Chapter 3

Beautiful Babysitter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun grew fond of Jun as day passes by. Gloria told him, that Jun’s father won’t be around for a week. And that’s the only information he gained from the woman. According to Gloria, if you want to keep your job, do not ask Jun’s father anything.

 

Being a curious, mischievous person he is, he tried to pester Gloria or Jun to give him a bit information because he need to know with what kind of person he’s working for. But, they never gave him a proper answer. All that he got so far were,

 

Don’t ask him anything

Don’t dare to fight him back

Don’t interrupt him when he’s working

Don’t question him because he didn’t like people questioning his professionalism.

 

Baekhyun decided to just wait until Jun’s father return so he can get a clear view of the person that Gloria and Jun seems to be frightened of. Till then, he just enjoyed himself goofing around with Jun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He felt totally relieved when he got to go back early today as the business trip to Maldives end a day earlier then he expected. All that he hope for was just a peaceful environment once he stepped inside his safe haven but of course not today.

 

“BAEK HYUNG! YOU CAN’T CATCH ME!”

 

He sighed and massaged his temple upon hearing Jun’s loud voice. He stepped inside and walked towards the living room only to be greeted by a mess. It wasn’t exactly a mess but it wasn’t exactly the living room that he had before he left to the trip either. The expensive fluffy white carpet that he bought from Europe was no longer lying on the floor instead it was rolled up and was replaced with a huge baby blue mattress that he never knew he had one,toys and pillows were sprawled all over the mattress and a bowl of snacks and chocolates were set on the center of the mattress.

 

He was lucky enough that the couch and the coffee table was still on their place though on top of the coffee table he can clearly see different types of story books that definitely belong to Jun.

 

Soon enough Jun appeared in the living room, still running totally oblivious to see the figure standing in the room.

 

THUD!

 

Jun stumbled a few steps backwards after the impact. “Ouch.” He muttered and rubbed his head before looking at the object he had bumped to. He froze on his spot and looked at the figure in front of him in disbelief.

 

“Jun! Where are you?” Baekhyun yelled and his face brighten up when he saw Jun in the living room, but once he entered the living room he realized that they were not alone. Apart from them there was a tall man, a man that he knew very well.

 

“YOU!”

 

Baekhyun flinched upon hearing the accusing deep voice. “M-Mr. P-Park.” Baekhyun stuttered completely shocked.

 

Suddenly, Gloria came after hearing the sudden commotion. “Chanyeol, you’re home early.” Gloria said as she was also surprised by Chanyeol sudden appearance. “Why? So that you can sneak in a guy that almost burnt me to death inside the house without me knowing it?” Chanyeol said with a very serious tone. Baekhyun was shocked to hear the accusation.

 

“Wait, Mr. Park. I’m the one who came here. Minseok hyung offer me a job and I accept it.” Baekhyun stood in front of Gloria trying to defend her.

 

 

 

 

“So, found anyone?” Minseok asked as the last interviewee stepped out from the Chairman office.

 

“No.” Chanyeol groaned and leaned against his seat. “They were doing well in the beginning. But, when they knew the real job I’m offering them, they completely declined it.”

 

Minseok shook his head. “I told you. You should advertise properly. Just say that you need a babysitter and not a co-worker that can work in any kind of circumstances.” Chanyeol glared at Minseok. “It means the same thing. And I don’t want to advertise that because not everyone know that the Chairman of Park Corporation had a child. I don’t want just anyone to be babysitting Jun. I just want someone that can take care of him and someone that can keep secret from the public.”

 

“So, what’s your plan now?” Minseok asked as he took a seat opposite to the Chairman. Chanyeol sighed and looked at Minseok. “Can I trust you to hire anyone that can be trusted?” Minseok smiled and nodded his head.

 

 

“I tried to reach out everyone I know but none of them want the job. I don’t know what to do Chen.” Minseok pouted after rambling at his boyfriend who had been listening attentively to every words that came out from the latter’s mouth. After a few moments of silent. Chen lighten up and put on his Cheshire smile. “I know someone he needs job so bad and trust me he’s really good with kid.”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol hung up after listening to Minseok’s explanation. He turned to looked at Gloria, Baekhyun and Jun who had their head hung low.

 

“Gloria, you can go back to your work. Jun, go to your bedroom this instance.” Chanyeol ordered and the two stumbled on their way out of the living room, leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun fiddled his finger, head still hung low trying to avoid any eye contact with the taller. Chanyeol on the other hand, approached Baekhyun and stared at the boy in front of him. “Give me one good reason why I should let you work here?” Baekhyun finally lifted his head and dare himself to look at Chanyeol straight in the eyes.

 

“Because I need a job.” Chanyeol scoffed and shook his head. “Not good enough. Did you know, there’s a lot of people out there who are qualified enough to get this job. I wonder what a kid like you, know about responsibilities. I bet you’re still living with your parents and this was just your getaway to live away from them.” Baekhyun didn’t know how he gained the courage to smile upon hearing Chanyeol’s word but he did, he smile and Chanyeol was quite surprised but he managed to maintain his poker face. “I’m sure there’s a lot of people out there that are qualified to to get this position but how many of them are qualified enough to carry this responsibilities? How many of them can be trusted to take care of a three years old kid? How many of them can withstand to be far from their family? How many of them are willing to sacrifice their time to stay in this huge mansion and spend their day to assist a kid? Don’t you realized nowadays, people are choosy when it comes to work? Minseok told me about the interview and can’t you see how they acted when you told them to take care of Jun? If you think that choosing someone who had a very high education level was qualified to take this position then so be it. I hope you will find one. Good luck with that.” With that said, Baekhyun left the living room and went to ‘his room’ at the end of the hallway on the second floor.

 

Chanyeol was not amused.

 

Did he just questioned me?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~