Public Bus

Kang&Bae Life

​Your comments are well appreciated guys. :) Thank you for subscribing. There's no certain 'ud' day in this story btw. I just write when I feel like writing.

-

 

“Bae Joohyun, stop procrastinating everything. For Pete’s sake—you’re just gonna ride a bus to work.”

 

Seulgi raked her hair with her hand while she waits for her girlfriend to get out of her comfort zone.

It is that time of the day where they don’t have their cars with them. Joohyun’s car was taken by force because Jackson’s, Joohyun’s jerk of a brother, car broke down. While Seulgi’s was borrowed by her assistant as of the moment.

 

“Why can’t we just take the company’s car?” Joohyun insisted.

“Because if we did, you’re gonna be late waiting for that fancy car.”

“It’s just a meeting.”

“It’s a meeting with me.”

 

+

 

“There’s so many people.” Joohyun stated in a distressed voice.

“You’re not the only one living in Korea.”

Joohyun scowled at Seulgi. “Stop being sarcastic with me Kang.”

 

They stood under the waiting area near their apartment while waiting for the bus to arrive. Joohyun was complaining about the cold temperature so Seulgi gave her coat to stop her lover from whining so much.

A block of worry and nervousness was added on Joohyun’s shoulder once the bus stopped by the waiting area.

Office workers, students, random ahjummas and ahjussis are occupying every seat in the bus. Seulgi had to pull Joohyun—who was slightly resisting—inside.

I should have gone with Jackson when he took buses to school during our younger days. Aish. Why was I such a lazy kid back then?  Joohyun thought.

It is cramped inside the vehicle and Joohyun thought it was fate when they saw two vacant seats. She sat near the window while Seulgi sat near the aisle.

Many were staring at the couple ever since they stepped foot inside the public vehicle. Joohyun was popular for her pretty face and her position as a young vice president if their company while Seulgi, being the mysterious CEO of a production company abroad which was a hot topic two years ago until she got revealed after her announced engagement with Bae Joohyun.

They are the ideal couple. (Unless you’re homophobic of course)

The bus stopped by at a waiting area. An old woman came in and was looking for seats and when she found none—because no one isn’t willing to give up seat for her—Seulgi offered her place.

 

“Halmoni, you can take my seat.” Seulgi stood up and guided the old woman to her place.

 

Seulgi eyed Joohyun if she was okay which the latter responded with a meek and content smile.

 

“Aigoo, thank you Seulgi-ssi. My back and feet are really hurting from too much walking.” The old woman said.

 

Seulgi was shocked and Joohyun could only giggle.

 

Upon seeing the young girl’s reaction, the old woman chuckled. “Your face and name is practically everywhere young girl.”

 

The old woman looked at Joohyun, who was smiling, and smiled warmly at her. Joohyun can tell that the grandmother beside her came from a wet market by the multiple plastic bags and the fishy smell. It almost reminded her of Seulgi’s mom when they were still under strict surveillance due to her Joohyun’s father. 

 

Riding a bus isn’t so bad after all.

 

+

 

“It was your fault.”

“How is it my fault?”

“Because you asked me to ride a bus.”

“You enjoyed it. Don’t be such a hypocrite.”

“We should’ve taken the company’s car.”

 

The door opened.

“Please don’t tell me you’re both arguing over a petty problem again.” Wendy said.

“We’re not.” Both sides replied.

 

Wendy sighed.

 

“I’m leaving this here. It’s for both of you to sign and Mr. Bae is waiting in his office so you gotta sign this as soon as possible.”

 

Shaking her head, Wendy left the couple who returned to their interrupted fight.

 

 

A massive moments later, inside Bae Joohyun and Kang Seulgi’s residence.

 

“Seulgi-ah. When will Eomma visit us?”

“Mom? She’s busy organizing our wedding with the Jungs though. Why’d you ask?”

“I just miss her.”

 

Seulgi could only smile. She has always found her girlfriend’s closeness to her parents cute. The first time she introduced Joohyun to her parents, they asked the older girl to call them Appa and Eomma just like what Seulgi does.

 

“How about Jenny?”

“Jenny? You want to see Jenny?”

“Yeah.” Joohyun giggled. “Because she always pisses you off.”

Seulgi scoffed. “You really like it when I’m angry or pissed off, don’t you?”

“You look like a mad bear when you’re angry.”

 

There was silence.

 

“Can you get off my back now?”

“Don’t wanna. You’re comfy, Ddeulgi-ah.” Joohyun cooed.

 

Seulgi started to hibernate peacefully after they got back to their flat. Just about five hours of intense sleeping, she felt a weight on her back. She shouldn’t have slept on her stomach.

 

“Seriously, Bae. You’re getting heavier.”

“Nah. Maybe you’re just old. An oldie who needs to hit the gym right away. But on second thought, don’t. Grandma Kang may break her bones if she does some lifts.”

“One, you are three years older than me. Two, I’ve been diligently attending my gym schedule. Third, you are ing weird tonight Bae Joohyun. Who are you?” bewildered Seulgi asked.

“Bae. Joo. Hyun.”

 

Five minutes later.

 

“Can you get off me now?”

“No.”

 

Ten minutes later.

 

“How about now?”

“Still no.”

 

Twenty minutes later.

 

“Joohyun, my back doesn’t feel anything. It’s numbed. My backbones are melting—”

“Shut up.”

 

Thirty-five minutes later.

 

“Joohyun.”

“…”

“Joohyun?”

“…”

“Yah Bae Joohuyn!”

“…”

“BAE JOOHYUN—AH!” Seulgi got slapped on top of her head.

“Shut the up. I’m sleeping.”

 

One of these days, Joohyun will be the death of Seulgi.

 

+

 

Morning came and Seulgi isn’t feeling her back anymore. She groaned as she tried roll over on her back to stretch. Her bones cracked so loud she thought it already seriously broke.

 

“Damn that Bae Joohyun.” She muttered—not noticing the damned Bae Joohyun standing by the door with her eyebrow raised.

“No breakfast for you then.” The older girl said.

Seulgi looked like a deer caught in headlights. “W-What? I didn’t eat dinner!”

“Nado.”

“B-B-But you slept on my back the whole night!”

“Don’t raise your voice on me.”

 

Joohyun went back to the kitchen—leaving a poor bear sulking and complaining about her numb back part.

The older girl came back shortly, bringing a set of food on a tray. She pushed the younger girl gently to make space for her and placed the tray on top of the blanket.

 

“I thought you were really gonna spare me my breakfast.” Seulgi said with a wide grin on plastered on her face. “I’m touched Hyun.”

Joohyun frowned at her girlfriend. “What are you saying? This is my breakfast. Go get your own.”

“Why did you bring it here then?”

“Because I just feel like eating in front of you.”

 

Joohyun will definitely be the death of Seulgi.