Laundry Bae

Kang&Bae Life

Seulgi woke up with a sore back. A certain chicken had been slamming a pillow at her back to keep her up but Seulgi being Seulgi, it was always hard to wake her up so Joohyun had her girlfriend’s assistant to do her fiancée duties for the bear for she has an urgent meeting to attend to.

 

“Stop breaking my back bone. I’m awake already!” Seulgi shouted with throaty voice.

“I don’t see your eyes opening.” Joy retorted.

 

Seulgi pushed her body to sit.

 

“Happy?” she groggily said but with closed eyes.

“Yes.” Joy pulled out a piece of paper from her jean-pocket. “Joohyun told me to give you these and help you. Just help you.

“Read.”

The assistant almost rolled her eyes at her boss’s bossiness. “Eat breakfast. Clean the unit. Do the laundry. Eat lunch and dinner because I may or may not be home late.”

 

When Seulgi heard the word laundry, she feels like going back to sleep already.

 

“No~” Seugi whined.

“At least I get to see you do house chores.” Joy snickered.

 

Seulgi threw a glare at her.

 

“Nu-uh. I’m the boss today, not you.”

 

+

 

“Geez, no.” Joy said. “White and colored clothes doesn’t go together Kang Sseul.” She told her boss as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“How would I know?” Seulgi frustratingly asked.

“How would you know?” Joy was beyond frustrated too. “Well, for starters, white isn’t orange.”

“But there’s orange in it!” Seulgi exclaimed.

“The cloth is white. The print of the shirt is orange. What you are trying to clean is the cloth itself and not the shirt’s print.”

 “Ugh!”

 

After two hours of sorting and an hour of explaining, Seulgi got everything washed and dried without making a single disaster.

 

“See. That ain’t bad.” Joy said.

“It ain’t bad because you practically ordered me around like a bloody satanic chicken.” Seulgi spat.

 

Much to Seulgi’s happiness and relief, Joy left after she’s done with the laundry. Apparently, Joy was sent by Joohyun solely for doing laundry only. The older woman might have expected the incident a while ago to occur and what catastrophe must have happened if she didn’t asked for Joy’s company.

After lunch, the bear started to clean their condominium starting from her shared room with her fiancée.

While she was busy scrubbing every dirt on the floor, her phone buzzed.

It was a message from Joohyun.

 

You still alive?

 

Seulgi doesn’t know whether to smile or frown. Instead, she took a picture of herself, lying on the floor and completely exhausted and sent it to Joohyun.

 

Aww. Is my baby bear tired?

Yes.

 

When Joohyun didn’t reply, Seulgi continued her work till everything was shining. Even she was shining with sweat.

 

+

 

Joohyun just finished her last meeting for the day which was unexpectedly dismissed early. She doesn’t mind though. She can go home and see her Seulgi as soon as possible—or not.

Her phone vibrated on her desk.

 

Hyun-ah. I’ll be going out with Byulyi and the gang. I can get you food on the way home, do you want anything?

 

Her smile changed into a cute frown when she read her fiancée’s message. She thought she’ll be spending free time with Seulgi.

 

Anything can do baby bear. But I’ve been craving for churros since last week.

Sure Hyunnie! Text me when you get home. Love you Bae.

Love you too Kang.

 

Joohyun didn’t mention about her early adjourned meeting because she was sure that Seulgi would go home and spend her time with her girlfriend instead of her friends. She knew Byulyi ever since she knew Seulgi. Byulyi has been Seulgi’s friend—best friend—when she was still part of the underground business along with some other girls her fiancée had told her. Joohyun remembered some names like Wheein, Lisa, Momo, Jungyeon, and Hwasa. But none of them have met Joohyun and vice versa. The only friend Joohyun knows personally is Byulyi.

 

+

 

Cheers erupted in the rented resto bar when Seulgi entered the property.

 

“The richest kid is her. Give way!” Byulyi joked which earned her a loud smack on the forehead from Seulgi.

“Shut up. As if you aren’t rich.” Seulgi said.

“Well, half of our group wouldn’t get a truck of money without your help. I mean—you gave Wheein, Hwasa, and Momo a decent job. They aren’t called the Sloth Trio for nothing you know.”

“And when did you create your own name as The I-Can’t-Stop-Talking-Help-Me Star?” Seulgi said with a chuckle.

 

Byulyi sulked under her girlfriend’s—Yongsun—embrace who was also laughing at her.

It was true. Once Seulgi had made sure that her company was steady and ready to get wide in connections, she contacted her friends who needed regular jobs and took them under her wing.

“So, when will we meet this Joohyun of yours?” Wheein asked.

“Haven’t you seen her already—?” Seulgi said with an amused face.

“Officially.” Momo cut her off. “When can we meet her officially? We’ve been friends for more than a decade and you won’t even introduce us decently to your woman.”

“But Moon Byulyi is friends with her.” Jungyeon narrowed her eyes at Seulgi.

 

Seulgi drank her juice.

 

“The thing is, we were in a forbidden love before I flew to America and I just came back this year after being away from her for nine dreadful years and now she’s busy being the vice president of their company plus the arrangement of our wedding is stressful as .”

Hwasa raised her hands up. “I didn’t say anything. These ers are at fault not me.”

 

+

 

“Bae I’m home!” Seulgi shouted when she didn’t see her girlfriend at her usual place—the couch.

“My churros!” a wild running bunny appears behind their room’s door.

“I’m hurt.” Seulgi jokingly clutched her chest. “Churros are more important than your fiancée.”

“Aish.” Joohyun smacked her head. “Stop being dramatic.”

Seulgi held her slightly throbbing head. “You should really—like really—stop hanging out with those Jung sisters.” She sighed. “I thought you hated Soojung.”

Joohyun took the small churro paper bag from Seulgi’s hand. “We get along really well when we talk about your stupidity and laziness.”

“You are a sadistic Bae Joohyun. How could you hurt me like this? This is physical and emotional abuse.”

“Stop being a baby and eat with me.”

 

Seconds later, Seulgi has Joohyun sitting on her lap while they eat the churros she bought along with the Amazing World of Gumball playing on the television.

 

“You’re like Gumball’s dad. You’re lazy as .” Joohyun said.

“And you’re like Gumball’s mom. Bossy as always.” Seulgi answered back.

“She’s not. She’s just being a mom.”

 

Seulgi didn’t reply.

 

“I wonder why Darwin doesn’t wear shorts.” Seulgi told her like she’s been thinking about it ever since she has seen Darwin on the screen.

“Because he’s a fish.”

Joohyun almost laughed her out when Seulgi’s face contorted in confusion. “Why the is he walking and living on land then?”

“Because he became human.”

Seulgi’s awful facial expression got worse. “He looks like a face that has grown a pair of arms and legs! He looks—odd. And this just sunk in to me but—if ever Darwin wore a shirt, it would’ve look like he’s wearing a face mask.” Seulgi exclaimed.

 

Joohyun can’t keep it anymore and rolled over the sofa as she laughs everything out.

Seulgi just stared at her, wondering why her girlfriend was laughing because she was being serious about the Darwin thing.