Chapter 6

Beautiful Babysitter

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Baekhyun with a heavy heart, went out of his room, ready to consult Mr. Park and ready to accept his fate. He gently closed the door and turned around.

 

 

“EEEEPPPPP!”

 

 

He let out a very unmanly scream when he came face to face with the person that he never expected to be standing outside his room.

 

 

“M-Mr. Park.” Baekhyun managed to mutter, as he placed his hand on his chest.

 

 

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun aside and was about to open the door but Baekhyun was quick to stand in front of the door, preventing Chanyeol to take any step closer.

 

 

“If you want to get mad or punch anyone just do it to me. But please, don’t hurt Jun. He’s innocent. He’s just a kid. Please.”

 

 

Chanyeol gulped involuntarily when he saw how desperate Baekhyun was looking at him with those wide teary eyes. The tall man took a step backwards and he saw how the smaller boy relaxed. He sighed and took Baekhyun’s hand, dragging the surprised boy with him. Baekhyun was preparing himself physically and mentally, definitely preparing himself for the upcoming impact.

 

 

They somehow ended up in what Baekhyun assumed the master bedroom which belongs to Mr. Park himself. Somehow, the room seems old and dusty as if no one had stepped inside for a very long time. Baekhyun looked around the room with full of curiosity. The room was quite empty as there was nothing inside except for the huge mahogany bed, closet and a set of study table. Chanyeol let go of his hand and made his way to sit on the soft looking king size bed.

 

 

“I’m a bad father, aren’t I?”

 

 

Baekhyun stunned upon hearing the unexpected question from Chanyeol. What was he suppose to answer? Should he say congratulations for finally realizing? Or should he just nodded his head in agreement but that’s rude too. So he decided to follow his heart and just stood there silently, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt, trying his best to avoid any eye contact.

 

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

 

The fidgeting stop and his breath hitched when he heard his name being called with that deep velvety voice. It was the first time Chanyeol ever called him with his name, not that Chanyeol ever called him everyday anyway but it means a lot to Baekhyun.

 

 

Baekhyun hesitantly eyed Chanyeol with the corner of his eyes and he can clearly see Chanyeol was looking at him. He debate himself for a few seconds and finally he lifted his head and looked at Chanyeol.

 

 

“I heard your conversation with Jun.” Chanyeol said with a rather sad emotion, he guess.

 

 

“Mr. Park. I don’t know what’s going on but if you want an answer from me, then yes. How can you let him suffer like that? Mr. Park, he’s only three years old. He was abuse. He was abuse. He was a-a-bu-se.” Baekhyun tried to prevent himself from crying but he can’t. He closed his eyes and let the tears flow.

 

 

Everything started to play in his mind. His past. The past that’s still haunt him, lingering in his mind. The past with his mom was the one that he wanted to keep in his mind and his heart but somehow whenever he recalled the time they were together, the scene changed and he found himself crouching on the ground crying for help.

 

 

His body was trembling and he knew that. He didn’t care at all. The thing that was playing in his mind seems more realistic. He gasped when he felt a sudden warmth enveloping his cold body. The warmth was really soothing and full of assurance that causes him to sob hardly.

 

 

“H-he h-hit me. I d-don’t kn-ow wh-what to do.” Baekhyun managed to blurt out between sobs and clutch on the soft fabric in front of him.

 

 

“You’re safe now.”

 

 

Baekhyun relaxed when he felt a large warm hand caressing his back. Baekhyun pulled himself back and looked at the man in front of him.

 

 

“Mr. Park. I’m begging you. Please don’t hurt Jun. He needs you more than anything.”

 

 

Chanyeol can only stare at Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol. Yes, he did. It was not staring instead a glare. A very deathly glare that go unnoticed by Chanyeol who completely ignoring Baekhyun.

He really thought that the two of them had create a bond yesterday but it seems like their moment yesterday meant nothing to Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know what to do. Every time I look at Jun I felt guilty and I don’t like it at all.”

 

Baekhyun wiped the remaining tears before looking at Chanyeol in confusion.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “Jun’s mother. She left us after she gave birth to him.”

 

Baekhyun gasped. “Why did she left?”

 

“You don’t need to know why. I just can’t look at Jun because he pretty much resemble his mother. Somehow seeing him make me feel mad.”

 

Baekhyun pondered for a moment.

 

“Mr. Park. I know that it must be hard for you but don’t you think that Jun also had to go through a lot. Strangers abuse him. Is it fair for him? Can you see how he kept it from you? He’s only three, Mr.Park.”

 

“I knew about it.”

 

To say Baekhyun was surprised was the truth because the latter can’t seems to believe his own two ears. Did Mr. Park just said he knew Jun was getting abuse?

 

“Do you really think I didn’t care about him? I felt useless when I saw him changing to his pajamas every night. I can see Gloria crying every time she beg me to change the babysitter. That’s why I kept changing the babysitter and turns out every one was just the same. Until you came. Most of the babysitter didn’t last for more than 2 days. Now, I’m begging you to take care of Jun. He likes you a lot.”

 

There’s just too many emotions inside him and he didn’t know which one he should express. He felt happy, that Chanyeol finally open up to him but he felt sad to know the reason behind Chanyeol cold treatment towards Jun.

 

“Mr. Park, don’t you want to get closer to Jun?”

 

Chanyeol hesitated for a moment.

 

“You want to know something, Jun really look up to you. He kept on saying how much he wanted to grow up to be like you. He always say that his Daddy is the best and he didn’t want anyone to hurt you. He even said that if he was born again, he wanted to be born as your son. Mr. Park, he’s a good child. Don’t punish him, he loves you.”

 

Chanyeol felt a sudden lump in . He admit he was very protective when Jun was a baby, but as Jun grew up, he can see the resemblance of Jun and his now ex- wife. He hated himself for disliking Jun because of that apparent reason. Jun was innocent yet he threw all his hatred to the innocent boy. He felt stupid.

 

 

“I want to but I can’t. This feelings..... it’s hard for me.”

 

“Then I’ll help you.” Baekhyun said. His face was full of determination. Chanyeol just looked at him blankly and Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. “I want to help you and Jun to be closer to each other. I know deep inside your cold heart, there’s actually a space specially for Jun.”

 

“Did you say I got a cold heart?”

 

“That’s not the point. The point is, I want you to loose up a bit and start to get along with your son.”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Baekhyun groaned in annoyance. He grabbed hold of Chanyeol’s shoulder and looked straight in Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

“Please. You’re not doing this for me but you’re doing this for Jun and most importantly for yourself. You can’t be ignoring him forever, right? I’m here to help and I promise you that I will help you. But I can’t help you if you didn’t want to. So?”

 

Chanyeol can only sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was gleefully expecting Chanyeol to greet Jun when the boy woke up from his slumber but noooo. Chanyeol just had to had a sudden emergency meeting to attend to. Baekhyun let it slide away and warned the giant to be back before Jun bedtime. But of course, he didn’t. Chanyeol came back home at 11 PM which was way past Jun’s bedtime.

 

 

So now, he’s glaring at Chanyeol who was eating his toast peacefully. Chanyeol, Jun and him sat together a the dining table but none of them had started a conversation.

 

 

“Baek hyung. Can I have another slice?” Jun asked softly afraid Chanyeol will get mad at him. Baekhyun nodded and then he lit up.

 

 

“Mr. Park, can you give Jun the last slice? I need to go and get him his milk.”

 

 

Chanyeol eyed Baekhyun weirdly. “His glass is still full.” Baekhyun took the glass and drink the whole glass of milk, completely emptying it.

 

 

“Now, it’s empty.” Baekhyun stood and sent Chanyeol a sign a before leaving.

 

 

Jun gasped. Daddy is going to be mad. It’s okay, I can take it myself.

 

 

Jun was about to reach out for the toast but Chanyeol took the last slice and ate it before stood up and left to go to work.

 

 

This going to be harder than I thought. Baekhyun who was peeking silently from the kitchen, sighed and return to the table.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~