Daddy Sseul

Kang&Bae Life

:D

*

“Hello Tinder girl. You’re here again.”

“Shut up woman.”

“Rude.”

 

Silence.

 

“Looks like your tinder date ditched you.”

 

Jennie kept her cool.

 

“I’m a customer, woman.”

“And I’m the owner.”

 

*

 

“I can’t believe you’re calling him Bugs.”

“I bought him, I can call him what I want.”

 

Yes. Kang Joohyun got what she wanted.

 

“Whatever. I’ll just pretend I have a child.”

“Are you hinting something?”

“Mmmmmmmmmaybe.”

 

*

There wasn’t a day that Joohyun wouldn’t nag Seulgi, through texts, calls, video calls, or reminders-before-Joohyun-goes-off-to-school.

 

“SEULGI! BUGS’ FOOD!” she would scream before leaving their flat.

 

Kang, don’t forget to give my baby Bugs her milk.

YES, JOOHYUN. I WILL. FOR GOD’S SAKE THIS IS THE NTH TIME YOU’VE TEXTED ME ABOUT THAT DAMN BUNNY.

 

“Ddeulgi~” Joohyun cooed.

“What now Bae?” Seulgi replied in the other line. “I’m getting ready for work.”

“I forgot to clean her pee. It’s in the kitchen near the sink. Can you please clean it for me?” Seulgi can imagine her wife’s puppy eyes right now.

“My god Hyun. I’m gonna get late.”

“I love you baby! Bye!”

Seulgi groaned.

 

“Hey Hyun.”

“It’s noon. How can you wake up so late?!”

“I slept late last night. I gotta finish an episode.”

“My baby’s breakfast!”

 

Joohyun saw Seulgi mouthing ‘oh ’.

 

“I’m sorry!”

 

The screen went black and by the sounds from the other line, Seulgi was already readying the bunny’s food. A few minutes later, Seulgi’s sleepy face showed up.

 

“Sorry Hyunnie. My alarm clock didn’t go off.”

Joohyun smiled. “It’s okay. Go sleep again.”

“Hmm.” With just that, Seulgi drifted off to sleep.

 

*

 

It was a Saturday afternoon and Joohyun is still in school because their class had to take Saturday make-up classes due to reason that the instructor will be out for the whole week next week.

And Seulgi was left with a very much hyped up toddler and a hopping bunny.

It’s a disaster. The bear doesn’t know where to focus.

She was so grateful to Joy that she didn’t have to take home works.

 

“Oh no no no. You’re not spilling the trash bin again Bugs. I just cleaned that up.” She scooped the bunny with her hand and put it in the living room—far away from the trash bin.

 

Seulgi saw Mina, who’s about to fall off the coffee table, from her peripheral eye view and caught her by the toddler’s ankle.

 

“I swear Mina, if you got a concussion, Rose, my wife, and your parents will bury me alive.”

 

Mina clapped and giggled excitedly from being held upside down.

Seulgi quickly laid her down on the sofa and put pillows on the floor. The center table was long put aside where the babies won’t reach it.

The bunny jumped on the sofa beside the Mina, who quickly played with her.

 

“Good. Stay with each other.” Seulgi huffed.

 

She was so tired. She’s literally baby-sitting two babies all by herself—without Joohyun—since morning came. Rose knocked on their door early in the morning when Joohyun was about to leave for school. Mina’s parents were out of town and Rose asked for a favor of looking after the toddler.

Joohyun said yes of course.

Only Joohyun.

Seulgi was left with the torture.

 

The bear was about to rush to Mina again but she saw the toddler carefully climbs down the sofa and did her tentative walks while the bunny hops behind her.

Mina went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. She seems to be looking for a familiar orange vegetable.

 

“DADA!” she called.

 

Seulgi willingly took want the toddler was asking her to.

It was tiny carrot.

 

“You’re one hell of a brainy kid, aren’t you?” Seulgi ruffled the toddler’s hair.

 

Mina’s growing up and she just turned three, months ago.

 

Seulgi gave the carrot to Mina and let the small girl feed the bunny.

Seulgi never wants to admit but…

 

“Aren’t you two the cutest thing tandem?” she sighed.

 

*

 

“Stop whining! You’re worse than Joohyun unnie!”

“Why did she have to go away?”

 

Joy rolled her eyes. She wasn’t able to meet Yerim today because of her grouchy boss.

 

“It’s just ing school trip. You can always do face time with her. And you were not like this when she went to a business trip in Japan.”

“I want my bunny.”

 

Joy eyed the hopping bunny at the Kangs’ flat.

 

“She’s hopping… like what she usually does.”

“NO! I mean my Joohyunnie!”

Joy ignored this and asked, “What do you wanna eat?”

Seulgi jutted her lower lip—Joy almost puked. “Ice cream.”

“Got it.”

 

I gotta get out of here—like just for a minute. Joy dashed out of the place.

Seulgi stared at the bunny.

She looks very much like Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

Joy came back with a tub of Chocolate Mint flavored ice cream.

But was greeted by her boss dozing off on the floor in the living room with a sleeping bunny on top of her stomach.

 

“Unbelievable.”