Chapter 4

Beautiful Babysitter

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

As he was packing, he heard the door creaked open. He smiled upon seeing the small figure entering the room with a sad look on his face.

 

“Hey, Jun.” Baekhyun greeted the boy as he went to the closet to take his boxers. Jun didn’t say anything as he was busy looking at Baekhyun.

 

“Please don’t go.”

 

Baekhyun heart break a million of pieces when he heard how sad Jun’s voice was. He instantly went to Jun, kneel down and pull the boy for a hug. That does it, Jun cried as he tighten the hug, his head was tucked in the crook of Baekhyun’s neck, sobbing hard when Baekhyun rubbed his back gently. “Shh, it’s okay Junnie. I’m sure Mr. Park will find someone to take care and play with you. I’m sure they will have fun playing with you.”

 

Jun shook his head and encircled his tiny arms around Baekhyun’s neck. He wanted to just take Jun with him and stay with him and Chen instead. He didn’t want to leave Jun either because he really care for him.

 

“I’m sure you’re going to be fine Jun. You’re a really strong boy and trust me whoever going to be your babysitter, they will instantly like you.”

 

Jun shook his head, lips quivering and body trembling. Baekhyun wiped the tears away and stared at the boy in front of him with different kind of emotions.

 

 

“You can stay.”

 

Baekhyun and Jun turned their head and saw Chanyeol looking at the two of them with a sad emotion? Chanyeol was definitely really hard to read. Chanyeol walked away from them.

 

Jun excitedly wiped away his tears and tugged Baekhyun’s sleeve.

 

“Can we play?”

 

Baekhyun smiled and shook his head. He chuckled when he saw the boy pouted at him. “No, Jun. It’s almost 9 and you need to go to bed. I’ll read you a story book instead. How’s that sound?” Jun brightened at the idea and nodded his head. “But first let’s get you change and brush your teeth.”

 

"It's okay, I can do it myself." Jun happily skipped out and Baekhyun can only chuckled at the cuteness. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wasn’t dumb and he realized that Chanyeol completely ignoring his presence. He didn’t mind that but what irked him the most when Chanyeol ignored Jun. When the little boy happily approached the tall man, he dismissed the boy with a glare or just hissed at Jun.

 

He remember the wise words from Gloria, so he just kept shut and tried to comfort Jun by introducing the boy to new games that he just randomly made. This had been going on for almost a week, and Baekhyun started to adapt to the environment. If Chanyeol wanted to ignore him, than he might as well do the same.

 

Baekhyun tucked Jun on his bed, smiled when the kid snuggled closer to a huge teddy bear. “Good night, Jun.” Baekhyun turn off the lights and softly closed the door. He went to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. As he enter the kitchen, he yelped in surprise when he saw Chanyeol standing right in front of him. He let out an awkward cough before making his way to the refrigerator, and went to pour himself a glass of orange juice.

 

There was a long awkward silence. Then sudden high pitched voice yelling Chanyeol’s name surprised both of them. “Channie~” Soon, a lovely young woman walked towards them with a smile on her face. Her eyes sparkled when she saw Chanyeol. Without any hesitation or shame, the girl launched herself on Chanyeol. “I miss you so much. Why didn’t you bring me to the trip with you?” Chanyeol sighed, and removed the girl from him. 

 

“Helen, I already told you. Stop bothering me.” Instead of feeling threatened the girl widen her smile and grabbed hold of Chanyeol’s left arm. “Come on let’s go out, I’m really hungry.” The girl, Helen, batted her eyelashes seductively. Baekhyun accidentally let out a snort but he covered up by let out an awkward cough. 

 

“What is this?” Helen eyed Baekhyun from head to toe with a disgust expression on her face.

 

Okay, maybe not lovely.

 

Baekhyun scoffed and put on his diva attitude. “Excuse me, ma’am. I know it’s really common for old people to forget stuff and sometimes they just tend to use a wrong word in a sentence, making it sounds perfect for them but completely laughable to other people. But to answer your question, I’m Jun’s babysitter. Problem?”

 

Chanyeol was stunned to hear the bold words coming from Baekhyun. Then he recalled Baekhyun’s lecture from before so he just kept mum and enjoyed the show.

 

“Well, excuse you. For your information, I’m just 23 years old. The perfect age for me and Chanyeol to get marry.” Helen smirked before leeching herself on Chanyeol. Baekhyun dramatically gasped and placed his left palm on his chest. “Do I look like I care?”

 

Helen was about to snap back at him, but Jun’s cried stopped her from doing so. “Move away, kid. Let me show you how to take care of my baby Jun.” Helen pushed Baekhyun to the side and went to Jun’s bedroom.

 

Baekhyun mumbled something under his breath and Chanyeol just stared at him completely amazed by the boldness. Jun’s wailed was getting louder and louder. Baekhyun felt anxious and decided to go to Jun’s bedroom. He opened the door and he watch the scene in front of him in surprised.

 

Helen caught hold of Jun’s small arm and ushered the boy to shut up. “Stop crying, it’s already your sleep time. Shouldn’t you be asleep?” Helen tried to force the boy to lie on the bed. Baekhyun quickly walked towards them. He pushed Helen to the side and took Jun in his arm. “It’s okay, Junnie.”

 

The boy cried turned to soft whimper when he find comfort in Baekhyun’s embrace soon enough he boy fell asleep. He gently place Jun’s head on the pillow and let the boy find his own comfortable position. As he was about to cover Jun’s body with blanket he realized the marks and scratches on Jun’s arm. 

 

“Get out.”Baekhyun said in a stern yet calming voice.

 

Helen scoffed and just looked at Baekhyun in disbelief. Seeing the serious looked on Baekhyun’s face, Helen stomped her way out. Baekhyun clenched his fist and tried to calm himself. He sat on a small couch in Jun’s room, waiting for the boy to fall in a deep slumber. Once he deemed that the boy was completely asleep, he quietly made his way out of the room, went to the kitchen to search for the first aid kit.

 

On his first day of work, Gloria had showed him every nook and cranny of the house. So, with the information he gained, he managed to find the kit, inside a small cabinet near the refrigerator. With a light steps, he carefully went back to Jun’s bedroom.

 

Once he reach Jun’s bed, he slowly removed the blanket from the boy and felt guilty when he heard the boy whined. He quickly sat next to Jun and took the boy hand and observe the wound on his arm. He put a few drops of oil on a cotton pad and dab on the wounded area. He can felt that Jun stir in his sleep but he was really calm, and decided to soothe the boy before resuming to treat the bruise on his arm.

 

He was quite puzzled to see a few bruises here and there on the boy’s arm. The bruises were not new as it almost faded but quite visible. He warily, rolled Jun’s pajamas sleeve and hold his breathe when he saw a scar on Jun’s shoulder. He didn’t stop there, instead he Jun’s pajamas and tears were formed in his eyes.

 

The first thing that came to his view was a big purple-bruise marked on the boy stomach, followed by a few scratches here and there on his little body. Baekhyun covered with his hand and let the tears fall.

 

He didn’t know how long, he had been crying. His mind was filled with a possible scenarios that had happened to Jun in the past. The boy always seems so happy and bright. To think back again, he realized that Jun never let Baekhyun to help him change or help to bath him. Jun always said that he’s a big boy now, so he didn’t need help.

 

With a shaking hands, Baekhyun treat the wound on Jun’s body. Once he’s done, he cleaned up everything and make sure that Jun was sleeping comfortably before leaving Jun’s room. His journey to the kitchen was not peaceful as his mind kept on wandering back to Jun’s condition.

 

“I must ask him.” Baekhyun said to himself as he place the kit back to its place.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~