3. Take My Breath Away

All For You « 2017 Myungsoo Birthday Event »
 

Title: Take My Breath Away

Author: 89Panda

Pairing: Sunggyu/Myungsoo

Summary: An Omega can only wish for his alpha crush to notice him right?

Author's Note: so this is an entry for a Myungsoo centric fanfic for his birthday and here I am such a trash for Myunggyu. So please enjoy cat eyed Myungsoo ogling at his alpha. Oh I don’t know why but this turned out to be crack.

 

---

 

Back in the days, omegas were just seen as slaves to breed but in today’s society, there have been rights established to protect their well being but still, restrictions were imposed as hierarchy still matters above all.

Such was the case why omegas were warned about having crushes on alphas because it does not guarantee them that they can mate with them, unlike alphas who can court and woo any person regardless of status as they wish. Omegas were still few and special, prized at some territories but still left at the mercy of willing alphas to bond and mate with them.

And that’s why a pair of raven eyes gazed at a distance, memorizing the gentle face of a certain alpha that had captured his heart from the moment their eyes met. He sighed, an omega can only dream of having such alpha be head over heels in love with him and would want to court him, but that is just a dream that kept playing over and over in his head with no chance of being a reality.

“Quit staring Myungsoo.” He heard a whisper and the ravenette looked at the source of the voice to find his friend rolling his eyes.

“I am not staring Yeol,” Myungsoo replied, sighing as he took out his notebook to write some lines to say when he eventually get the courage to speak his mind, but he doubts that he’ll be able to do that with how pathetic he is pining for the certain alpha.

“You should know by know that you have to stop whatever you feel regarding Sunggyu hyung, you know your status.” Sungyeol pointed out making Myungsoo frown, of course, he knew his status as an omega and whatever he was feeling right now will not matter when an alpha claims him as a mate; sad life Myungsoo thought.

“Yeah, I know.” Myungsoo sadly replied and closed his notebook and shoving it inside his bag when he looked up and his eyes and mouth gape at the passing figure. There in all his wonderful glory, Sunggyu walking past him while his eyes crinkling as he laughed from what probably the lamest joke his twin brother could muster. The sight just made Myungsoo’s heart beat fast and the pounding was so loud he was sure others could hear it hammering inside his chest. He was so screwed.

Myungsoo has always been the quiet type of guy, but instead of people shying away from him, the mysterious air and his icy cold stare actually attracted a fair amount of admirers both in the female and male department. But being an omega, his preference would have been male alphas; but that doesn’t stop his admirers. Myungsoo didn’t mind the attention but he would have preferred if a certain alpha also belonged in that group of admirers because really, he only has that one particular alpha in mind, all the time.

“I think I love him.” Myungsoo blurted out, sitting on the usual bench outside their classrooms and out in the courtyard where the students mingle during breaks.

“Oh no you don’t, please Myungsoo stop it right now!” Sungyeol was petrified beyond words, an omega has no right to choose his mate, he can’t fall in love because if that person doesn’t like him back, then his heart will just break and would affect his relationship with his real mate.  “We both know our status doesn’t give much for love, we can’t choose whom to mate with, and alphas can but not us.” Sungyeol reminded his friend and Myungsoo sighed in response.

“I.. can’t help it.” Myungsoo bit his lower lip guiltily because he can’t really stop himself from loving the alpha even if he was the only one who understands the logic for this. And then his breath hitched because the infamous alpha and his twin were once again walking towards them. Myungsoo panicked and tried to recall what he had written on his notebooks, lines that he was supposed to say when a chance was given to him; and this was it was it?
But a group of mixed status met them and talked to them making Myungsoo’s heart sank as he realized how pathetic his pining was given that he was going to end up on a platter served to hungry alphas waiting to claim a mate. Great life, thanks for omega rights.

“So, do you have any idea who will be your mate?” Sungyeol asked, looking at the friend who was just staring (more like ogling and stripping the alpha with his eyes) at a distance.

“Huh?” Myungsoo replied without looking at his friend.

“The Annual Gala Myungsoo, it’s in a month’s time and I am sure your parents will present their eldest son as a potential omega mate at the party.” Sungyeol sighed as he too looked a few yards to side, eyeing a laughing hyena-dinosaur hybrid (he was exaggerating; Dongwoo isn’t a hybrid, just a happy-go-lucky alpha who you’d second guess as a beta).

“Oh, that.” Myungsoo sulked because really, that was the last thing he wanted, being presented as a potential mate at a party teeming with alphas hungry for a mate; and he doesn’t like the feeling of being merchandise for the showcase.

“Are you available for the gala?” A boy, cute but not Myungsoo’s type, asked and Myungsoo sighed and shook his head.

“Sorry, I can’t accept offers.” Myungsoo shrugged, not a complete lie because omegas are bound to be presented by their parents and not go as a date.

“Too bad, but I’ll definitely bid on you.” Myungsoo flinched at the words, he remembered alphas can bid to claim, really what was he a piece of trophy?

“At least someone’s interested in you.” Sungyeol sighed and the two omegas were left to ponder who will be their mates came gala.

The Gala is just a glorified bidding for omegas and while other omegas took the opportunity to be mated, Myungsoo wasn’t too keen on it for two reasons: one, he’ll be claimed by an unknown alpha (sure he knew some alphas that had showed interest in him) and two, he’ll have to endure watching his love interest choose an unknown omega (if he’s into males), alphas or betas (if he’s into females). The thought really got into him and it was so big that he actually had sudden panic attacks in the middle of the night. Wow, really tough luck Myungsoo.

Myungsoo felt tired with all the sleepless nights he’s been having that he wasn’t able to react that fast when he collided with a body just as he round a corner to go to the bathroom. He wasn’t the squeamish type but he would apologize sincerely to the person when the words got stuck in his throat. Because when he bumped into a body, he never expected it to be Sunggyu, and that the alpha would prevent him from falling down on his .

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu asked with furrowed brows and concern laced voice. Myungsoo could only hear his heartbeat hammering loudly and he could feel the tight grip on his waist like it was a scene out of a manga; and oh how Sunggyu’s voice was like velvet that he wanted to melt right then and there.

Myungsoo was speechless, like brain dead speechless and all those lines he listed down on his notebook and memorized infinite times were useless as he doesn’t even know what to reply except to hold him tighter (and claim him, damn his omega was that eager).

“Myungsoo!” they both turned to the source of the voice and Sunggyu let Myungsoo go gently and fixed himself as another omega approached them. “What did you do to him?” The omega questioned and Sungggyu cleared his throat.

“I did nothing; I just kept him from falling when he bumped into me.” Sunggyu clarified and Myungsoo nodded as he straightened his clothes and started picking up his things.

“Gyu, Let’s go!” They heard another alpha, Jinki, who happens to be Sunggyu’s twin brother call out and Sunggyu excused himself and went after the brother.

Myungsoo sighed as he picked up his things and was surprised to see a handkerchief that bore the family crest of Sunggyu. He took the piece of cloth and looked up to the direction of where Sunggyu went and thought about returning it. But he saw the alpha smiling while chatting with his brother and the scent on the cloth was hitting him hard that all he did was took a sniff and smiled goofily like a kid on drugs.

“You are crazy Myungsoo.” Sungyeol snatched the piece of cloth making Myungsoo whine and tried to grab it back but Sungyeol was far too tall for him. ‘Geez Myungsoo, please help yourself.” Sungyeol sighed as he handed the cloth back, making Myungsoo smile wide and his eyes turning into slits.

 

 

The night of the gala finally approached and Myungsoo was being groomed by his omega father when his alpha father walked up to them and handed him the family crest. “I’m sorry Myungsoo, I didn’t want to give you away like this but tradition calls for it,”  Yunho told his son but Myungsoo just smiled at him, his parents had done nothing wrong.

‘I understand, when I presented as an omega, I kind of had an idea of what my life would be after.” Myungsoo replied and his omega father, Jaejoong cupped his face.

“We wanted to you have the same luxury of choosing your preferred alpha like we had,” Jaejoong said and Myungsoo shook his head and gave his father a smile.

“I just wish that I would be as lucky as you two are, to have an alpha that will love me and take care of me like Appa Yunho did to you,” Myung oo replied and Jaejoong was in tears, his precious boy is being taken away from him and not by a person who deserves him.

“Let’s go,” Yunho announced and soon they all boarded the car to go to the gala.

The Gala was teeming with people and Myungsoo was one popular omega, a hot item on the list and it made interested alphas approach him as soon as they spotted him. Yunho was protective of his son, assessing the alphas who seemed to look superficial with their intentions for his son, which rang a warning alarm in his head.

They found their table, a good few seats away from the alphas and he was straining his neck to see the alpha that he so desired to mate with. Jaejoong noticed his son and smiled sadly at him, he was at the mercy of the system and he can’t do anything about it.

The program started and each was anticipating the presentation of the omegas and the start of the bidding. There was no set bid unless stated by the family; for example, an omega from a rich clan would want a minimum amount for their omega child, so anything goes at the bidding.

The bidding is merely a show of power but the money bid would actually be used for the mating ceremony, thus you could expect what extravagance the alpha’s family can provide an omega. In any other bidding, the higher valued items are reserved for last, but for omegas, the finest are announced first because no need to hide fine merchandise and get the alphas bored right?

“Up first, Kim Jonghyun to be presented by Kim Jongwoon and his mate Ryeowook.” The announcer said and all eyes went to the three men, gorgeous eyes, and fine jet black hair. Myungsoo gulped seeing how the omega was groomed, very desirable and not to mention the family background was through the roof.

“My honor to introduce my son, omega Jonghyun.” Kim Jongwoon said and Jonghyun took a shallow bow and smiled weakly at everyone. “Free spirited and has inherited both his parent’s voice. We can’t put a price on our beloved son.” Jongwoon finished and there were murmurs going around as alphas caught interest in bidding.

But as soon as the MC started the bid, an alpha stood then smiled at the omega before raising a black card.  “1 million.”  He said proudly and everyone went silent, that was a lot of money, to begin with.

Myungsoo then watched as the alpha took the card and handed it to the MC to swipe and print out a debit card for Jongwoon and Ryeowook.

“The name’s Choi Jinki and I would love to take Jonghyun as my mate. I have been admiring him for so long and what perfect time to ask for his hand than today.” Jinki said and Jonghyun smiled so bright, he could probably blind everyone.

“Hyung, I thought you wouldn’t see me past as a friend.” Jonghyun was in tears and that was like super cheesy drama material but Myungsoo was helpless romantic that he found it so sweet and wish he could have that kind of drama proposal.

Some other names were called and finally, it was Myungsoo’s turn to face the world. He took a deep breath as he faced the crowd, eyes searching for his desired alpha but was disappointed when he saw the said alpha looking at his phone with no real intention to pay attention to the bidding that could change someone’s life (Yes Myungsoo could probably be an actor if kept the dramatics).

“Jung Myungsoo, omega and an eye candy. My sweet and loving son who loves to capture emotions with his camera, a face that can sail a thousand ships but owns a heart as fragile as glass. We do not intend to put a price, he is our treasure.” Yunho said and Myungsoo has to keep his tears at bay at how his father presented him.

“50 thousand.” A starting bid and Myungsoo was expecting that he had some admirers, to begin with.

The bid was going wild, reaching to 500 thousand in a mere minute and he looked at the grinning alpha that looked a little too eager for his taste. He felt his heart ache as he glanced over the love of his life and he sighed as he let his frustrations be known, he was really stupid to hope for a chance to be Sunggyu’s mate.

He could hear it, the sound of the final call and he just felt like he needed to cry, it was painful. Sure he wasn’t really expecting a high bid on him but couldn’t Sunggyu be a little interested in him?

“600 thousand.” He heard a familiar voice and he looked up to see a serious looking alpha standing and facing him.

“750 tops.” The other alpha raised a brow and Sunggyu massaged his temple.

“Is that the best you can do?” Sunggyu smirked and then raised his black card. “1 million.” He said and the room went silent and heard the final sound of the bidding.

Myungsoo was wide-eyed as he watched the alpha walked towards him and his brain might probably short circuited and shut down because he couldn’t even function like a normal human being when Sunggyu bowed at them.

“Choi Sunggyu, Myungsoo’s mate if you allow.” Sunggyu handed the card and Yunho looked at his son who was spilling silent tears.

“Are you okay Myungsoo, If you don’t want him we cold..” Yunho said but Myungsoo shook his head vigorously and just enveloped Sunggyu in a tight embrace, nuzzling his face into the strong alpha’s chest. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Sunggyu-ssi” Yunho smiled as he took the card and Sunggyu returned it with a bow.

“I will introduce you to my family,” Sunggyu said and led them towards their table, Myungsoo still hugging the alpha like a Koala.

Myungsoo eventually straightened himself as he faced Myungsoo’s parents only to be enveloped by his omega father. “You got me worried Myungsoo,” Jaejoong said and Myungsoo apologized as he tried to smile through the tears, happy fat tears because he is now going to mate with the one who claimed his heart.

 

 

“My My, Jaejoong.” The voice was commanding and Jaejoong faced the person bravely.

“Heechul-hyung,” Jaejoong replied.

“If I only knew that you had an omega son, then we wouldn’t be here,” Heechul replied and faced Myungsoo. “I am Choi Heechul,  father to twins Jinki and Sunggyu.” He extended a hand and Myungsoo clumsily shook his hands. “Such a pretty face but stained with so many tears, happy tears I presume? “ Heechul asked and Myungsoo nodded.

“You are not mute are you?” Siwon, alpha mate of Heechul and father of Jinki and Sunggyu asked him and Myungsoo shivered.

“Stop intimidating the boy,” Heechul warned and Siwon sighed.

“I’m … not.” Myungsoo eventually answered and Sunggyu sighed as he took the omega’s hand and kissed it.

“Do you need your notebook?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo’s eyes widened.

“what?” Myungsoo blurted making Sunggyu laugh.

“I am nervous too Myungsoo, I‘ve liked you for so long but couldn’t approach you,” Sunggyu said and it made Myungsoo’s cheeks turn red.

“Sunbae,” Myungsoo uttered and Sunggyu leaned in to kiss the worries away.

“You take my breath away Myungsoo and I just don’t know what to say to express these feelings,” Sunggyu replied making Myungsoo smile.

“I’m yours hyung,” Myungsoo said confidently.

​​​​​​​“Okay, you are not mute,”Siwon remarked and everyone burst into laughter.

 

----

 

a/n: I don’t think I gave this one justice .. sorry, schedule was tight T.T