

Baekhyun shook his head violently. “No, no. I mean WE. As in you, me and Jun. Together.”

 

 

If it wasn’t for the hint of blush on Baekhyun face, Chanyeol will definitely rejected it but something about Baekhyun just made him felt an emotion that he can’t even describe.

 

 

“Sure.”

 

With that simple word, he managed to make Baekhyun jumped on his feet. It was quite surprising to see Baekhyun shamelessly swayed his hips and dance around probably the boy was just too happy that it can’t be explained with words. Unfortunately, the dance came to a stop when Baekhyun’s accidentally bumped to Jun’s study table.

 

 

He turned to look at Chanyeol with a sheepish smile. “Sorry, I usually dance when I felt happy.” The boy rubbed his hips and smile. His eyes form a very adorable crescent shape and his mouth somehow forming a rectangle smile.

 

 

That moment, Chanyeol knew he’s right about Baekhyun being beautiful.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~